Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    Then so is every thread posted here and supported by mods thrashing gun ownership in the U.S. Like one up at this very moment about a 2 year old killing his mother by accident. But that probably supports YOUR views so of course that makes it newsworthy
    Are we the first country in recorded history to have the right to bear arms? I do not now but I am pretty sure people could have just walked around with swords or knives or something back in the day, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    "Guns don't stop robberies" and yet it just happened in this very report. And nobody was killed..did you even read it?
    "Guns don't stop robberies, people stop robberies"

Just for trowing some oil on the fire, good to hear nobody got hurt.
    And omg, people, this thread wasn't supposed to derail into an anti-gun thread.
    Last edited by mmoc013aca8632; 2015-01-02 at 09:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    "Guns don't stop robberies, people stop robberies"

Just for trowing some oil on the fire, good to hear nobody got hurt.
    I'm no fan of the NRA or their slogans :P
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    Is this about that topic? Is this thread about irresponsible gun owners? no. It is about a law abiding person stopping criminals. Why do you keep trying to derail?
    The notion that armed civilians need to stop crime every once and while in order to justify the large amounts of innocent deaths from accidental or deliberate gunfire is disturbing to a lot of people

I'm no fan of the NRA or their slogans :P
    Thats an NRA slogan? I tought it was something the progun people on this forum came up with.

Is the "cars kill people to" argument also from the NRA?

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Please point out where I said guns were required. I'll wait.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're not going to even pretend you aren't completely biased, then just go away.
    Lol and your not biased. You basically took a story with no clear picture of what happened and turned it into a circle jerk for guns.

- - - Updated - - -

And even if that WERE the case, which you have no idea of, he still stopped the criminals, allowing law enforcement to apprehend them before they could do it to anyone else
    God we don't need any want to be heros wanting to apprehend criminals. We have trained people for this

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    What I think people need to realize is that guns weren't used in the robbery, but to stop the robbery, and not having guns would have still resulted in the robbery happening.
    People need to stop having a hard on for gun hating and admit that this did some good.
    The only way your "nuuugh, guns are bad!" could have applied to this topic is by having gun wielders rob someone and be stopped by another gun wielder, as that would mean the positive appearance of guns was countered the negative appearance of guns. Making guns useless when debating their presence.

- - - Updated - - -

People have been trained to only care about news when terrible and disastrous things happen. They are at the minimum level of caring when it comes to good news.
    He still got beaten and his wallet taken, they were stopped after this, police will more than likely got them anyway with out the gun man. All the gun man did was making the end of a robbery more dangerous fir everyone involved. This was lucky to come to a safe ending.
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wdaz.com/news/crime/36443...n-fargo-monday

Thankfully that guy with the concealed carry permit was there, or these people could have gotten away with it, or worse, injured the man even more severely. Also good that he did not have to use his firearm to end it.

Kind of a big deal around here, (I'm not from fargo, but somewhat near) as violent crime is not that common.
    Hmm, well. This isn't a big deal for the world of firearms that he had one but a big deal that he could hold a common thought to not use it, only use it as a way of closing the situation. Problem is, he could have done the situation worse as well. This is a victory more for a man who cares to react to the situation, then for having a gun.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Fargo North Dakota? Lot's of people with guns there. It's like my state. When they do a police check point on the highway to look for drunk drivers after the major drinking holidays, it's like 1 in 10 cars has a gun.

Those men look like thugs. They might be in North Dakota looking for work since that's the main area of the current US oil boom but I don't know. Very high wages for some.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I'm not as vigilant when it comes to the news but I had a suspicion that there weren't many of these cases where the average Joe with a gun protects people against criminals, despite being the big reasoning to allow us to have guns in the first place. If true, the right wing should eat this story up.

Well, it's nice to know that someone was able to stop the robbery and no one was killed. As someone who is very much on the fence about guns, it's always nice to see a story with a good ending, since there are many with bad ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really can't see why americans are so pro guns... like your country has thousands and thousands of problems that you are just ignoring but you happily b__h and moan about your guns being taken away?... heh our government is corrupt, there are homeless people living on the street, families living at third world quality of life, we go to war with someone every year, we are running out of resources, racism is running rampant in some states but hey you can't take our guns!
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2015-01-02 at 09:52 AM.

Smart people do smart things with guns. Dumb people do dumb things with guns. I'm gonna hang with the smart people.

And before gun haters get too worked up, if disaster strikes and society starts to crumble, who would you rather know...the guy who is terrified of a firearm or the guy who sleeps with a Glock under his pillow?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    He still got beaten and his wallet taken, they were stopped after this, police will more than likely got them anyway with out the gun man. All the gun man did was making the end of a robbery more dangerous fir everyone involved. This was lucky to come to a safe ending.
    Is the preferred method to walk on by because the police will take care of things? From all I see around here people don't like the cops enough as it is.
    What about shooing them away by waving your hands at them and yelling, possibly resulting in just getting smacked down yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Problem is, he could have done the situation worse as well.
    What are the realistically plausible situations?
    Do you wince at the thought of a criminal being injured?

10+ Year Old Account
    And before gun haters get too worked up, if disaster strikes and society starts to crumble, who would you rather know...the guy who is terrified of a firearm or the guy who sleeps with a Glock under his pillow?
    You watch too many films... i need to own a gun because in the 0.000001% the apocalypse happens i can survive for a couple of days longer in a nuclear wasteland

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    Is the preferred method to walk on by because the police will take care of things? From all I see around here people don't like the cops enough as it is.
    What about shooing them away by waving your hands at them and yelling, possibly resulting in just getting smacked down yourself?

What are the realistically plausible situations?
    Do you wince at the thought of a criminal being injured?
    I would much rathet you just call the cops than intervene and even more so if you have a gun. Thabk god i live in a country where no one carries guns anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I really can't see why americans are so pro guns... like your country has thousands and thousands of problems that you are just ignoring but you happily b__h and moan about your guns being taken away?... heh our government is corrupt, there are homeless people living on the street, families living at third world quality of life, we go to war with someone every year, we are running out of resources, racism is running rampant in some states but hey you can't take our guns!
    Worry about your own country Brit. We're doing fine over here, thanks so much for your concern.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one deseves to die for robbery,
    Unless it's armed robbery, then death is an acceptable outcome for the robber for putting the lives of others in danger just to get what he can take. If he's willing to trade your life for your possessions why not his life instead to keep them?

and guns don't stop robberies.
    Oh really?

Your countries hard on for guns is disturbing.
    I won't lie, it is......

How about investing in better social security instead of having an armed populace?
    Why not both?

Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    Smart people do smart things with guns. Dumb people do dumb things with guns. I'm gonna hang with the smart people.

If you go in public you have no control of others. And why would smart poeple want to hang with you?

And the second paragraph shows everything we need to know about your intelligence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Unless it's armed robbery, then death is an acceptable outcome for the robber for putting the lives of others in danger just to get what he can take. If he's willing to trade your life for your possessions why not his life instead to keep them?

Oh really?

I won't lie, it is......

Why not both?
    Yes, all crimes are black and white. Look at the reasons that cause armed robbery (which this wasn't) and get back to me if they all deserve to die. This is a worse attitude than the robbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    You watch too many films... i need to own a gun because in the 0.000001% the apocalypse happens i can survive for a couple of days longer in a nuclear wasteland
    I'm being mostly facetious Einstein. Don't get a hard on.

Although now I know you're one person I definitely won't be hanging with. You'll probably die the first day of no electricity

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    I'm being mostly facetious Einstein. Don't get a hard on.

Although now I know you're one person I definitely won't be hanging with. You'll probably die the first day of no electricity
    I think i'd rather die than be with you

I would much rathet you just call the cops than intervene and even more so if you have a gun. Thabk god i live in a country where no one carries guns anywhere
    I didn't know the only people who would go out of their way to help someone had to be paid officers to do it. You shouldn't even have to call the police as you live in a utopia crime-free country, correct? Weapon or no, people should try to help, even if it's with a wet noodle.