Help out a veteran rogue with a log check?

One of my long-time raiders who has been playing rogue since vanilla has been frustrated lately with his numbers, he's consistently at the bottom. I know part of it may be gear, but I'd like to know if there's anything else he's overlooked. He WAS rocking a pretty low MH for most of last night, but got a heroic axe and still didn't see much of an improvement. Imperator wasn't logged but he was only putting out around 15k.

Last night's logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ee/details/40/

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...er/Lelu/simple

Thanks in advance guys!

Deleted
    I'm not an expert on interpreting logs, but 19.6% Slice 'n Dice uptime seems suboptimal.

Having skimped the butcher and kargath fight , though not being so familiar with worldoflogs, i can't seem to find any Killing Spree casts. So either worldoflogs doesn't show it or he isnt using any.Plus as said above here, Slice and Dice uptime should be 100%, there is no excuse for it dropping. Apart from that and his gear, i can't really see anything wrong with his logs. He isnt using to many RvS or SnD, he is using the correct talents and using the correct glyphs.

Though he should really replace that crawdad trap, even a 615 garrison trinket would be better than that one, sure its epic and looks nice. But the proc is useless.

You have to remember though, rogues are doing pretty bad atm with all specs. And combat isnt really good at single target at that. Those 2 things included I dont think his single target dps as combat will improve alot untill he gets to a decent haste level. Something above 1k haste atleast.

I'm 647 and do 18k on Imperator as combat. It's a L2P issue not "hurr durr rogues are bad" I don't even understand how 20% SnD uptime is possible that's a huge difference. Get to 90% or better you will see the difference.

Well he's figured out that one now, the trinket + slice and dice/revealing strike uptime. Any other glaring flaws you guys see or should I thank you kindly and be on my merry way?

His SnD uptime is 20% overall. Looking at butcher it's ~93%. Still short of 99-100% but not outrageously bad. No kspree though, which is bad.

Deleted
    the 20% SnD uptime is for the whole log... in the butcher&spore fights he is around the 90%ish mark, which still has room for improvement

- 90%ish snd uptime, get more
    - nearly no vanish+prep -> ambush, make use of your shadow focus talent and glyph of disappearence
    - no prepotion or second infight potion?
    - no KS on butcher, only 2 times used in the spore fight (6+minutes long) use your cooldowns more!

Deleted
    On normal and heroic difficulties there is currently no excuse for dropping SnD during the fight. Maybe, just maybe when you are really unlucky during Imperator, Tectus or Kargath when running with debuff or in phase transitions. On all other fights you have 100 % uptime of dealing damage (or very, very close to, because Shadowstep). So dropping SnD is just an error you should avoid.
    If you are playing with tactics which require the rogue to disengange from dealing damage it's not his fault though, and you should change the tactics I guess.

Guys don't look to deeply at the Kargath fight, it looks like the rogue died in the first Berserker Rush 50 sec in.

On Butcher he didn't use KS at all, but I'm going to assume he didn't want to risk messing up the cleave groups.

But looking at his Brackenspore log his CD rotation could use some work. His opening sequence is Ambush -> AR -> SSx4 -> Potion -> RSx2 -> SnD -> SS/Evis as normal. What he should be doing is something along the lines of Potion -> Ambush -> RS -> SnD -> SS to dump energy -> KS -> AR -> SS/Evis. He also needs to track when his CD's are back up. He used AR 4 times in a 6.5 min fight so he seems to be tracking that well but he only used KS twice.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you start with SND before the pull, and you maintain it without it dropping, it won't even appear in the log. So 20% uptime would likely be using SND before the pull and it falls off somewhere around 20% health left on the boss(not exact numbers, just an example) and casting it "for the first time" resulting in the log looking like 20% uptime.

Although it might be he really has 20% uptime on it if you're going sub 95% uptime on patchwork figths.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here are some things that I noticed while looking through his Butcher logs. Some of thees points may have been addressed by other posters, but i'm just restating it.

1. No Killing Spree: Unless I'm reading the logs wrong, he didn't use a single killing spree the whole of the Butcher fight? That's so much lost dps. He needs to be using KS on cooldown basically. KS should be used, pretty much off the pull and before the first Adrenaline Rush.

2. SnD Uptime: His Slice and Dice uptime is 93.7% which while not bad, could be better. Especially around a quarter into the fight, his SnD drops off for quite some time. He needs to not let SnD drop off after applying it for the first time, its the top priority finisher.

3. Revealing Strike: His RvS usage is better than his SnD, but he just needs to get it up sooner on the pull.

4. No pre-pot: He's only using one pot in the fight. You can prepot in stealth now, so no reason you shouldn't be pre-potting and then potting again for hero on the sub-30 burn phase.

I am mainly a Subtlety player though, so, I may have missed nuances about. But hopefully this helped.

10+ Year Old Account
    While people is pointing out his Killing spree usage, on butcher if he does not want to fuck up cleave groups he should time it so he uses it before boss starts cleaving. that way he can quickly get back into position afterwards.

Fight is more important to keep the proper groups for cleaves so even if he has to delay Killing spree this is the best way to do it.

But no killing spree at all is bad mon.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    While people is pointing out his Killing spree usage, on butcher if he does not want to fuck up cleave groups he should time it so he uses it before boss starts cleaving. that way he can quickly get back into position afterwards.

Fight is more important to keep the proper groups for cleaves so even if he has to delay Killing spree this is the best way to do it.

But no killing spree at all is bad mon.
    He should be using it off cooldown right after the next cleave has landed. 30% frenzy is a bit different story, cleaves come in faster so its tricky.

In my opinion he would be better off in playing assassination/subtlety (preferably subtlety if he can play it properly) for butcher for example, just to avoid all the hassle with killing spree.