Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Is there no way to farm gold now in WoD?

I feel like I am at a loss. I used all my profession cooldowns early on to give gear to my main and to my second alt and now things are quite cheap for trying to sell profession items. Ore and Herbs used to be something I farmed to make gold by prospecting but now thats gone and the ore doesnt even sell well. Is there anything other people are doing to make gold in the game right now?

The only thing I can think of is level 3 barn or farming primal spirits but both seem terribly slow, especially with the fall of savage blood prices on my server (1k each right now).

Deleted
    Steelforged Essence etc. still going good.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrq View Post
    Steelforged Essence etc. still going good.
    maybe true but you need a lvl 3 barn to make that viable buying the blood wont make you much return tho

Farm pets ...farm leveling mats ...but I mean yeah if you have 11 garrisons you can make 1000's of gold a day right ? I can get about at least 3-400 gold from follower missions plus various other things from each Garrison and if I level all my toons to 100 I will have 11 x 400g ( minimum ) per day with ZERO effort outside of farming garrison .
    Last edited by Elite Peon; 2014-12-28 at 04:25 PM.

What is your money making setup for 11 garrisons?

And I'm not sure how well essences sell, I just make selling offers for them in trade chat at like 20k a pop, just to test the market. And I get no response.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    if you have 11 garrisons you can make 1000's of gold a day so ..lol
    explain how that works i have 6 and i cant figure out how to get 1000's per day

Run every 25 man heroic version of Wrath and Cata Raids each week and vendor everything. I make at least 5k each week, and I usually only get a few done.

Otherwise, the same opportunities exist as they always have.
    Sell herbs. They are very important for any raiding guild.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

wish i could aford to sell my nagrand arrowbloom i go through trucks of it weekly as a ret main progressing in hc.

Agree.

Garrison is a gold sink to me.
    I only sub for 1 month. The cost to level 3 alone is 5000 gold.

If you have enchanting level 700, you can get a crystal per day. A quick 500 gold.
    All other prof doesn't make that much.

yea man, run the old shit - everyone wins. You make tons of gold, Blizz feels like you have something to do. It's win/win. Also, you can buy bloods for 50 primals - it's a bit much but still "free". Everytime i put a stack of 200 whatever on ah it sells over night. Albeit, I put it up cheap - but it always sells.

Deleted
    Making money selling TCG pets myself, buying cheap selling 2x as much, its a long term deal really. other than that Enchanting is the only thing i found so far not to be too limited. I.e good gems can only be made a couple times a week with JC. with enchanting you can buy all mats, finding good deals to sell enchants seems to be good, not too much profit but doesnt get restricted on a dailie basis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazkek View Post
    I feel like I am at a loss. I used all my profession cooldowns early on to give gear to my main and to my second alt
    This is the problem. You sacrificed gold making for gearing. Now the market is flooded and its your own fault. Now it's about a volume game as there are more sellers who will likely undercut. Use external tools to identify markets with low volume and diversify into them.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Old content seems to be a good approach.
    Temporal crystals fetch about 400 gold each
    Savage bloods, as stated above.

Been making 1-2k per day just selling enchanting mats from work orders and daily CDs. Could easily make more, especially considering the fact that I have five other alts hanging out in the garrison, but I'm too lazy.

Savage blood "gated" all craft prof.
    This is why these craft prof do not make too much gold.

Garrison mine/garden killed the gather prof.

Farm pets ...farm leveling mats ...but I mean yeah if you have 11 garrisons you can make 1000's of gold a day right ? I can get about at least 3-400 gold from follower missions plus various other things from each Garrison and if I level all my toons to 100 I will have 11 x 400g ( minimum ) per day with ZERO effort outside of farming garrison .
    Leveling mats are pointless now since you can skip right to WoD level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Yeah and you are constantly switching alts to do missions. Also I have 4 level 3 garrisons and a few level 2 garrisons, it takes me about an hour and a half each morning to loot all my mines,herbs, and do missions/work orders.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

10+ Year Old Account
    I wished for both gearing and gold earning purposes that crafted items weren't limited 3 per character.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I wished for both gearing and gold earning purposes that crafted items weren't limited 3 per character.
    Then the gear wouldn't be as good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    explain how that works i have 6 and i cant figure out how to get 1000's per day
    Missions+Salvage yard, it really adds up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.