Page 10 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedelicious View Post
    *snip*
    I'm not wordup, but I'll answer this one for you.

If the fight lasts under 6 minutes, usually 5 minutes or so, you sit on your cooldowns so you can line them all up at the same time for the 2nd use. If the fight is longer, it becomes a bit more tricky to decide whether to sit on the cooldowns or use them immediately when they are ready. But generally in Highmaul, just sit on the cooldowns and pop them all at the same time.

On Butcher you use CD's twice, all of them at the same time.
    On Koragh you want to use all your CDs in the pull burst+ bloodlust, 2nd time you use them on 3rd vulnerability. After that the fight is over for you basically.
    On Margok you want to use CDs during start and for both intermissions (means you need to sit on them for some time during p2), then again in p3 and p4 bloodlust.

Ascendance CD is 3min15sec, not 3mins by the way.

Earth elemental doesn't do enough damage to use it as a dps ability. You should use its' damage reduction though if you are specced to PE.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Did anyone come up with a BRF bis-list yet? I couldn't find one so I made one myself. I'm not 100% sure about it though (didn't sim it yet / is it even worth keeping some highmaul mythic items?).

Head: Blast-Proof Cowl - The Blast Furnace
    Neck: Engineer's Grounded Gorget - The Blast Furnace
    Shoulders: Windspeaker's Mantle - Operator Thogar
    Cloak: Cloak of Delving Secrets - Kromog
    Chest: Windspeaker's Tunic - Flamebender Ka'graz
    Bracers: Bloodwhirl Bracers - The Iron Maidens
    Gloves: Windspeaker's Handwraps - The Iron Maidens
    Belt: Grenadier's Belt - Operator Thogar
    Legs: Windspeaker's Legwraps - The Balst Furnace
    Feet: Slagstomper Treads - The Blast Furnace
    Ring 1: Unexploded Explosive Shard - Oregorger
    Ring 2: Spellbound Solium Band of Fatal Strikes - Legendary Quest Chain
    Trinket 1: Meaty Dragonspine Trophy - Gruul
    Trinket 2: Beating Heart of the Mountain - Kromog
    Main Hand: Hans'gar's Forgehammer - Hans'gar and Franzok
    Off Hand: Hans'gar's Forgehammer - Hans'gar and Franzok
    Last edited by mmoc0681f3fd36; 2015-01-29 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IAmMarth View Post
    Did anyone come up with a BRF bis-list yet? I couldn't find one so I made one myself. I'm not 100% sure about it though (didn't sim it yet / is it even worth keeping some highmaul mythic items?).

Head: Blast-Proof Cowl - The Blast Furnace
    Neck: Engineer's Grounded Gorget - The Blast Furnace
    Shoulders: Windspeaker's Mantle - Operator Thogar
    Cloak: Cloak of Delving Secrets - Kromog
    Chest: Windspeaker's Tunic - Flamebender Ka'graz
    Bracers: Bloodwhirl Bracers - The Iron Maidens
    Gloves: Windspeaker's Handwraps - The Iron Maidens
    Belt: Grenadier's Belt - Operator Thogar
    Legs: Windspeaker's Legwraps - The Balst Furnace
    Feet: Slagstomper Treads - The Blast Furnace
    Ring 1: Unexploded Explosive Shard - Oregorger
    Ring 2: Spellbound Solium Band of Fatal Strikes - Legendary Quest Chain
    Trinket 1: Meaty Dragonspine Trophy - Gruul
    Trinket 2: Beating Heart of the Mountain - Kromog
    Main Hand: Hans'gar's Forgehammer - Hans'gar and Franzok
    Off Hand: Hans'gar's Forgehammer - Hans'gar and Franzok
    For pure single target my list had the other belt & bracers, & the head, leg and chest offpieces were all simming within 10-20 DPS of eachother depending on which pieces you had in. For AoE, the chest was definitely the offpiece of choice with the items you listed generally.

So I am currently in possession of three trinkets

H-Captive Micro-Abberation
    H-Scales of Doom w/ Socket
    Lucky Double Sided Coin (Not yet equipped, bought for 50k, most of my gold)

Will the DPS boost from the coin be noticeable, especially with BRF Trinkets right around the corner?

I'm intending on holding onto my Coin until I can bonus roll a Beating Heart, at which point I would have no use for two Use trinkets.

I'm still using Normal Scales (bonus rolls and drop rates can suck my entire ass). I'm assuming my upgrade path will look something like this.

Coin/N_Scales (current)
    Coin/N_Dragonspine
    Coin/H_Dragonspine
    N_Beating Heart/H_Dragonspine
    Stone of Fire/H_Dragonspine
    Stone of Fire/H_Beating Heart/H_Dragonspine depending on the fight
    Last edited by Tore; 2015-01-30 at 04:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Czecher View Post
    So I am currently in possession of three trinkets

H-Captive Micro-Abberation
    H-Scales of Doom w/ Socket
    Lucky Double Sided Coin (Not yet equipped, bought for 50k, most of my gold)

Will the DPS boost from the coin be noticeable, especially with BRF Trinkets right around the corner?
    Scales is without question an auto equip.
    Abberation vs. coin will be based on fight duration. If you're worried about pushing hard for progress, it will likely be a win for coin with optimal usage and fight times, but lose on some of the longer fights in BRF. I'd arguably wait until BRF since the Kromog trinket is extremely strong combined with Gruul's, if you did sink gold into the trinket & are less willing to part with it long term.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    I'm intending on holding onto my Coin until I can bonus roll a Beating Heart, at which point I would have no use for two Use trinkets.

I'm still using Normal Scales (bonus rolls and drop rates can suck my entire ass). I'm assuming my upgrade path will look something like this.

Coin/N_Scales (current)
    Coin/N_Dragonspine
    Coin/H_Dragonspine
    N_Beating Heart/H_Dragonspine
    Stone of Fire/H_Dragonspine
    Stone of Fire/H_Beating Heart/H_Dragonspine depending on the fight
    I have to say I'm quite disappointed with the alch trinkets being tied to the profession. It's even more surprising when some specific classes have it as their best post mythic. At least BRF has some really strong mythic trinkets for us to lessen the blow but it might end up forcing a profession change sadly.

Yeah. I've begun the process already. It's gonna be a hefty hit. 650 Alchemical Catalysts and 60 Savage Bloods, in addition to all the Sorcerous elements.
    Last edited by Tore; 2015-01-30 at 05:03 AM.

Deleted
    wordup,

can you please update the gear list for BRF.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    For pure single target my list had the other belt & bracers, & the head, leg and chest offpieces were all simming within 10-20 DPS of eachother depending on which pieces you had in. For AoE, the chest was definitely the offpiece of choice with the items you listed generally.
    Okey cool! I'll check those out.

On a completely different issue: I literally just rerolled to Enhancer. I just switched to Shaman when Warlords of Draenor got released and it's my very first time ever in 10 years of WoW that I get to play a melee class in a raid - and I enjoy it pretty much!

So, yesterday I did Mythic Butcher for the first time ever as a melee. After the encounter I noticed that my damage was quite low, so I checked out the logs afterwards: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=37 Turns out that a whooping 22,54 % of my melee hits missed!

Now I wonder: Why or how did that happen? I thought hit and experience mechanics have been removed from the game (again, I'm still pretty new to the melee role). I also made sure that I stay in the EXACT same position as the other people in my camp. But everybody of them only have 1-2% misses. Maybe I moved one step too much to the right, I don't know... I'm kinda confused right now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmMarth View Post
    So, yesterday I did Mythic Butcher for the first time ever as a melee. After the encounter I noticed that my damage was quite low, so I checked out the logs afterwards: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=37 Turns out that a whooping 22,54 % of my melee hits missed!
    Completely normal, our auto attacks have, what, 18%(17?) chance to miss.

Now I wonder: Why or how did that happen? I thought hit and experience mechanics have been removed from the game (again, I'm still pretty new to the melee role).
    Hit and expertise as secondary stats were removed and everyone was given the default hit cap for special attacks. This doesn't mean all your dual wield auto attacks will hit.

I also made sure that I stay in the EXACT same position as the other people in my camp. But everybody of them only have 1-2% misses. Maybe I moved one step too much to the right, I don't know... I'm kinda confused right now.
    Your moving has nothing to do with it. And your fury warriors had 20,6% and 16,9% miss, too. 2h users hit with all of their attacks, dual wielders miss with auto attacks, excluding combat rogues who have a passive thingy that gives them more hit for auto attacks.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Thanks for the quick heads up. I'm still kinda disappointed about my performance though. Maybe it's because my gear is still lackluster on some slots or maybe I need to pratice my 'rotation', trying to fit in more LB hardcasts here and there.

Deleted
    Hello the great shaman community of MMO-C!
    I have a small request of checking our enhancement shaman's performance on our raid: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ht=2&source=21
    We had him on Mythic Kargath (chain group), Twins & 8 wipes on Brackenspore after which I had to replace him due to his lack of performance.
    I know he's a good raider but he is just not performing aswell as someone with his gear should be.

So if you could give some performance enhancing tips about his playing and I'll make sure he reads them.
    Thanks!

-Ryuuzetsu-

@jesmam brakenspore to me is a bad fight for enhance. but not even sifting through logs, hes not using his orc racial. and should be using elemental mastery instead of swiftness imho. i Did take a quick look at your heroic butcher kill and he is using echo, that should also be EM. and still no orc racial. his opener might need some work as his burst with BL and a pot seems low, also no second potion on it.

He might have fixed some of this. or maybe was just trying to find something that worked. like i said i didn't dig to much into it. but thats just from the quick glances i took.

Deleted
    Alright, thanks Saaria for your quick look

Scales is without question an auto equip.
    Abberation vs. coin will be based on fight duration. If you're worried about pushing hard for progress, it will likely be a win for coin with optimal usage and fight times, but lose on some of the longer fights in BRF. I'd arguably wait until BRF since the Kromog trinket is extremely strong combined with Gruul's, if you did sink gold into the trinket & are less willing to part with it long term.

- - - Updated - - -

I have to say I'm quite disappointed with the alch trinkets being tied to the profession. It's even more surprising when some specific classes have it as their best post mythic. At least BRF has some really strong mythic trinkets for us to lessen the blow but it might end up forcing a profession change sadly.
    it doesn't take much to level up a new profession now, i dropped leatherworking yesterday and leveled up alchemy to 700 and i spent less than 500 gold.

Thankfully you don't even have to have a profession leveled up to get its higher end benefits anymore. My Alchemy is sitting at like level 20 and I'm just stocking up on mats for the trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    Thankfully you don't even have to have a profession leveled up to get its higher end benefits anymore. My Alchemy is sitting at like level 20 and I'm just stocking up on mats for the trinket.
    Looking at the last PTR push the trinket had its Mastery switched out for Versatility which has definitely hurt it. However the proc & the uptime is so strong I'd imagine it will still hold its own fairly comfortably against HC level trinkets.

Looking at the last PTR push the trinket had its Mastery switched out for Versatility which has definitely hurt it. However the proc & the uptime is so strong I'd imagine it will still hold its own fairly comfortably against HC level trinkets.
    Honestly my stat scales in single target are so close to each other that it probably won't make a lick of difference. If there's any moments of AoE burst it'll probably get swapped out for Beating Heart for the on-demand multistrike. I'll sim it again later tonight to see what kind of an impact its had.

EDIT: also, until Flurry gets fixed and we see where the new Echo stands on single target, the Use trinkets+EM synergy might become less valuable.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright so here's the thing. When I simmed out my previous trinket comparison, I didn't notice that SimC was pulling a Stone of Fire from non-PTR Wowhead that had only the proc effect, and no static stats. And even so it was topping my sims.

So whether it has Mastery or Versatility, it's still going to be even more powerful than I had previously thought, making it definitely a contender against Mythic trinkets.
    Last edited by Tore; 2015-01-30 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by naq View Post
    wordup,

can you please update the gear list for BRF.
    Sorry I haven't replied to this, I should have the list up by the end of the weekend along with the simcraft strings so you can do sims for individual items if needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jesmam View Post
    Hello the great shaman community of MMO-C!
    I have a small request of checking our enhancement shaman's performance on our raid: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ht=2&source=21
    We had him on Mythic Kargath (chain group), Twins & 8 wipes on Brackenspore after which I had to replace him due to his lack of performance.
    I know he's a good raider but he is just not performing aswell as someone with his gear should be.

So if you could give some performance enhancing tips about his playing and I'll make sure he reads them.
    Thanks!

-Ryuuzetsu-
    A brief scan over the Twin Ogron logs shows he's using Frost Shock far too much. Given your kill was 6:38, if I make a generous assumption his average Stormstrike cooldown is around 6 seconds (though it will generally be lower overall) he should have cast somewhere between 56 and 66 Stormstrike/Windstrikes give or take human error, GCDs and positioning, however he only cast 40+6 windstrikes, when it is such a high priority. Same goes for Lava Lash, he should have been casting between 40 and 45 (if we include procs from Flame Shock), yet he only cast 23.

I think it's definitely just an issue of ironing out reactions & knowing the priority list by heart, since Ogron is a relatively good fight for checking ability usage in a high movement, high mechanic fight (even though it's cleave).

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Ascendance CD is 3min15sec, not 3mins by the way.
    I read this, and was pretty sure it sounded weird, so I tested it real quick. Ascendance is a flat 3 minutes, it is NOT 3:15.

Popped ascendance and a 3 minute dbm timer at the same time. They ended at the same time. Popped Ascendance, then a 3 minute dbm timer as it expired. 15s left on DBM timer when Ascendance came up.