Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    LFR 615
    normal 630
    heroic 655
    mythic 670
    Haven't even seen a pug asking for 655 iLevel yet O_O let alone it being needed in a group.

Most PuGs doing 5+/7 heroic seem to be between 640 and 645.

LFR 615
    normal 630
    heroic 655
    mythic 670
    LFR is 615 to join. Not tuned for that item level. LFR is tuned around 580-590 ilvl.

Normal is tuned around 620-630 region, ie people who have done a handful of 5man heroics and gotten items + maybe 1-2 crafteds if needed.

Heroic is tuned around 635-640 over the start and probably around 650 for Imperator.

Mythic I dont know but im guessing tuned around 655-660 entry ilvl upto 670 area by the end.

They dont tune around you farming the entire previous tier till fully geared in those items to move on, would completely ruin progression if you have bad RNG and dont get required drops for your guild. Hell im not even 655 now, yet im 6/7 heroic and only reason im close to 655 now is because of heroic drops (Started heroics with our entire guild pretty much 640-650, I think 1 person over 650 total).

PuG's have always been able to clear alot of content dependant on pool of players to grab from. Its much easier now due to no raid lockouts outside Mythic, so I can PuG heroic HM tomorrow on my main, and still raid with my guild later on. Whereas previously as I used to bring 1 of 2 toons to a raid depending on what a friend was bring I used to save 2 toons from normal/heroic SoO for example just in case.

Deleted
    The benefit of pugging is you can very easily kick people that aren't playing well, many guilds don't have that option either due to recruitment or their loyalty.

You're mistaking current heroic with old heroic. Current heroic is just normal which is as puggable as the old pre 6.0 normals. You can't pug mythic and even if they did crossrealm mythic highmaul then your average pugs wouldn't go far. Normal was never hard and your "heroic" is just normal, not heroic.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yet you seem new to raiding.
    Yeah, no. You just over-estimated the gear levels required to complete said instance difficulties by a long shot. Dazu sums it up nicely above, well, aside from the normal mode which can easily be done by competant players of around 615 ilvl.
    Last edited by Hypasonic; 2015-01-03 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Yeah, no. You just over-estimated the gear levels required to complete said instance difficulties by a long shot. Dazu sums it up nicely above, well, aside from the normal mode which can easily be done by competant players of around 615 ilvl.
    I'd like to see some competent players killing Imperator in 615ilvl

Quote Originally Posted by Meryk View Post
    The benefit of pugging is you can very easily kick people that aren't playing well, many guilds don't have that option either due to recruitment or their loyalty.
    Yup, and take 15 minutes between pulls due to people leaving because it isn't 1 shot.

Deleted
    Let's cut the crap: The tool makes it easier to clear the dungeon. Fact. Why does it do so? Because it provides fast and cross-realm infrastructure for a much larger audience than oQue & Co. ever did. But it doesn't make the dungeon easier. If you're not getting carried and just focus on your job, things haven't changed. SoO bosses weren't harder for what I had to do. But now I can go ahead the curve without a guild, find other people that overgear the content in a few minutes and even change the setup in seconds. The pool is just fucking large, you have to go higher than 665 to run dry. Mythic on the other hand is a problem, because the server I play on is small. If it was crossrealm I am sure 4/7 would be PuGable soon.

The funny thing is that many players in the better groups I had during the last weeks all said that they were much more successful in their random raids than playing with their guilds. The usual slightly above average guild is too heterogeneous, with people putting in effort and getting ahead in gear and others just waiting for drops and not really putting up with stuff outside of the schedule either.