Poll: Playable Races;

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    High elves, more subraces (brown orcs, stormhammer dwarves, etc), Naga, ogres, mantid (I'd kill for this) and arakkoa.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Ogres
    Arrakoa
    High Elfs (Dragon features on them with futher lore with tails, wings, horns to make them different in looks from the BE's)
    Furbolg
    Sub-races (in a few cases only when it makes sense like brown Orcs, undead blood elfs, forest trolls but no grimtotems or sea goblins ect)
    Naga (the way they are if they re-make them with legs then no thanks they need to make the tail work!)

Sub-races would be first followed by Ogres for Horde and probably Naga for Alliance. I'd like Alliance to have Arakkoa, but it just feels like that ship sailed with WoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Arrakoa would be cool.

Gorian ogres could also be cool.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

WTB High Elf
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.
    /
    I Livestream and do giveaways.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wait why no furbolg option? I mean they make the most sense lore-wise as an alliance race than any of the races you mentioned on the poll.

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    Wait why no furbolg option? I mean they make the most sense lore-wise as an alliance race than any of the races you mentioned on the poll.
    Jinyu, High Elves, and Half Elves make more sense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Jinyu, High Elves, and Half Elves make more sense.
    the Jinyu have no reason to aid Alliance in it's campaigns outside of Pandaria. (their only reason to aid the alliance was to defeat the hozen.) Furbolgs on the other hand are evidenced to have become more adventurous and curious about the world outside, which makes sense because half of their race got corrupted/killed because of Demons.

one of such adventurers ended up in Northrend where he convinced the northrend Furbolgs to reincarnate their god using the corrupted seedling from the tree (or something like that), the plan backfired but the whole story shows that Furbolgs are becoming more adventurous. it can be their prelude into becoming a more efficent player affecting the horde/alliance conflict. furthermore they have a bigger goal than Jinyu, they have a common enemy with both factions and that is the burning legion as they are one of the main victims of their invasion.

High Elves make the most sense (they were not in the poll) lore-wise but gameplay-wise I don't think so. introducing blood elves with blue eyes only makes a great number of people roll Alliance from Horde, and upset the Horde/Ally balance. I think the reason why BEs were given to Horde in the first place was to make more people roll Horde.

Half Elves? they look just like humans, well maybe a bit leaner but I don't see any big differences between them to make them interesting.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2015-01-01 at 08:14 AM.

the Jinyu have no reason to aid Alliance in it's campaigns outside of Pandaria. (their only reason to aid the alliance was to defeat the hozen.) Furbolgs on the other hand are evidenced to have become more adventurous and curious about the world outside, which makes sense because half of their race got corrupted/killed because of Demons.

one of such adventurers ended up in Northrend where he convinced the northrend Furbolgs to reincarnate their god using the corrupted seedling from the tree (or something like that), the plan backfired but the whole story shows that Furbolgs are becoming more adventurous. it can be their prelude into becoming a more efficent player affecting the horde/alliance conflict. furthermore they have a bigger goal than Jinyu, they have a common enemy with both factions and that is the burning legion.

High Elves make the most sense (they were not in the poll) lore-wise but gameplay-wise I don't think so. introducing blood elves with blue eyes only makes a great number of people roll Alliance from Horde, and upset the Horde/Ally balance. I think the reason why BEs were given to Horde in the first place was to make more people roll Horde.

Half Elves? they look just like humans, well maybe a bit leaner but I don't see any big differences between them to make them interesting.
    I was talking lore-wise mostly. I know over the past 10 or so years we've done a handful of quests involving/helping the furbolg, but I don't think the race becoming a little more adventurous means they would make a good PC race.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I was talking lore-wise mostly. I know over the past 10 or so years we've done a handful of quests involving/helping the furbolg, but I don't think the race becoming a little more adventurous means they would make a good PC race.
    Worgen were nothing more but savage beasts, but they were made playable. :P Furbolgs have a better condition compared to pre-cata Worgen.

it doesn't necessarily mean they're a good PC race. but it's one of the conditions of being one, because Alliance and Horde are the dominant global powers in Azeroth. they need races that are willing to serve their needs.

...besides the troll in me wishes they become playable so I can create one named Pedober and chase Gnome players in Goldshire.

Worgen were nothing more but savage beasts, but they were made playable. :P Furbolgs have a better condition compared to pre-cata Worgen.

it doesn't necessarily mean they're a good PC race. but it's one of the conditions of being one, because Alliance and Horde are the dominant global powers in Azeroth. they need races that are willing to serve their needs.

...besides the troll in me wishes they become playable so I can create one named Pedober and chase Gnome players in Goldshire.
    Lmao ... thats an acceptable reason for wanting them I guess.

The Worgen thing was out of left field.. but I think they wanted a savage race.. and needed to do something with that population of humans who used to be in the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jinyuuuuuu. I want playable Jinyu so much! I think they're best chance of making it is probably in an Azshara expansion which likely won't be awhile anyways, but still!

As for Naga not being in the poll, I think it's fair to leave them out. There are just too many technical hurdles with them. How will they use mounts without just sprouting legs for no discernible reason and defeating the purpose of having a Naga? They can't wrap their tails around big dragons and kodos and things.

- - - Updated - - -

Jinyuuuuuu. I want playable Jinyu so much! I think they're best chance of making it is probably in an Azshara expansion which likely won't be awhile anyways, but still!

As for Naga not being in the poll, I think it's fair to leave them out. There are just too many technical hurdles with them. How will they use mounts without just sprouting legs for no discernible reason and defeating the purpose of having a Naga? They can't wrap their tails around big dragons and kodos and things and that would probably look silly around smaller mounts like horses and stuff anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    No Murlocs? I am out....
    And no we really don't need any more elves! With the new Azshara Xpac on the way, I doubt that we'll get Naga, since she controlls them and there needs someone left to fight when we (Alliance) play as Murlocs already.

Deleted
    Naga, of course, surprised you did not put them there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelthos View Post

As for Naga not being in the poll, I think it's fair to leave them out. There are just too many technical hurdles with them. How will they use mounts without just sprouting legs for no discernible reason and defeating the purpose of having a Naga? They can't wrap their tails around big dragons and kodos and things and that would probably look silly around smaller mounts like horses and stuff anyways.
    You mean side-saddle? I don't know why wrapping tail would look bad, I've seen pictures and they look good. From my perspective a tauren in a goblin mount look bad and silly, I guess we should remove those mounts from them, right?

Bottom line, just because you dislike something it doesn't mean everyone does and technical difficulties? "too many"? Really? I see 2 and they can easily be fixed. One is side-saddle and the other is making leggings and footwear textures appear over tail. Boom, done!

Ogres for Horde, and a Jinyu-led Murloc faction for the Alliance!

Deleted
    I really like the mantid, but lore-wise that's absolutely impossible. Well, maybe it's better that way, the player armor wouldn't look good on them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Knotweed View Post
    Goren all dayyyy.

Slimy green mouths and the roll are mandatory.
    I agree their animation is awesome, and the toy costume is the best costume, but they were literally created to do nothing but eat the world.

Deleted
    Most of these doesn't make sense and wouldn't fit as playable race.

Sub races. I'd rather have the chance to play a Dark Iron or Frostborn Dwarf than just about anything else.

Vrykul would be really cool too, I think. A Vrykul Warrior would be pretty badass to play.

I even think it'd be really cool to go another step and give all the sub races their own Worgen-style starting quests/areas. For example, if you play a Dark Iron, you start in an instanced Blackrock Mountain and do Dark Iron quests up to level 10-15 or so, when you get a quest to go visit Ironforge. That part is never going to happen because "LOL RAYD TEAR!!1111" but I'd still love to see sub races, at least.