Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmomaths View Post
    So this finally came out for android and i gave it a go.

Unless you pay real money to buy better decks, you can't win matches.

Gotcha.

Uninstalled.

Did i just about do the right thing here?

Bit of a shame really, as the actual gameplay is very good, but well, yeah, what's the point in playing?
    Amaz, one of the better players in the world with an amazing deck just got beat at rank 25 by a player with a basic deck.

And no, it's not P2W. I've never dropped a single dime on this game, and I consistently do well. It's all a matter of patience, which if you lack, then this isn't the game for you.

Hit rank 12 or something the other night, purely doing dailies with really no other play, never bought a pack.

Just crafted Dr Boom from all my dust too. Can't beat em, join em amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, I'm getting about dead sick and tired of seeing these "WTF THERE'S AN OPTIONAL IRL MONEY STORE IN-GAME SO IT'S INSTANTLY P2W WTFFFF BLIZZTARDS" posts, so let me just get this long thing here.
    Feel free to copy-paste this or quote it or do whatever you wish with it, and put it on any of these kinds of posts.

1. Hearthstone can be easily played with free decks. It's played around you having the skill to play around cards that generally give you a hard time. Playing against a Druid? Watch out for Force of Nature + Savage Roar combo, it's very common amongst most Druids. Playing against a Mage? Keep yourself above 10 health at all costs to avoid Pyroblast.
    2. Yes, RNG is a bitch. If you don't like it, yes. Get the fuck out, and never return, because RNG literally cannot be taken out of the game. But, if you want to stay, just learn to live with it. 90% of the time, RNG doesn't win the game. It just makes the game easier to win, I mean, we're only hearing half the story here. For example, what we hear is that a Madder Bomber dealt enough damage to some guy for their opponent to kill them with a Weapon. Now that sucks, but imagine if, before that point, he were making some really bad mistakes, that eventually lead to RNG being able to fuck him over. It's a whole process that goes into it, RNG doesn't win the game alone.
    3. AND NEITHER DO LEGENDARIES. Try making a deck full of fucking legendaries, see how well you do. In fact, if you don't have the money to make a full-legendaries deck, go and watch TotalBiscuit use a fully-loaded deck full of every single Vanilla legendary (Before Naxx or GvG, but it sends the same message). He doesn't do too well, he gets lucky, like, once and doesn't win afterwords. So you hear that? IT'S NOT A GOOD DECK. Legendaries are treated as regular cards, with a fancy effect. That's it. They're not "Here, have a free win!" card. They're not "Pay to win". They're just a regular card with a Fancy effect. You can't instantly win when you play Deathwing. You aren't eternally protected when you play Kel'thuzad or Tirion. I'd like to mention a few cards more powerful than Legendaries... quick list.
    - Polymorph
    - Hex
    - Any Silence Card
    - Assassinate
    - Big Game Hunter
    - Sacrificial Pact (Warlock Legendaries)
    - And many, many more.
    4. Hearthstone, like any Strategy game, requires skill. It doesn't rely on luck alone. It relies on how well you played each card, how well thought-out you make your plays, and again, if you're willing to take the risk on if RNG will be your savior. In reality, Hearthstone isn't meant to be taken that seriously. Yes, there are competitive players, but sometimes, they just make silly, ridiculous decks. If Hearthstone were dead serious, it wouldn't be fun. We have Murloc decks, Pirate Decks, Giant Decks, especially the always popular Randuin Wrynn. They aren't made to be the top-tier ultimate win deck, they're just made for fun. If you're not playing competitively, and just want to get a kick out of playing the game, get a few friends together (Or maybe just one), and just play the game. If Blizzard wants to make one thing specifically clear, they want to do all they can to make their games a social experience. While some people tend to just play solo, others prefer playing with their mates, or watching their mates face off against other mates. It has that charm, the innocence, the humor the other Card Games just can't grasp. And while that's not for most, it's obviously fun enough to spawn 2 expansions for the game.

So please, if you're new the to game, don't be intimidated by those big, scary cards that people bought. Because that guy didn't buy them, he spent months grinding gold and disenchanting some golden cards he got from packs he bought with in-game gold to get those cards.
    It would be pay to win if you got Legendaries from packs you bought with real money, but since each and every pack, regardless if you buy it with real money or fake, HAS THE SAME CHANCE OF GETTING YOU LEGENDARIES.
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrotix View Post
    Alright, I'm getting about dead sick and tired of seeing these "WTF THERE'S AN OPTIONAL IRL MONEY STORE IN-GAME SO IT'S INSTANTLY P2W WTFFFF BLIZZTARDS" posts, so let me just get this long thing here.
    Feel free to copy-paste this or quote it or do whatever you wish with it, and put it on any of these kinds of posts.

1. Hearthstone can be easily played with free decks. It's played around you having the skill to play around cards that generally give you a hard time. Playing against a Druid? Watch out for Force of Nature + Savage Roar combo, it's very common amongst most Druids. Playing against a Mage? Keep yourself above 10 health at all costs to avoid Pyroblast.
    2. Yes, RNG is a bitch. If you don't like it, yes. Get the fuck out, and never return, because RNG literally cannot be taken out of the game. But, if you want to stay, just learn to live with it. 90% of the time, RNG doesn't win the game. It just makes the game easier to win, I mean, we're only hearing half the story here. For example, what we hear is that a Madder Bomber dealt enough damage to some guy for their opponent to kill them with a Weapon. Now that sucks, but imagine if, before that point, he were making some really bad mistakes, that eventually lead to RNG being able to fuck him over. It's a whole process that goes into it, RNG doesn't win the game alone.
    3. AND NEITHER DO LEGENDARIES. Try making a deck full of fucking legendaries, see how well you do. In fact, if you don't have the money to make a full-legendaries deck, go and watch TotalBiscuit use a fully-loaded deck full of every single Vanilla legendary (Before Naxx or GvG, but it sends the same message). He doesn't do too well, he gets lucky, like, once and doesn't win afterwords. So you hear that? IT'S NOT A GOOD DECK. Legendaries are treated as regular cards, with a fancy effect. That's it. They're not "Here, have a free win!" card. They're not "Pay to win". They're just a regular card with a Fancy effect. You can't instantly win when you play Deathwing. You aren't eternally protected when you play Kel'thuzad or Tirion. I'd like to mention a few cards more powerful than Legendaries... quick list.
    - Polymorph
    - Hex
    - Any Silence Card
    - Assassinate
    - Big Game Hunter
    - Sacrificial Pact (Warlock Legendaries)
    - And many, many more.
    4. Hearthstone, like any Strategy game, requires skill. It doesn't rely on luck alone. It relies on how well you played each card, how well thought-out you make your plays, and again, if you're willing to take the risk on if RNG will be your savior. In reality, Hearthstone isn't meant to be taken that seriously. Yes, there are competitive players, but sometimes, they just make silly, ridiculous decks. If Hearthstone were dead serious, it wouldn't be fun. We have Murloc decks, Pirate Decks, Giant Decks, especially the always popular Randuin Wrynn. They aren't made to be the top-tier ultimate win deck, they're just made for fun. If you're not playing competitively, and just want to get a kick out of playing the game, get a few friends together (Or maybe just one), and just play the game. If Blizzard wants to make one thing specifically clear, they want to do all they can to make their games a social experience. While some people tend to just play solo, others prefer playing with their mates, or watching their mates face off against other mates. It has that charm, the innocence, the humor the other Card Games just can't grasp. And while that's not for most, it's obviously fun enough to spawn 2 expansions for the game.

So please, if you're new the to game, don't be intimidated by those big, scary cards that people bought. Because that guy didn't buy them, he spent months grinding gold and disenchanting some golden cards he got from packs he bought with in-game gold to get those cards.
    It would be pay to win if you got Legendaries from packs you bought with real money, but since each and every pack, regardless if you buy it with real money or fake, HAS THE SAME CHANCE OF GETTING YOU LEGENDARIES.
    I do like your points but your "better than legendaries" list is... all wrong. Those cards, like Legendaries, are all situation. I don't want a silence against his 8/8 molten giant. I also don't care much for Hex or Polymorph for Zoo. Assassinate is a horrible cost for what you get out of it and BGH is only good right now because of the meta.

Legendaries are supplemental and that's what people have a hard time figuring out. If you have a board of 5 creatures and I have none playing Sylvanas is really, really stupid. Same with Rag unless it is just a last ditch effort and killing one minion will turn the tide. It's why Control Warrior works with all the legendaries because it spends the first 5-6 turns keeps minions OFF the board so it can play Alex/Rag/Sylvanas/Dr. Boom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solmyr13 View Post
    I do like your points but your "better than legendaries" list is... all wrong. Those cards, like Legendaries, are all situation. I don't want a silence against his 8/8 molten giant. I also don't care much for Hex or Polymorph for Zoo. Assassinate is a horrible cost for what you get out of it and BGH is only good right now because of the meta.

Legendaries are supplemental and that's what people have a hard time figuring out. If you have a board of 5 creatures and I have none playing Sylvanas is really, really stupid. Same with Rag unless it is just a last ditch effort and killing one minion will turn the tide. It's why Control Warrior works with all the legendaries because it spends the first 5-6 turns keeps minions OFF the board so it can play Alex/Rag/Sylvanas/Dr. Boom.
    I was more or less talking on a general sense. I was saying that Legendaries alone don't win games.
    For example, you can't just instantly win with a Deathwing. If you plop down Deathwing without even thinking about it, you just lost your entire hand, and put it at risk to any of the many removals I stated. Unless you played it right, and baited those removals early before playing your big bad monster. Or, you took the time to realize that, maybe if I don't have any cards in my hand and my opponent has a board filled with buffed minions, Deathwing would be viable.
    When played alone, Tirion can be silence/Polymorphed, Deathwing can be SW/BGH, and Ragnaros can be deal with if you just flood the board with options, and pray to RNGesus that he hits one of your small guys.
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?