Poll: How much do you spend on games each year?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question How Much do you Spend on Games Each Year?

How much do you spend on games each year?

Personally, about $200. Pretty much two-thirds of that goes to WoW subs and expansions, and the rest goes to buying last year's high quality games for $5-$20 a piece because this year's great titles are $60, and I don't value even most modern day high quality games at $60 (Skyrim for $59.99 when it came out? Really? Yeah, it's totally great; but IMAO it's not a game worth more than $30 at launch, if that).

2x WoW subscriptions and any store items that comes out. Buying a Wii U so reckon I will soon be spending much more each year on games. Especially since I'mma have to buy the games from the Wii that I lost.

Depends honestly.

Like just last month I spent $220 on one game alone. Well, one title, I bought 2 CE's and one normal copy, because 2 were gifts, and one CE was for me.

For myself though? Probably around $300-$400. I should probably start cutting back.

Deleted
    Probably about 100 - 200. Too much seeing as how I don't really play most of them for an amount of time that would be worth their price.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    $180 a year unless I have to buy an expansion. I haven't bought a game since FFXIV came out.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rough estimate would be about $1500 a year, not counting consoles or PC parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Rough estimate would be about $1500 a year, not counting consoles or PC parts.
    I'll pray for your wife; when she see those bills...

Usually maybe $300, although this year has been a bit more expensive, though(had 2 WoW subs running for a bit to do RAF, and did a lot of server transfers for various reasons). I hardly buy any games anymore, so it's really just my WoW sub and occasionally a bit on LoL/Hearthstone.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    ~$650 two wow subs going, mine and my wife + 2 xpacks, occasional store mounts/pets for both of us, then we buy 2-3 xbox games a year.
    edit: of course this year we spent an additional ~$500 rebuilding my wife's computer, so...

10+ Year Old Account
    15 a month for WoW plus half and expansion cost per year plus the odd game here and there. Id say 200-300 a year. Recently with Hearthstone its been closer to 150.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Considering other people spend $1500 in one week by going on vacation, I see no issues using that amount of money per year on my primary source of entertainment.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Considering other people spend $1500 in one week by going on vacation, I see no issues using that amount of money per year on my primary source of entertainment.
    i like this guys thinking.

for me, i would say around probably 400-500-ish this year. just games.

most of it being recent in the last month. got destiny and DAI before christmass. just dropped around 100 @ gamestop for the buy2 get 1 free sale post xmas sale. (magically turned into buy 4 get 2 free for me lol) just spent another 30 on the PSN flashsale. the only games i have paid full price for this year at release was Destiny and DAI. both definitely worth the full 60$.
    Last edited by DiscoGhost; 2014-12-30 at 02:14 AM.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    I'm in the same range give or take on if a new console is released, or I upgrade a PC part(s).

If my wife had an issue with my hobby I would quickly bring up the fact that it's cheaper then hers, and for that matter cheaper then most peoples.

Most people don't realize all the garbage they spend on crap like going to the movies, clothes, eating out, going to sporting events/concerts etc until you actually add it all up for the year.

A lot x5. If I had to guess a figure for a yearly amount Id say about 2-3k.

not counting mmos subs like $150 to $200 a year eso sub 15 a month so with sub it's $380 at most a year

As a rough guess id say $1200 including subs. Games are a little more expensive here and I have little patience to wait for sales on games I really want.

10+ Year Old Account
    About $1000. I buy games on steam sales, I got 3 WoW accounts running and I sometimes buy apps and stuff like race changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Around 530$ this year alone, and 300$ of that went over to WarFrame

I've also spent another 425$ for my PS4

Deleted
    About 70 euro (85$) this year. Except for one game, all of it was during Steam sales. I was tempted to spend more, but I still didn't even install, let alone play through all of the games I bought the year before, so it was the right choice.

Damn you, 2014:

- bought a PS4 + some games
    - bought a Wii U
    - subscribed to WoW
    - subscribed to SWTOR
    - bunch of steam sales for PC

I'm in the 500$ to 1000$ range this year. When only counting PC without subscription games its probably around 50 to 100 as I buy steam sales most of the time.
    Teamwork is essential - it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at!