Not making a toon because of transmog..?

So, this is probably ridiculous but I've had my eye on making a mage for a while. However, I'm very much into transmog and love collecting the pieces and making my sets on my toons. However, I find the Mage CM set to be my favorite set in the entire game...the problem is I didn't have a mage in MoP and never got it (I have the CM set on 4 other toons though). I feel like if I made a mage and mained it I would always feel incomplete and jealous of all the other mages who earned it. Because of this, I don't know if it's worth leveling up a mage...silly?

no point playing a toon if ya dont like an aspect of it (this case being tmog).
    makes sense to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Now imagine if the mage was your main, but you never got to finish a run with it because you already did it with an alt.

That's me. My paladin is missing the set but my shaman has that one.

I wouldn't sweat it honestly, don't let something a little as that ruin the chance at what could be your favorite class possibly.

To be honest if something is too common and overused, it loses most of its appeal.

The overused stuff includes CM sets of lock, druid and mage, invincible and poundfist mounts, purple judgement transmog, and whatever is the recent Blizz store "hot sale". I would not really use any of those.

I understand concerns like "I'd roll a human mage and not gnome because my transmog looks better on it", but there are so many transmog sets in the game you can always find something else. Also creating your own set instead of using a premade one always scores points for creativity, I tend to inspect people who have cool looking transmogs that are rare enough to not be recognized at first glance (unlike let's say priest t5 and t6 recolors that are very popular too) and I tend to think someone put more effort when they invent an original transmog than when they copy a popular fashion.

OCD is a pain in the ass to have, huh OP?
    ~RAWR!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Havik View Post
    OCD is a pain in the ass to have, huh OP?
    Tell me about it. Can't really play certain races because they got clipping all over them.

Not at all to me. That thought was the exact one that drove me to endure countless asspain 9/9 gold runs on one of every class except druid (and frankly I didn't do druid because I can't stand the class and I'd never get to see it anyway). What you're saying now is reaffirmation that that was the right course of action and it makes me glad I'll never experience it.

That being said, the 11 characters I have in full gold are the only characters I think I'd ever consider maining for that exact reason. Some of the CM sets - specifically the mage, DK, rogue and paladin sets - are easily some of my favorite the game has created for their respective classes and I would hate not having access to them.

I feel like they might make CM sets available in the future or something. Y'never know.

But that's REALLY silly to not play a Mage just because you can't get the CM set. Yeah, it's a nice set, but you could get Wrathful and be fairly close to it (hell, my main TMog is the CM hat+belt, and then I use either Ulduar T8.5 or the Wrathful set for the rest of the pieces).
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.