Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Candy and Soda are not even remotely as bad for people as Cigarettes. Also it's not that they are trying to make people quit, they are just choosing to not support that unhealthy addictive habit.
    Plus, consuming candy and soda doesn't impact the health of those around you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Plus, consuming candy and soda doesn't impact the health of those around you.
    Unless you try to take my swedish fish. Then you may end up dead faster than second hand smoke can get to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    It hurts me to see someone drink Dr. Pepper. The kind of self-loathing and the absolute lack of self-respect it takes to subject yourself to that is just mind boggling and upsetting.
    How do you feel about Root Beer?

It hurts me to see someone drink Dr. Pepper. The kind of self-loathing and the absolute lack of self-respect it takes to subject yourself to that is just mind boggling and upsetting.
    Whoa man, shots fired there. All respect gone. How could you do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoka Inumuta View Post
    If they have to drive farther away for their cigarettes, maybe it might encourage them to stop smoking? Maybe, maybe not, but I could see that as being a reason.
    I smoke, and if my local store stopped selling them, I'd go to the other countless stores nearby that would continue to sell them. One chain stopping isn't going to make people drop the habit, but it might impact their business due to foot traffic coming in for cigarettes and noticing something else they might need.

Not saying though this is a bad stance for them to take. Their a health based store, it makes perfect sense and seems the right thing to do.

And yet pharmacy stores like CVS and Walgreens still throw out perfectly good food, clothing, and merchandise for no other reason than, "it's out of season".

So, where's there commercial about stopping 'waste'? I'm pretty sure that has a much more significant impact than the acquisition of cigarettes. After all, people who want to smoke have always and will always find a way to do so. Stopping the sale of cigarettes will not change that.

If it helps their bottom line by bringing credulous idiots who want the place they shop to be a reflection of their political views, then fuck it, go CVS the free market is fixing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Unless you try to take my swedish fish. Then you may end up dead faster than second hand smoke can get to you.
    I keep picturing this with you as a warrior charging someone and then casting bladestorm.

Diet Dr. Pepper is where it's at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

I like it. I actually like Dr. Pepper while drinking it too, but the few times I've had it there has been like a weird after taste and texture in my mouth that I didn't like. Mr. Pibb is only slightly different than D Peps, but lacks those things and I like it a lot.
    Mr. Pibbs couldn't get his degree though, so he can go screw off!

Personal tastes though, I don't like Mr. Pibb because it lacks the aftertaste and what not, which is why I love Dr. Pepper.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Diet Dr. Pepper is where it's at.
    Diet Dr. Pepper is honestly one of the few diet sodas I consider it's own flavor, as a good thing.

To echo what many have already said, this move was likely optimally timed due to a drop in sales, and/or a cost/benefit on what other products could be sold on the same shelf space with higher margins. That being said, there is surely going to be a nice "PR bump" from dropping this that should help them out.
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

Deleted
    Pharmacy - a place you go to get prescibed and over the counter drugs to help improve your health.
    Cigarettes - a product containing nothing of medicinal value what so ever and has been proven to make your health worse.

Why the hell would a Pharmacy sell cig's in the first place :s

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't smoke because cancer is pretty bad.

So I do the slightly more healthy alternative, World of Warcraft.

Their business in they decide to.

Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    CVS/pharmacy will stop selling cigarettes and all tobacco products at its more than 7,600 stores nationwide by October 1, 2014

"Ending the sale of cigarettes and tobacco products at CVS/pharmacy is simply the right thing to do for the good of our customers and our company. The sale of tobacco products is inconsistent with our purpose – helping people on their path to better health.

As the delivery of health care evolves with an emphasis on better health outcomes, reducing chronic disease and controlling costs, CVS Caremark is playing an expanded role through our 26,000 pharmacists and nurse practitioners. By removing tobacco products from our retail shelves, we will better serve our patients, clients and health care providers while positioning CVS Caremark for future growth as a health care company. Cigarettes and tobacco products have no place in a setting where health care is delivered. This is the right thing to do."

http://www.cvshealth.com/research-in...ht-thing-to-do

Very late to the news of this, but still very surprised. Very noble of them to take a slash to their profits for this, but still, where is the line drawn?

Why not stop selling Candy and Soda as well for their customers' benefit? In the end smokers will just get their cigarettes elsewhere. I don't smoke but personally I'm all for freedom of choice. I don't consider making smokers drive an additional distance a victory...

Good then why does this bother you? That same freedom of choice allows a private business to make a decision like this.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Pharmacy - a place you go to get prescibed and over the counter drugs to help improve your health.
    Cigarettes - a product containing nothing of medicinal value what so ever and has been proven to make your health worse.

Why the hell would a Pharmacy sell cig's in the first place :s
    Believe it or not, not too long ago cigarettes were believed to have health benefits, until the 1964 report on smoking and health, which was extremely controversial at the time. That was probably the original reasoning for having them, and as a profitable product, the companies wouldn't be jumping to take it out of their stores even after the health issues associated with them came to light.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn View Post
    Believe it or not, not too long ago cigarettes were believed to have health benefits, until the 1964 report on smoking and health, which was extremely controversial at the time. That was probably the original reasoning for having them, and as a profitable product, the companies wouldn't be jumping to take it out of their stores even after the health issues associated with them came to light.
    Yeah, I have seen enough old movies where doctors prescribe tobacco use to ease stress and tension to know that it was once used as a medicine, However Cocaine, and Heroin were all both as medical cures in the past as well. Only difference is they were made illegal and tobacco was not.

10+ Year Old Account
    because it's a cancerous product that kills hundreds of thousands of people a year from heart disease,lung cancer,throat cancer,and high blood pressure? doesn't really fit with the purpose of a pharmacy.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.