Funny Ad Choices.

I think we all get those adds on mmo-c, YouTube or what ever and wonder ..where the hell did that come from???

I keep getting adds for hair weaves and treatments for balding heads...I have never looked up either and I would not need to.

My favorite is a dating site to meet Muslim girls....I am a Swedish gay man that has never been to a dating site in my life....WTF!?!?

Anyone got the slightest clue as to why this happens and of course....

What adds do you get that makes you go ...WHAT THE...??

Deleted
    I got funeral or coffin ads once after watching some nieche documentarys about the second world war xD

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    I hereby would like to nominate this person for the tool award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Only if we get a pet for the disaster that was your parents deciding to breed.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are ads? I've never seen those before.

15+ Year Old Account
    there are no ads anywhere
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get any ads, thanks AdBlock Plus. I'll consider removing it when the ads become less obnoxious. You know, for the ad revenue for the sites that you like.

Yes super smart people of the internet...we all know that there are pop up blockers etc. I don't bother to remove adds that are not pop up, I also find that much of the blockers that do mess with YouTube.

...and that wasn't really the point of the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh, on my phone I occasionally get that muslim women dating site too :-P
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Heh, on my phone I occasionally get that muslim women dating site too :-P
    It is everywhere for me...They are hellbent on getting me to move to Jordan and find a nice girl.....

Deleted
    99% of the ads are see are WoW ads, usually on here or wowhead or other wow-specific sites

that being said, i have an ad on this very page right now for "renaissance hotels" so who knows

Dynamic IP addresses.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Dynamic IP addresses.
    get the weirdest ads
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Dynamic IP addresses.
    Ad servers (especially google's) track you with a lot more than just your IP address.

Deleted
    Dynamic IP addresses.
    They dont track you by IP most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    They dont track you by IP most of the time.
    They certainly track by IP. I should have elaborated I suppose;

Dynamic IP addresses combined with cookie invalidation after IP changes will likely result in targeted ads relying solely on the IP until a new profile can be established.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Dynamic IP addresses combined with cookie invalidation after IP changes will likely result in targeted ads relying solely on the IP until a new profile can be established.
    ^^, swap IP to that of a different country and suddenly start getting ads from that country. No, that is not all they use but location is definitely part of it.

I usually disable pop up blockers for sites that I use often, but the mmo-c ads were impeding on my ability to use the site effectively, so I had to enable it.

It's been year since I've seen ads.

Deleted

While it is possible to associate cookies with an IP, that's not the default behavior and ad servers don't do it; nor do most "keep me logged in" cookies, as a somewhat related example.

They will also, however, associate your ad assignments to your google account, so if you're ever logged into youtube, gmail etc. then changing IP or clearing cookies (assuming you log back in after clearing) won't change anything.