Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I will not call "login 11 alt, do missions, work orders, mines and herbs", ZERO effort.

Missions
    Salvage
    Herb\Mine Garden
    Profession buildings
    Supplies for mats - AH (draenic dusts at nearly 2k a 200 stack? and u can get 5 for 20 supplies... easy gold).

Yea, i've made half a million gold this expansion so far from the above things.

The most efficient way to get gold in WoD is soloing old raids, lots of gold in vendoring loot, auctioning cool-looking BoEs and battle pets, it's pretty pathetic that the best way to make gold is by ignoring WoD content, but there you go...

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    explain how that works i have 6 and i cant figure out how to get 1000's per day
    have a level 3 salvage yard a level 3 inn for the treasure missions i currently have 9 max level garrisons simply do lots of missions get as many followers as you possibly can with the epic mount trait as it stacks so a 10 hour mission can be reduced to 1hr 25 mission which allows you to get many more missions in a shorter period of time that means more salvage crates which you can vendor the loot out of

10+ Year Old Account
    Enchanting mats still go good. If you have a blacksmith or jewelcrafter, you can turn excess ore into enchanting mats, although at a significantly less efficient rate then past expansions (it takes 30 of an ore to make ~12 dust)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Sell challenge mode boosts.

You'd be surprised how many people will pay just for silvers (title and mount)

Not tried boosting golds yet. Don't think it's "that" possible with my groups set up (disc priest, monk tank, destro lock and ret palla)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    I will not call "login 11 alt, do missions, work orders, mines and herbs", ZERO effort.
    That's why the rest of the sentence is important. You know, the part after "zero effort" that says "outside of farming garrison"...

I have never really had more then 5k saved prior to this expansion. I am up to 100k now. All my characters have fully upgrade garrisons also. It is mostly from having 2 enchanters and 4 enchanting stations total between my 5 characters.

I also have a blacksmith and 2 tailors. Each can make an epic item each week which sells for around 6k.

Making money is easier then ever with the right professions. Just spend 5 minutes each day collecting stuff from work orders and placing new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Run every 25 man heroic version of Wrath and Cata Raids each week and vendor everything.
    actually have 2 questions about this :

1) only Wrath and Cata ? no TBC or Classic ?

2) will 25-Heroic give more gold/drop/vendor gold then 25-Normal or 10-Heroic ? a lot more ?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    - level alts to 100
    - Lunarfall Inn for scavengers and extra gold missions
    - TP to dump GR
    - Salvage Yard
    - Barn
    - Jewelcrafting Hub

collecting:

- 300-1000g/day per alt
    - 2-300g from the JC daily
    - 200g/day from salvage trash/geen vendoring

this is 700-1500g for every alt only from gold, then you have Savage Bloods, random fat loots from salvage and GR in excess to dump at the TP

it's not the most efficent way to farm golds but should net few K a day for little effort. I'm doing this on 2 chars since WoD hit and i'm at +750k (-200k actually, but i spent almost 1M in TCG mounts :P )

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    I'm with ya on the Garrison being a money sink... I had 25k at the start of WoD. I have done every storyline quest (Gotten all of the zone achievements) and now I am down to 16k. All of it is in the Garrison... and now I am at the point where I want to change my buildings and add a Salvage Yard...
    It's an investment, not a gold sink, big difference.

Yes if you don't have a salvage yard you are losing out on one of the most profitable buildings. Transmog greens from crates can sell for thousands and even tens of thousand if you get the right ones. You also get crafting materials (ore/herbs are dirt cheap but draenic dusts are 8-9g per), bop blues that DE into 5-8 dust, greys that vendor for a decent amount, and a chance at BoE 665s. It's basically a money factory.

That's just the salvage yard. Combine that with enchanters hut for temporals and inscription hut for DMC trinkets, and you can easily make back your initial investment in the garrison within a week or two.

Accumulating gold has never been easier for casuals and people who hate playing the AH (me).

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Leveling mats are pointless now since you can skip right to WoD level.
    Not at all, for some professions-- you can immediately bump your cap to 700 and start making things with WoD mats, but depending on the profession this can be a really big waste of money. I picked up tailoring on one of my alts, and without question I'm farming the cloth from old content or buying it over paying 4g a piece for sumptuous fur.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can buy it from other players for cash money. No wonder they had to kill off all the best money making profession items. I'm sure some people are making a ton of gold in wod, but my income has plummeted because they killed off Jc shufflling.

Apart from Garrison that I can't bother with except missions I solo a set of old raids every week. To bear with it after years of already doing it I listen to radio, pods and shit. The 8 raids I run net me about 8-10k gold for one character, it's the cata raids that boost the average.

I do have 4 lvl 100s but only bother to run it on 2 in case I seriously burn myself out. Most raids below cata take 15-30 minutes in a fast clear and give a minimum of 500g, that's decent. SWP used to be big on gold because recipes there used to be incredibly rare and sold for thousands, JC recipes even more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    yea man, run the old shit - everyone wins. You make tons of gold, Blizz feels like you have something to do. It's win/win. Also, you can buy bloods for 50 primals - it's a bit much but still "free". Everytime i put a stack of 200 whatever on ah it sells over night. Albeit, I put it up cheap - but it always sells.
    Yeah, this. The difference in this expansion is that you can do better if you set up multiple smaller revenue streams instead of trying to rely on one or two things that give you thousands of gold. In a sense you use the AH to grind gold. It's more of a grind but the upside is that I haven't needed to spend much once my garrison was set up. I have yet to not sell anything in the way of mats that I got out of the garrison. Old raids and dungeons are good too.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazkek View Post
    Is there anything other people are doing to make gold in the game right now?
    BoEs from Salvage Yard's still doing me well.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

just make sure you do cd's and make your special items and sell them.

If you have a tailor go back and do your farm in mop for spirits and make 28 slot bags they still sell for a good profit.

If you have engineer do jards cd daily and sell the mount.

this isn't fast income but it's steady.

probably made over 1 mil gold in the last year

Ive got 5 toons rolling full missions and salvage yard. Maybe ive been very lucky, but ive gotten 4 BoE trinkets out of it, in total its gotten me easily over 200k from very little effort.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't been very fortunate with BoE's this expansion. I have three level 3 garrisons with level 3 salvage yards and the best I have received from the crates are WoD leveling blues (that aren't selling on my realm).

The costs of establishing the garrisons has also left me gold neutral. I might have a couple of Darkmoon decks by the time the faire comes around again but the price of those is dropping rapidly on my realm (the strength one is about 11K now).

Lately I have been doing what other people have been suggesting and running Cata raids. A full clear of Firelands 25 generates a nice chunk of gold with all the vendoring.

are there any specific 25H Wrath/Cata raids to run for maximum goldage ? or just any of them ?

and which give more - Wrath raids or Cata raids ?

and something else - is it possible for someone who isn't an engineer or hasn't got a vendor mount to get something with which they can vendor their items mid raid ? since those drops take up a lot of space ..

thanks
    Last edited by Life-Binder; 2014-12-28 at 11:42 PM.