Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    then Rake + Swipe would be a miniscule gain at best.
    Its not cool, rake aoe is somewhat like affliction multidoting in MoP. So... Making rake suck at aoe(long living enough targets) gonna suck.

- - - Updated - - -

Added:
    Also i checked your armory(heroic), koragh adds should be aoed by better suited classes (warriors with spin2win and ranged suite well). Even more - these adds dont require rake multidot.
    Last edited by mmokri; 2015-01-02 at 09:08 PM.

Ferals vs. everyone else in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    Ferals vs. everyone else in pvp.
    There must be photo with feral pissing on fatass crooked hands .

it would be glorious if thrash could make combo points and/or buffed swipe more.

Quote Originally Posted by mmokri View Post
    Its not cool, rake aoe is somewhat like affliction multidoting in MoP. So... Making rake suck at aoe(long living enough targets) gonna suck.
    No Affliction multi-dotting does not suffer from the 2 huge issues with Rake multi-dotting. Affliction does not have to worry about range or facing.

Those aren't effectiveness issues, that's a QoL issue. If you're not willing to DoT multiple targets from melee range I'm not sure why you're playing a feral druid.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

It's both an effectiveness and a QoL issue. There is no way you can multi-dot as quickly as a class that doesn't have to worry about those 2 things. I've been playing Feral far longer than multi-dotting Rake was a thing.

You have 1 second to select a target and move to it before needing to apply a new Rake, if you can't do that 95% as efficiently as a ranged DPS can then you need more practice or better UI facilitation.

Quote Originally Posted by mmokri View Post
    Armory please? I want to see competitors.
    You don't *want* to go up in the stands. This is not a bad thing. Then again I can still beat my fellow dps druid (boomkin) on that fight even when they go up in the stands.

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    You have 1 second to select a target and move to it before needing to apply a new Rake, if you can't do that 95% as efficiently as a ranged DPS can then you need more practice or better UI facilitation.
    I do have some problems with the new tab targeting. I used to be able to consistently tab target the next in line, but anymore there seems to be no rhyme or reason to what tab target does.

This would affect ranged dotters as well, but is there a workaround for this problem other than me just getting faster?

Quote Originally Posted by drockrock View Post
    I do have some problems with the new tab targeting. I used to be able to consistently tab target the next in line, but anymore there seems to be no rhyme or reason to what tab target does.

This would affect ranged dotters as well, but is there a workaround for this problem other than me just getting faster?
    No workaround for tab as far as I know, it's been fucked since 6.0 came out. Its unfortunate but your best bet is to just get used to clicking on nameplates as best you can.

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    No workaround for tab as far as I know, it's been fucked since 6.0 came out. Its unfortunate but your best bet is to just get used to clicking on nameplates as best you can.
    Yeah Tab target sux but I really hate clicking Nameplates for some reason. I use the scroll wheel instead of Tab and I find it easier to just scroll until I get to a target that doesn't have Rake up.

I do agree with some of the posters who feel that Thrash should reward a CP though.

Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    No Affliction multi-dotting does not suffer from the 2 huge issues with Rake multi-dotting. Affliction does not have to worry about range or facing.
    Range or facing isn't a big problem. What makes rake aoe a pain and the most retard mechanism in the game is energy/snapshooting/other buffs and bleeds.

Affliction multidot is: tab -> press dot button -> watch the timer

Feral rake aoe is: tab -> wait for energy -> check savage uptime -> refresh if needed -> wait for energy -> check thrash uptime -> refresh if needed -> wait for energy -> check rip uptime on main target -> refresh if needed -> use healing touch -> rake finally -> wait for energy -> watch the timer... oh, no need, everything expired by now on the other 3 targets...
    Last edited by Vilendor; 2015-01-05 at 04:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are talking dps, then while I won't make comparisons against owls, when I switch into secondary (Feral) spec from Guardian, I still wear a couple pieces from my tank set with stam gems and in LFR I can outdps my own guilds' pure DPS classes.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

Quote Originally Posted by Fierae View Post
    If you are talking dps, then while I won't make comparisons against owls, when I switch into secondary (Feral) spec from Guardian, I still wear a couple pieces from my tank set with stam gems and in LFR I can outdps my own guilds' pure DPS classes.
    blizz finally implemented 40-range tax it seems

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Range or facing isn't a big problem. What makes rake aoe a pain and the most retard mechanism in the game is energy/snapshooting/other buffs and bleeds.

Affliction multidot is: tab -> press dot button -> watch the timer

Feral rake aoe is: tab -> wait for energy -> check savage uptime -> refresh if needed -> wait for energy -> check thrash uptime -> refresh if needed -> wait for energy -> check rip uptime on main target -> refresh if needed -> use healing touch -> rake finally -> wait for energy -> watch the timer... oh, no need, everything expired by now on the other 3 targets...
    You make it sound a lot worse than it is or at least worse than I find it. I agree that I preferred Thrash/Swipe as our Energy expenders for AoE just because it meant less target swapping which can be annoying with large packs but Tab/Rake isn't that bad.

Maybe Thrash could refresh Rake?

Something that I suggested back in beta is that Swipe hits would cause targets afflicted by Rake to "duplicate" onto a nearby enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by FeralSynapse View Post
    You don't *want* to go up in the stands. This is not a bad thing. Then again I can still beat my fellow dps druid (boomkin) on that fight even when they go up in the stands.
    That doesnt mean youre really good, it means your Boomkin is really bad. Booms can Starfall all the adds up top and get crazy DPS. They are the top DPS class on that encounter because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    That doesnt mean youre really good, it means your Boomkin is really bad. Booms can Starfall all the adds up top and get crazy DPS. They are the top DPS class on that encounter because of it.
    Yes, which I understand. My parses are almost always in the top 93-95% of my class so I'd say I'm at least adequate at playing my spec. What I am saying is there is no reason to sit a Feral, regardless of the encounter, or how strong Boomkin seems to be. If the two DPS specs of druid start to have a very wide range of each other, they'll buff the lesser spec to compensate. Boomkin is good on AOE but they should never beat an equally geared Feral on single/dual target.

Quote Originally Posted by FeralSynapse View Post
    What I am saying is there is no reason to sit a Feral, regardless of the encounter, or how strong Boomkin seems to be. If the two DPS specs of druid start to have a very wide range of each other, they'll buff the lesser spec to compensate. Boomkin is good on AOE but they should never beat an equally geared Feral on single/dual target.
    Feral is good for Twins and Butcher. Even on Twins classes are doing better or just as well as Feral. The other fights we struggle to keep up, Bizz really needs to address our problems.