Looking for a similar TV Show like Castle.

So im looking for something like Castle, some detective work, while there being jokes along the way.
    Im already downloading True Detective, i heard it's good.

Any similar suggestions?
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

Deleted
    Sherlock is quite an obvious one and Psych is very good. I'll add if I think of any more

The Mentalist is a good TV show. It's about a man using his people reading and manipulation skills to solve crimes, together with agents in California. He's doing it mainly to in the end catch (and kill) the murderer of his wife and daughter. It has some pretty funny stuff in it.

True Detective is very good but its nothing like Castle ....

First show that poped into mind would be White collar

Edit : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1358522/

I'll back up the mentalist suggestion its one of my favs each week and now on its final season.

Already watched Sherlock, its toooooo damn good, 1 more year for the 4th season :/

Will check out the Mentalist and White collar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

Mentalist is indeed probably the closest, very similar humour and style

A Touch Of Cloth is worth a look if you want something a bit sillier

Whitechapel has a bit of humour and started gradually moving more towards comedy as time progressed

Life On Mars (UK version)/Ashes to Ashes are fish-out-of-water detective shows with some comedy that are similar in some ways to the Castle style of humour but the plot is divided between the time travel mystery as well as the police cases (both shows feature a member of the police force finding themselves stuck in the past and unsure if they're dreaming, crazy, in a coma, a time traveller or what)

Deleted
    I really enjoyed Touch of Cloth. It's essentially a parody of detective shows and is definitely something you should check out

Deleted
    The Mentalist is really good. It's extremely funny because what the main character does is really possible, only if you got da skillz to do so though. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    The Mentalist
    Psych
    Elementary
    Crossing Lines (less comedy)

Deleted
    Psych, Mentalist, Life, Burn Notice - this one is not exactly detective series (it's about CIA agents) but it has fun and most importantly - it has Bruce Campbell.

Deleted
    True Detective is a detective show but thats where the similarities with Castle end. Its tone is more serious and deals with heavier themes imo, but its definitely a must watch if you like the genre!

If you liked Sherlock you could give Elementary a try, I think both shows have different strengths and weaknesses when put against each other.

Deleted
    Brooklyn Nine-Nine is apparently very good, but I haven't watched much of it myself.

Deleted
    Monk, maybe?

A new series is called Forever - about a fellow who can't die. I would say it's in between Castle and Mentalist. So far I'm really enjoying it.

Just get Psych and enjoy the hilarity.

I mean any procedural on USA will work as many have said, stuff like Psych, White, Collar, Burn Notice (All of these are amazing and I highly recommend them) and Monk. Elementary on CBS should work, Mentalist would definitely be in the same vein. Hawaii 5-0 the newest series and bones should also work. Numb3rs should also be fine, using math as the tool for crime solving. NCIS and CSI might not be light enough for you.

Here is a handy list to look through: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Procedural_drama

Quote Originally Posted by Ktperry View Post
    So im looking for something like Castle, some detective work, while there being jokes along the way.
    Im already downloading True Detective, i heard it's good.

Any similar suggestions?
    Thanks.
    Like others have said, True Detective has about as much in common with Castle as a minor fender bender has with a class 5 tornado.

Also like others have said, The Mentalist, White Collar, Psych, and Monk may be what you're looking for.

Deleted
    Brooklyn Nine Nine, first season just went on Netflix, great show.