Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Salvage is putting items back in the game!

On the one hand the price of a Teebu has dropped to 10-15k. But on the other hand, now I won't feel bad using a couple of mine for transmog. Meanwhile all kinds of wacky things are showing up on the AH again!

Nimar's Tribal Headdress (5 in the AH now)
    Seafarer's Pantaloons (just 1 so far)

et cetera

Too bad you can't salvage recipes or old dungeon drops like Scarlet pieces. (Yet?)

Yeah, it's pretty cool. Greens were getting to be astronomical, and this comes from somebody who made a fortune off selling overpriced xmog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea im loving it. Learning to not just vendor greens again, making a fair amount off tmog items
    #JusticeForRucati
    PSN: Iskalla74, inv for Destiny if you need help

Stood in the Fire n7stormreaver's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    If only Blizzard could use salvage to finish some of the transmog sets like Warrior T8-25 or Paladin T12H where they're missing one piece which is nowhere to be found in-game.
    Space magic.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty cool. Greens were getting to be astronomical, and this comes from somebody who made a fortune off selling overpriced xmog.
    It will probably cost me some gold that I could have made (because the value of my inventory just went down), but on the other hand, I'm seeing models in my own salvage that I honestly can't remember the last time I've seen them, if at all.

I think I do wish recipes were dropping in salvage. Maybe they will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got tebuus yesterday from salvage yard .. kept - and transmogged it <3

Deleted
    Now let me salvage the old MC priest staff (bennedition) or the transmog and i would be a very happy panda .

Teebu's looks a little weird when xmog'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Peg Ee View Post
    On the one hand the price of a Teebu has dropped to 10-15k. But on the other hand, now I won't feel bad using a couple of mine for transmog. Meanwhile all kinds of wacky things are showing up on the AH again!

et cetera

Too bad you can't salvage recipes or old dungeon drops like Scarlet pieces. (Yet?)
    Green scarlet gear is definitely salvageable

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzakid2093 View Post
    Green scarlet gear is definitely salvageable
    So the BoE zone drops that only drop in instances are showing up in salvage? Hmmmmm.

With all the Teebus flying around I'm wondering why I'm not seeing Vanguard pants and the like yet.

Deleted
    Blizzard's way of destroying the transmog market in addition to professions.

"Yay, now nothing in this game is rare anymore and everyone can have everything"

Waiting on a garrison mission to get a corrupted ashbringer in a variety of flattering colours including passion pink.

& yes, i'm a mog trader, and yes i'm bitter for having the seafarer's pants prior to RNG free loot. Least I have my frozen runes..

So the BoE zone drops that only drop in instances are showing up in salvage? Hmmmmm.
    To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if somebody talked about the scarlet set in a meeting and decided to add it to the loot table. I can safely say that all instance drops aren't covered, and i'm glad this is the case. There are certain items that should just not be available on a random basis that are still out there to obtain. I doubt Blizzard even knows those items still exist following the addition of salvage crates. The inclusion of Teebu's is a prime example of this, in that they only add popular rare items, and pre-shattering rare mob drops.
    Last edited by mmoc3277a835d2; 2014-12-28 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolascius View Post

"Yay, now nothing in this game is rare anymore and everyone can have everything"

Waiting on a garrison mission to get a corrupted ashbringer in a variety of flattering colours including passion pink.

& yes, i'm a mog trader, and yes i'm bitter for having the seafarer's pants prior to RNG free loot. Least I have my frozen runes..
    Transmog that no one can afford and no one can farm and no one even wants to equip is not really much fun for anyone.

I got about 2.5mil in transmog listings plus whatever is in my guild vault, I'll survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolascius View Post

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if somebody talked about the scarlet set in a meeting and decided to add it to the loot table. I can safely say that all instance drops aren't covered, and i'm glad this is the case. There are certain items that should just not be available on a random basis that are still out there to obtain. I doubt Blizzard even knows those items still exist following the addition of salvage crates. The inclusion of Teebu's is a prime example of this, in that they only add popular rare items, and pre-shattering rare mob drops.
    This is completely asinine logic. "Transmog market ruined"? By a chance at some items that were unintentionally ridiculously rare, and a few greens that are literally no longer available in the game? How does it ruin market to put things back into the market?

These items aren't suddenly common, they're still ridiculously rare, but as an owner of countless transmog items no longer available (yay hoarding!) including the Blessed Armor of Undead Slaying and the ToC unique cloak models, I would be happy to see both introduced because it's really kind of a bad move to remove or make things impossibly difficult to obtain.

I started seeing more Teebu's on the market this past year. There are multiple sources of that item. I'm not sure what it was that players were doing more of this past year that was making more Blazing Longswords, but the item was only worth about 25-40k BEFORE WoD went live. Also for transmog purposes it's pretty similar to the (once upon a time) somewhat more common Blade of Wizardry.

I'm not on a realm where botting is a thing so it certainly wasn't that (although there was some dude who was grinding Glorious/Vanguard/etc with a macro in AQ before they finally nerfed that).

Now if Salvage Crates start popping out Gutrenders and Skeletal Longswords that will be kind of funny.
    Last edited by Peg Ee; 2014-12-28 at 08:51 AM.

I vendor all my salvaged sub-90 greens and DE all 90+ greens since I need the dust and for the rest I've no idea if this green is an x-mog item or not (how do you even tell ?) .. most of them just look like regular greens, not to mention i cba to check out the apperance of every single item

had a few blues drop, tried selling them - limited success, few went for ~100-200g, rest didn't sell

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    I vendor all my salvaged sub-90 greens and DE all 90+ greens since I need the dust and for the rest I've no idea if this green is an x-mog item or not (how do you even tell ?) .. most of them just look like regular greens, not to mention i cba to check out the apperance of every single item

had a few blues drop, tried selling them - limited success, few went for ~100-200g, rest didn't sell
    I've had 20k, maybe 50k worth of xmog gear drop from salvage on 2 characters in the past 2 weeks. That's not counting the obvious Lucky Double-Sided Coin that also dropped for me.

You might want to invest in something simple like the Undermine Journal addon (working again I think). Or not, just use the Wowhead Looter addon and be the 86th guy to disenchant Vanguard Legplates.

et cetera

Scarlet pieces? As in Scarlet Monastery? I got a pair of bracers the other day from that set in my Salvage crate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Scarlet pieces? As in Scarlet Monastery? I got a pair of bracers the other day from that set in my Salvage crate.
    Scarlet Bracers and other Scarlet BoEs have been out of the game since the Cataclysm pre-patch or since the MoP pre-patch, one or the other, but they are definitely (according to WoWhead) dropping from salvage crates.

I've had 20k, maybe 50k worth of xmog gear drop from salvage on 2 characters in the past 2 weeks. That's not counting the obvious Lucky Double-Sided Coin that also dropped for me.

You might want to invest in something simple like the Undermine Journal addon (working again I think). Or not, just use the Wowhead Looter addon and be the 86th guy to disenchant Vanguard Legplates.
    what does Undermine Journal addon do ?

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    what does Undermine Journal addon do ?
    http://bit.ly/1zpseCU

Mod Edit: Please only post if you have something constructive to add to the discussion.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2014-12-28 at 09:37 AM.