7+ Year Old Account

Challenge Mode Windwalker

Hey guys, so I'm thinking of changing my challenge mode class to windwalker. I'm currently playing a hunter, would this be a viable swap?

I've been looking over talents and abilities, and being 8/8 silver currently, I have a fairly good understanding of the dungeons. From what I've seen I would think to go...
    15: Celerity
    30: Chi Burst
    45: Ascension
    60: Leg Sweep
    75: Dependant on the dungeon
    90: Rushing Jade Wind
    100: Chi Explosion

Since trash pulls are generally quite large to obtain gold ratings, it would be viable to use Storm, Earth and Fire for 2 extra targets, Rising Sun Kick, Tiger Palm, and keeping 100% Rushing Jade Wind uptime, since this would provide a lot of AoE dps.

Edit: Forgot about Tigereye Brew on top, also.

check out my hunter weak auras, click here

Seems like that should work for big aoe pulls. Probably not that great for ST though....

Fist of Fury stuns so tanks/heals would probably enjoy you using that often.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just in dungeons, I actually use Fist Of Fury in my rotation, but I'll hold out if I know there's something I can interrupt.

As for the single target, since all I do on my monk is Windwalker, I could always just setup my off spec to Windwalker also, but spec everything into ST.

Deleted
    Just use Chi Brew instead of Ascension for more control over ur burst/aoe.

You most likely won't have the haste for RJW and ChiEX both. Consider dropping one or the other.

Depending on the size of the grp of mobs you are killing, ChiEX can do as much or more dmg as well. In general, if the packs are 3-4 mobs, ChiEX will do more dmg. Also, depending on the length of the pull, SCK can out damage RJW. RJW is really good for longer fights against more than 5 or so mobs, but otherwise you can do more with ChiEX and/or SCK.

That being said, some people get really good result with RJW + Serenity, and having Serenity up for boss fights adds a lot of ST dps that you would lack with ChiEX.

So, I would maybe change up the talents based on which dungeon you are running, or do as you said and have both of your specs WW but with different talents and switch at bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by vampiricx View Post
    Just in dungeons, I actually use Fist Of Fury in my rotation, but I'll hold out if I know there's something I can interrupt.

As for the single target, since all I do on my monk is Windwalker, I could always just setup my off spec to Windwalker also, but spec everything into ST.
    If you can dual spec WW that would work really well. Trying to swap glyphs/talents all the time takes a long time... even worse if something is on cooldown.

Forget about RJW at 630 item level,

Proper usage of SEF, locking down each pack with leg sweep -> FoF(Hold it a few seconds for interrupting if you need to) is all you really need to do as WW. You can also use paralysis mid-fight to interrupt stuff if you've got nothing left.

Deleted
    RJW works fine, even at 630 ilvl. It's not like you need to have a minute long uptime on that, most trashpacks die within 15-20 seconds max. Personally my trash dps massively increased and I was still able to use ChiExplosion. Dual speccing 2 windwalker specs is most likely a bad idea since respeccing will clear whatever stacks of TEB you currently have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhedinn View Post
    If you can dual spec WW that would work really well. Trying to swap glyphs/talents all the time takes a long time... even worse if something is on cooldown.
    Can't switch talents or glyphs in CM's.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zeeAbe View Post
    Can't switch talents or glyphs in CM's.
    Since when? Did it all through MoP? Haven't tested now as I had no need but don't remember seeing any info about that?

Quote Originally Posted by mag07 View Post
    Since when? Did it all through MoP? Haven't tested now as I had no need but don't remember seeing any info about that?
    Since wod. You can, however, respecc.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, WoD Challenge Modes don't you allow you to change any talents or glyphs once you're in the door, but changing spec is completely fine. Hence why I thought to have a ST spec, and an AoE spec.

Ignoring RJW for Xuen would allow a mix between single target and AoE when paired with Ascension and Chi Explosion, that's why I usually run that build. You should be able to do more dps with 4chi Chi Explosion built up with Jab rather than using RJW or SCK.

I would recommend Tiger's Lust over Celerity because it can clear snares/roots for you or a party member.
    Atrael@Turalyon Formerly- Pride/Elv@Azuremyst, Ysera, and Turalyon.