Legendary Quest line

Why did they continue with this system? The long quest line is the reason people don't play alts or want to re-roll, Simply because with out the item you ARE NOT going to compete with people that have the item.

You almost purposefully have to avoid the quests to NOT acquire the 680 at least. While I think the ring itself is rather generic, and the quests (again) are a bit raid-centric, I don't see much of a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    All they really need to do to make the system work is to keep scaling down the requirements of the older steps as the quest progresses through the expansion.

Using the MoP legendary as an example, here's what they should've done:
    1. When ToT released, reduce the Valor requirement to 1000 and the Sigils required to 5 each.
    2. When SoO released, remove the Valor requirement, increase drop chance on Sigils to 100%, reduce the Secrets to 10, reduce the Runestones to 6, and double the drop chance on both.

Quote Originally Posted by Acog View Post
    Why did they continue with this system? The long quest line is the reason people don't play alts or want to re-roll, Simply because with out the item you ARE NOT going to compete with people that have the item.
    I agree with this.

The logic of
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    You almost purposefully have to avoid the quests to NOT acquire the 680 at least.
    doesn't really apply.
    You need to do the heroics (fair enough, you most likely will), then you need to farm the crystals (which is almost the only thing that those dailies are good for, unless you're a masochist who farms them for the reroll tokens) and then you need to follow the questline to kill Kairoz's spirit.

My warrior is still wearing the 640 ring simply because I cannot be arsed to do the crystal farming/quests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Acog View Post
    If done in a raid the dailies take perhaps 5-10 minutes to do. So 25-50 minutes of total effort to get the crystals. Perhaps you even get the crystal follower mission that gives 1000. There's also your garrison weekly that gives 800 if you do the apexis quest along with the weekly (likely). If you're feeling really lazy, just do a little over a month of those weekly and you're done.

I do agree that it will get worse though. It was pretty bad by the time SoO rolled out. That is, however, just the nature of legendary items before the final tier. In Cata if you didn't have a staff good luck finding a guild. Basically the question is, is the flavor and reward of a legendary worth the inability to reroll? I lean more towards it being worth it because ultimately this game is a power fantasy for me, but it would be nice if Blizzard was a bit more aggressive with catch up mechanisms for flexibility reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    My warrior is still wearing the 640 ring simply because I cannot be arsed to do the crystal farming/quests.
    Do you mean the quest that requires you to get just under 5k crystals? You can get that done in approx 30 min/day, and 5-6 days (via daily garrison quest). That's too much for you?