Poll: Playable Races;

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Races that would make sense for playable races

This is not another playable race thread, this is just a thread for people wanting their fave race to be added and what would make sense as a playable race.
    Still to, vote for your race, and might get this to Blizzard or they might see it.

OGRES;
    Originally from Draenor, ogres were one of the last races of Draenor's giants. Ruled over brutally by their cruel masters, Gruul and the gronn, ogre territory extended from their homeland in the unnamed continent southwest of Draenor continent. They were also the only race in Draenor that has ever established an empire: the Gorian Empire of Highmaul. Unlike the brutish ogres led by the gronn, the imperial Gorian ogres were intelligent and masters of the arcane.

ARRAKOA;
    The origins of the arakkoan race and its two distinct subcultures are tightly bound to the three primal gods of the Draenic region known as the Spires of Arak: The strong and graceful Rukhmar, mother of the kaliri; the slight but clever Anzu, father of the dread ravens; and the cold and scornful Sethe, father of the wind serpents.

VRYKUL;
    It is said that in ancient times the vrykul race inhabited the land, founding a vast and prosperous civilization. Suddenly, without warning or explanation, the vrykul race vanished, leaving behind only deserted villages and abandoned temples. Due to the encroachment of the Alliance settlement of Valgarde on their lands, vrykul have recently returned.

JINYU;
    The jinyu originated from murlocs who were fortunate enough to live near the enchanted pools of the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. The magic of the pools expanded their minds and grew their bodies, until they became one of the great ancient cultures of Pandaria. In the days before the Sundering, legend has it that all rivers flowed to Pandaria. Few were more aware of this than the clever jinyu. Over time the wisest of their people learned to commune with the waters of the river and listen for the future and news it would bring. These elders were respected by most races and earned their title of "Waterspeakers".

ETHEREAL;
    Treading the chaotic spaces between worlds, the ethereals are astral travelers who dwell within the Twisting Nether. They are known to be collectors and traders of arcane items and artifacts. Now drawn to Outland, many ethereals are seeking to track down its treasures and steal them back into the Twisting Nether. They are liars and scoundrels who will stop at nothing to pursue their mysterious aims.

HALF-BREEDS;
    Half-breeds are any species or individual biologically related to at least two separate species. The term half-breed was used by orcs and ogres to refer to Rexxar in the Third War. Half-orcs, half-elves, and half-ogres are examples of half-breeds. Rexxar and Med'an are examples of half-breeds. It can be used as either a technical or derogatory term. Half-breeds are occasionally treated as hybrid races, though the reverse may not always true.
    Last edited by rcshaggy; 2015-01-01 at 04:05 PM.
    For the Horde!

How could you forget Naga in the poll?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Other than Sub-Races and Half-Breeds, all the races you listed have absolutely no reason to join either the Horde or Alliance.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Other than Sub-Races and Half-Breeds, all the races you listed have absolutely no reason to join either the Horde or Alliance.
    Ignoring that there is an Alliance faction of Jinyu?

I feel that Mist would have been awesome to have the Jinyu and Hozen as unlockable races for Horde and Alliance for getting to level 90.

Naga, Murlocs, Centaurs (?), High Elfs, Orges.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Ignoring that there is an Alliance faction of Jinyu?

I feel that Mist would have been awesome to have the Jinyu and Hozen as unlockable races for Horde and Alliance for getting to level 90.
    I would say yes to the Jinyu and no to the Hozen personally... The Hozen just don't have that "playable race" feel to them for some reason...

I chose Sub-races, Ethereal, Jinyu, Ogres, and Other. The other would be High Elves for the Alliance.

Sub-races: Mag'har, Wildhammer, Frostborn, Dark Iron, Shen'dralar, uncorrupted Gilnean, Forsaken Elves, etc.
    Last edited by Rizendragon; 2015-01-01 at 03:39 AM.

Vrykul and High elves.

Vrykul for Alliance and Ogres for horde.
    Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one

-Martin Heidegger

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Arakkoa for Alliance, Ogres for Horde, and Neutral Nagas!

If Blizzard could do all those new character models, I think they could do some six more!

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    How could you forget Naga in the poll?
    This, I really wanna play a Naga
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Honestly-Naga and then Druid for a class.

Deleted
    I wanna play a corrupted Arrakoa so much.

Everything about them screams AWESOME

Ogres for Horde. Arrakoa for Alliance (though I'd also love them on Horde). Sub Races for all.

every time someone says naga i facepalm inside.

naga are PHYSICALLY (and mentally) changed and corrupted by an old god, a powerful one too, there is no coming back

and ogres joining the horde is like draini joining the horde, too much history and blood. (see lord of war web series)
    Be feared, or be fuel

Ogres.

Ogres.

Ogres.

Sub-races shouldn't be in that poll. The rest of the options vary from so-so to bad. Though I'm warming to the idea of playable Arrakoa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

High Elves and Ogres are the only VIABLE playable races that are in present-tense lore that could be faction based without going into half-races like half-elves/half-ogres which would likely work just as well.

You could have Ethereal's but I dont see anything else working at this point.

By this point I think as much as people want new races they should focus instead on fleshing out the ones they already have to the max.

Goren all dayyyy.

Slimy green mouths and the roll are mandatory.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    If someone told me how to play I'd show them a simulation dps graph made out of dick pics.

Ogres and subraces all the way.

Would loved to have seen Saurok on the poll. They were my choice of 'Other'.

I also picked Ogres, Arrakoa, and Sub-races.

no naga on the poll.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Ogres and ethereals would be cool. Elementals would be another race I'd like to see.

Bringing in the Botani as a 'treefolk' race isn't a bad idea - if not the Draenor-born variety, than some Azerothian treants could fit the bill as well.