Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

At this point, Horde Blood Elves don't make sense anymore.

Let's roll back to BC days. Blood Elves had no Sunwell, their source of power was gone and they needed a way to feed their addiction. some human jackass mistreated them and imprisoned Kael'Thas and his followers for their questionable methods. (and his own xenophobic mentality)

They group up with Nagas and escape Azeroth, make their way into Outland, meet illidan who tells Kael'thas there's a way to feed the addiction : Fel Magic.

so Blood Elves replace their arcane source of power with Fel source. you can see the green crystals scattered in their zones. they feed on demonic energies which made Alliance wary of them. to the Alliance the Blood Elves were a lost cause, and Blood Elves thought the Alliance abandoned them in their moment of need. Blood Elves knew Fel magic was dangerous but they had no choice, they wanted to control fel energy source not lose themselves to it and THAT made blood elves interesting.

but after their redemption story in BC they slowly returned to their noble past, now they're basically High Elves again. hell, they're even nobler because now they use light as an energy source and not arcane. imo lorewise there's nothing that explains their loyalty to Horde now, they're neighbors of Forsaken who have a hatred for everything that has a beating heart, their allies in Kalimdor are savage tribals.

I guess Blizzard didn't have a long-term plan when they threw Velen into the Sunwell to cure it with light energies.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2014-12-27 at 09:24 AM.

They obviously hold a grudge against the Alliance for abandoning them, and are loyal to the Horde because they were there for them in their time of need.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gob View Post
    They obviously hold a grudge against the Alliance for abandoning them, and are loyal to the Horde because they were there for them in their time of need.
    yes but all of that loses color in long-term when they see that they have nothing in common with Horde. they have no ancient bonds with them, they only made an alliance out of desperation. and now their emergency situation has ended.

Blizzard should've stuck with the demonic energy source imo. far more interesting than the current blood elf theme.

Horde Blood Elves make perfect sense if you played the Warcraft 3: TFT campaign where the Alliance grand marshal Garithos tries to commit a genocide against Blood Elves under Kael'Thas' leadership.

Deleted
    Well Blood Elfs alone are going to lose against either faction.

And they have big hate toward the humans because of the way they used them as just fresh meat on the frontline to save human lives.
    Humans used the Blood Elfs just as a human shield.

small video what shows the relationship between humans and Blood elfs (high elfs)

Deleted
    The leader of the blood elfs reached out to King Wryn for switching sides. I believe they had a treaty in a night elf place, and garrosh screwed it up. Lorewise they are probably inclined to be in favor of switching, but it's all a bit tense now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YOLOLOGIST View Post
    Horde Blood Elves make perfect sense if you played the Warcraft 3: TFT campaign where the Alliance grand marshal Garithos tries to commit a genocide against Blood Elves under Kael'Thas' leadership.
    ...I did mention that right? but Garithos didn't represent the grand alliance as whole. there are extreme elements on both sides, and currently the Alliance leadership is better than ever. did Vol'jin and Bane break away from Horde when Garrosh treated Trolls and Tauren like dirt? did Garrosh represent all the Orcs?

nothing is making sense lore wise. blizzard just wants to milk money from users by releasing "new" and "innovation" content.

If anything, blood elves have more of a place in the Horde than they ever did in the past. Start looking at it from the eyes of an actual person or leader within the Warcraft world.

The Horde welcomed them in and helped them when they didn't really have to. The Horde is the only reason the blood elves survived this long and didn't go extinct, saving them during what could easily be the darkest hour in the high elves' history. Lor'themar's forces are responsible for the Horde heroes' success in Siege of Orgrimmar. I'd say that probably at this point, considering how instrumental they were in the Horde's retaking of Orgrimmar, Vol'jin considers them as loyal as any orc, tauren or troll.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    did Vol'jin and Bane break away from Horde when Garrosh treated Trolls and Tauren like dirt?
    They started a revolution trying to kill him ._.

Factions are a game mechanic, i see the blood, night elves, draenei and forsaken more independent and only generally affiliated to one faction than for example core races like trolls or dwarfs. Well in game this isn't represented at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

If you did the dominance offensive quests you get to watch Jaina genocidally murdering all the Blood Elves in Dalaran. For some reason that didn't go over well in Silvermoon. Then Wrynn gets angry at Jaina for messing up his plan to get the Blood Elves to switch to the alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess Blizzard didn't have a long-term plan when they threw Velen into the Sunwell to cure it with light energies.
    They did. It was put them in there and roll with it. I guess they figured the naysayers would eventually have reconciled themselves to the new reality. However here we are the guts of a decade later and people are still trying to get Blizzard to justify their inclusion with the Horde.

Why not just accept that is the way things are and move on?

Deleted
    The blood elves dont really need much in common with the horde. Geographically they are quite separated, even from forsaken. Lorewise they are usually left doing their own things whether it be Liadrin serving the light or the archeologists doing their own shtick. So in a way it does work as the horde has proven to be more loyal allies than the alliance.

That said I dont like the way they whitewashed the blood elves either. Their original concepts were far more interesting, now the only way to tell them apart from humans is that one is blue and the other is red.

10+ Year Old Account
    ..At this point?

I said that when Burning Crusade was announced.

Deleted
    And even after with BC, some people still believe It was Mists of Pandaria who f*** up the Lore of Warcraft...

Let's roll back to BC days. Blood Elves had no Sunwell, their source of power was gone and they needed a way to feed their addiction. some human jackass mistreated them and imprisoned Kael'Thas and his followers for their questionable methods. (and his own xenophobic mentality)

They group up with Nagas and escape Azeroth, make their way into Outland, meet illidan who tells Kael'thas there's a way to feed the addiction : Fel Magic.

so Blood Elves replace their arcane source of power with Fel source. you can see the green crystals scattered in their zones. they feed on demonic energies which made Alliance wary of them. to the Alliance the Blood Elves were a lost cause, and Blood Elves thought the Alliance abandoned them in their moment of need. Blood Elves knew Fel magic was dangerous but they had no choice, they wanted to control fel energy source not lose themselves to it and THAT made blood elves interesting.

but after their redemption story in BC they slowly returned to their noble past, now they're basically High Elves again. hell, they're even nobler because now they use light as an energy source and not arcane. imo lorewise there's nothing that explains their loyalty to Horde now, they're neighbors of Forsaken who have a hatred for everything that has a beating heart, their allies in Kalimdor are savage tribals.

I would guess this is why they tried to join the alliance in mop they need some kind of group to side with if they were to just go SCREW THOSES HORDE GUYS WERE LEAVING. what would stop the horde from just attacking there city's and taking all there land to keep for the horde, one race wouldn't be able to stand against the horde or alliance if they had no form of backing and trying to get that backing after you have left the group seems like a bad idea so they tried to join the alliance before they left and Janna screw it all up.

If you think just because time has passed and blood elves lost their connection to past events, and this is a reason for them to turn their back to horde, could you tell me what other reason does any other race has to stay in their current faction? What reason do dwarves have now to be a part of alliance? Why should worgen be friends with night elves now? Everything was in the past and no race needs to be a part of any faction at this moment if you try to see the game with that logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    they're neighbors of Forsaken who have a hatred for everything that has a beating heart, their allies in Kalimdor are savage tribals.
    No they don't... They are in fact very loyal to the blood elves because of Windrunner. They have fort along side them many times now.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    But have they ever been noble? Recall that they were exiled from Kalimdor for their lust for power and abuse of magic. They went to the east and formed their own kingdom built around those ideals. They are everything but noble. They are selfish, egocentric, xenophobic. Remember Sylvanas in Warcraft 3, when she still was an Elf? She didn't exactly strike me as a noble, more like a girl with deep personal problems that she tries to cover by putting everyone else down - this was what High elves mostly were like. And after exposure to Fel magic and essentially working for a demon, you bet their nasty qualities only progressed, not to speak that with all their history they probably wouldn't be welcome back into the Alliance, especially since Night Elves are a part of it and wouldn't side with their ancient rivals under any circumstances.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.