Poll: What console cameraDistanceMax do you use?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What camera distance do you use for raiding?

Everytime I watch streams I see people raiding with their camera far out, I'm wondering what distance people use.

I've always raided at 15 (/console cameraDistanceMax 15). I believe most people (especially tanks) raid at 50. I've been trying to change but it takes some times getting used to. At the moment I'm at 20 (/console cameraDistanceMax 20) and it feels great.
    Last edited by Nidale; 2014-12-30 at 08:20 PM.

Deleted
    Raiding at almost maximum camera distance.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a script that became popular back with Void Reaver, to help zoom the camera out, I've been using it at max since.

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually play at absolute max (using the script to extend it past what the default settings had), but depending on what I'm doing and the terrain, I will often zoom in more temporarily.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Max distance, which I believe is 50.

The wider the view I have of things, the better I'm able to see and react to encounter mechanics. I'm ranged, so maybe melee would want to be a little more zoomed in to see stuff going on at their feet since its a hectic mix of boss and bodies, but most bad things that you don't want to stand in are big enough and visible enough that I don't need to be able to see the details of the terrain underneath my characters right foot.

Max. If you aren't, you aren't doing it right. Sorry, but it's the honest truth. There are a FEW instances here and there throughout the game's history where a close camera was good, but the vast majority of the time, you need it so you can see all the things you need to avoid and pick up and whatnot.

As ranged I play it far back. You just have to. There are some cases where it's tough to, but anything closer in is a gimp to yourself as you can't see what's around you.

Always max limit the script allows

Hm...I thought 5 was the largest for some reason. I guess I'm going to go have to fix my macro now...although it's been working well enough like that so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Script limit is maxed but my preferred distance depends entirely on the encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    I'm ranged, so maybe melee would want to be a little more zoomed in to see stuff going on at their feet since its a hectic mix of boss and bodies
    As melee this is the very reason I have it at max, it's such a cluster fuck in melee that I can't see anything so I zoom out as far as I can to get a better view of the surrounding area. On occasion I do go closer but that's fairly rare.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Script limit is maxed but my preferred distance depends entirely on the encounter.
    This should be the correct answer for anyone who isn't trying to just parrot "max distance or you're doing it wrong" type bullshit they think they should say to be considered a serious raider.

I play on first person

I play melee but still using the max distance possible, the only thing that bothers me though is the bug on the new draenei models which causes their horns to disappear at a visible range ((

I change during fights depending on what I'm doing / needs to be seen.

Type /console cameradistancemaxfactor 5 for max distance. I have this as macro for everytime I log on

Quote Originally Posted by Slappyjoe View Post
    This should be the correct answer for anyone who isn't trying to just parrot "max distance or you're doing it wrong" type bullshit they think they should say to be considered a serious raider.
    Can you explain to me a situation in which a closer camera would help you be a better "serious raider?"

Try to be specific, because I'm thinking real hard here about every raid encounter in the game and nothing is coming to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    Can you explain to me a situation in which a closer camera would help you be a better "serious raider?"

Try to be specific, because I'm thinking real hard here about every raid encounter in the game and nothing is coming to mind.
    Anything in an enclosed area where maxing camera distance makes it whip/compress around obstacles or barriers?

The answer is "as distant as I need the camera to be to see the mechanics in the fight that I need to see, up to the max distance".

There's no reason at all to have it at 100% maximum distance at all times. It's not like you enter a fight with a certain camera distance and you're stuck with it... you can change it. All the time. It's not like we're playing hardcore RTS and every finger action is crucial.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Whatever one I feel like doing at the time

If you aren't choosing max for the majority of your encounters you are not playing in an optimal way.
    There is no benefit to seeing less.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV