Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Organoth View Post
    Way to contradict yourself. Demonic Servitude requires zero thought on the part of the player beyond making sure your pet is alive. SB:Haunt requires you to know how to spend your shards wisely. In the grand scheme of WoW its not a huge skill cap, but is still higher than the nonexistent skill cap required for Demonic Servitude.
    Uhh wat.

I wasn't comparing it to Demonic servitude, was just simply stating that using SB:Haunt efficiently isn't NEARLY as in depth and skillful as the poster was making it sound if at all. But whatever, if people want to think that SB: Haunt or anything about Afflic requires "skill" go ahead.
    Last edited by icecoldsir; 2015-01-04 at 04:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stand by my point that sb:haunt has a significantly higher skill cap than servitude.

- sb:haunt damage is pushed away from pet and initial haunt damage to dots. Multidotting defines how good you play. I always hear how it is so easy yet every time i look at parses I see the same thing. Sub 85% dot uptimes on secondary targets, dots refreshed well before pandemic range on a regular bases (not just the one off fillers during movement). I am not talking about sub 50% percentiles here.

- another thing is most people are not banking shards, basically throwing away their primary damage resource and reducing sb:haunt uptime.

Affliction single target is a joke either way, when secondary targets come in to the fray people seam to fall apart. You didn't make this comment but others have, "aff is so easy these days, was so much harder in mop". Can anyone take that seriously? Mop was wait for weak aura jackpot and soul swap.

Top level players can take any spec these days and make it work, the average player is going to have a significantly easier time with servitude than sb:haunt.

Can anyone link me a vid of the "draining soul adds before they explode" thingy? I've never come across one. And we are at butcher mythic now and it might be the deciding factor for me to play affli and not demo.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    Can anyone link me a vid of the "draining soul adds before they explode" thingy? I've never come across one. And we are at butcher mythic now and it might be the deciding factor for me to play affli and not demo.
    Dont see why you need a vid, just drain soul them right before they reach the boss = free shard.

I'm really confused, can someone point out if on karg / butcher if servitude is better or sb/h

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by goostoff View Post
    I'm really confused, can someone point out if on karg / butcher if servitude is better or sb/h
    SB:H is better.

Quote Originally Posted by goostoff View Post
    SB:H is better because both fights are fairly short (bl on pull, etc...).

For M Kargath, it may be better to take servitude since the kitties are still bugged and take no damages from our dots when on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragosh View Post
    SB:H is better because both fights are fairly short (bl on pull, etc...).

For M Kargath, it may be better to take servitude since the kitties are still bugged and take no damages from our dots when on fire.
    Wait...whut?

I didn't know that was a thing. Thank you.

Deleted
    Soulburn: haunt is better on every fight unless the fight lasts too long.

can anyone post sims showing sb haunt is better? The ones im running i'm just not seeing it. thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmerchant View Post
    can anyone post sims showing sb haunt is better? The ones im running i'm just not seeing it. thanks
    It's not, in all cases anyway.

For Mythic Highmaul :

Kargath - Servitude.

Butcher - SB:Haunt, maintain 100% uptime of SB:haunt buff WHILE maintaining 100% uptime of ordinary Haunt buff on the boss, drain soul the adds to have infinite amount of shards.

Tectus - what is affliction ?

Brackenspore - I honestly have no clue, probably SB:Haunt, considering you can multidot for large portions of the fight.

Twins - Servitude.

Ko'ragh - SB:Haunt seemed to work okay due to the fact that you can bank at least 2-3 shards from the ads with drain soul.

Emperor - SB:Haunt I guess, loads of adds in the fight.

HEROIC BRF :

Oregorger - Servitude

Hans - SB:Haunt

Gruul - Servitude

Flamebender - I don't know, probably Servitude

Maidens - SB:Haunt

Operator - Cataclysm ( go Demo or Destro on this fight if you can, Afflic is garbage )

Beastlord - SB:Haunt

Blast Furnace - SB:Haunt

Kromog - Servitude

Blackhand - Servitude

Rule of thumb is, if there are 2 consistent targets for the majority of the fight, and the fight is relatively short, SB:Haunt is going to trump everything. If there's a single target situation, but with the ability to drain soul adds, and you can do it on a reliable basis and keep ordinary Haunt uptime on your primary target WHILE keeping SB:Haunt buff up, SB:Haunt is going to be better than Servitude.

If it's a fight with no adds, or a fight with adds which spawn every 1+ min, Servitude is better.
    Last edited by mmoc24093d434d; 2015-02-25 at 02:02 PM.

Deleted
    People still play affliction? I hate that spec, is boring as hell... and I think Demo with service+servitude is better anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgard View Post
    People still play affliction? I hate that spec, is boring as hell... and I think Demo with service+servitude is better anyway
    Because "Demonbolt-ologist" was sooo fun, complex and engaging....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by uhhwateva View Post
    Because "Demonbolt-ologist" was sooo fun, complex and engaging....
    Was more complex, that's for sure... fun? I don't know, maybe not, but I liked it a lot