Thread: Windwalker PvP

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Windwalker PvP

What am I doing wrong with my windwalker in pvp? I die the second Karma is finished. I do some decent damage, but usually die before I can even put a dent in the enemy. I'm just immensely frustrated I guess, but it seriously seems that WW monks are super squishy to the point that their damage is useless. If any good WW's have tips I would appreciate any help you can throw at me!

10+ Year Old Account
    ToK was absolutely nerfed to the ground for PvP for concerns that its a 200k dot every 1.5 mins... but it did make us much squishier. We aren't very bursty, we lost our healing balls, and frankly, surging mist is laughable compared to the self-healing that feral or ret can do.

I honestly go in with a healer/dps comp for this reason - and I know most people are just flat-out going Brewmaster for the survivability alone.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm lucky if I get a 25k crit heal, otherwise it heals about 12k at most. Our self heals are a joke and a waste of time in most situations if I am even able to escape before I die.

Windwalker is widely considered one of the worst PVP specs in the game right now, and it's certainly worse than any other melee specs. There isn't a lot of upside to playing WW as opposed to a Ret who brings more utility, a DK who brings more damage, or a feral who's off-healing is miles better. If you want to be a good WW, you really got to put in the work, it's an uphill struggle.

Deleted
    Having the same problems, so WW is just not good anymore arena wise? Shame

Join the club of classes/specs that are trash for pvp.

No dks, rets, ferals, rogues and hunters allowed.

There is no reason to play Windwalker over Brewmaster as of now. You'd only gain small bit of damage at the cost of highly increased survivability and support in a form of Guard.

As a proud WW enthusiast, I find it really sad and awkward that I'm forced to play a tank spec due to getting nerfed every other week for PvE reasons (although deserved) while not getting any needed compensation for survivability.
    Last edited by Divinism; 2014-12-30 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinism View Post
    There is no reason to play Windwalker over Brewmaster as of now. You'd only gain small bit of damage at the cost of highly increased survivability and support in a form of Guard.

As a proud WW enthusiast, I find it really sad and awkward that I'm forced to play a tank spec due to getting nerfed every other week for PvE reasons (although deserved) while not getting any needed compensation for survivability.
    I wouldn't start enjoying brm pvp. We know what Blizzard thinks about tank specs in pvp...unless they're blood dks, then it's fine.

Deleted
    Do what I did. Unsub until they fix our class.

When my monk who I exclusively played since MoP launch gets absolutely rekt by a 2 week old feral it's time to give blizz the finger.

Deleted
    I guesse the only reasonable thing left to do is to play a hunter and let the cat walk on keyboard bring much glory