Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    While i understand it's their raid and they can require what they like, it still cracks me up.

"XXX is on reserve" translates to "i really don't care about this raid or anyone in it but help me get my item so i can get away from you people immediately after".

I avoid these groups like the plague regardless of the item on reserve.

Quote Originally Posted by munchimunchi View Post
    Most of their comments in group finder like this:

"no SCRUBS" , "ONE mistake AUTO KICK", "master loot+ one piece on reserve if u dont like it fuck off", link achievement or dont bother queuing"
    and the list goes on and on
    Create a group and see for yourself. Being nice and lax will result in wasted time 80% of the time.

I get being strict about having sufficient dps and knowing the tactics and such, I just can't stand the fucking hypocrites. Found some guy asking for a 645+ fresh normal run with 7/7 achie, got curious so I looked him up on the armory and wouldn't you know it, he's a 6/7 634. Hypocrites just piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by hollafame View Post
    How the raid goes is a reflection on the person leading the raid. A bad raid = bad raid leader for inviting the people who were bad.
    That does get kinda hard with group finder though. Sure you may find someone with a high item lvl and the achie, but they could have gotten carried themselves. A raidleader should just put as many checks and balances as they can and hope for the best I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    just because the voices in your head tell you things, doesn't mean the world gives a crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou
    Isn't it great how this thread has dematerialized from the unfair corruption of Ner'zuhl, to whether Kil'Jaeden is a draenei or an Eredar, then to Alien Genetics and now to demon sex...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zozobra View Post
    Because they want to be carried.
    Prbly this, but they also want a smooth run. But most likely carried.

Quote Originally Posted by Cradyz View Post
    I get being strict about having sufficient dps and knowing the tactics and such, I just can't stand the fucking hypocrites. Found some guy asking for a 645+ fresh normal run with 7/7 achie, got curious so I looked him up on the armory and wouldn't you know it, he's a 6/7 634. Hypocrites just piss me off.

That does get kinda hard with group finder though. Sure you may find someone with a high item lvl and the achie, but they could have gotten carried themselves. A raidleader should just put as many checks and balances as they can and hope for the best I suppose.
    its so much easier to pull log data from WCL than it ever was with WoL. All you have to do is run a search on their names. Instead of armory checking people I damage-taken check them.

That's hardly hypocritical. If he knows what his ability is then he might know his gear is fine for what they're doing. He can't be sure of the people he's PuGings skill level so he needs high enough gear to compensate. And 6/7 is more or less 7/7. So assuming he can play competently, and know the fights, asking for a little higher than normal ilvl(thought 645 is a bit steep for normal) isn't a big deal considering he's organizing the whole thing.

TBH the people so far in this thread sound like the people that end up getting kicked and complain because they don't understand why.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2015-01-02 at 09:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Takes much more effort to lead a raid. If I were pugging, you better believe I'd have that one thing I really want on reserve, too. Make your own run if you don't like it, I can almost guarantee after leading one or two raids you'll be the same as them.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Deleted
    90% is a bit of an over exageration, certainly for the EU, but there are definitely some extremely disrespectful raid messages - and you shouldn't join those if you don't want that type of leader. I certainly would not consider joining them as I don't play games to be spoken to rudely or yelled at by strangers. At the end of the day it's entirely optional, if you think you could lead a raid better than start one and lead by example.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    That's hardly hypocritical. If he knows what his ability is then he might know his gear is fine for what they're doing. He can't be sure of the people he's PuGings skill level so he needs high enough gear to compensate.
    Don't know who'd be silly enough to join a raid with a certain expectation and the person running it can't even live up to it.

That's pretty much the definition of a carry, not in skill but with gear.

What amuses me is "Easy imp kill need dps", description then says "Need heals and rdps 670+, link ach to join" for Normal, and seeing all other raids looking for an imperator kill also demanding the achievement. Catch 62 everywhere. Need the achievement to join to kill Imp on normal, but can't get the achievement cause I can't join a group cause I don't have it.

Then those raid leaders are really the only one in the group whom don't have it. I'm assuming either douchebags or carries.
    Modeling and texturing is hard. Don't hate for a few Works in Progress.

I will say it's at least in part because you get people like what I had in a previous run. 665 item level hunter that was pushing 16k dps on Koragh and 660 warrior doing even less. They kicked the warrior and then he kept getting invited back into the raid. He started ninja pulling the boss until we figured out that it was the hunter that was re-inviting him (they were in the same guild). Kicked both of them out as they were cursing at us and telling us how bad we were. They were, of course, the lowest dps on the fight and sucked at dealing with mechanics. After we kicked them we one shot it.

People like that are, at least in part, why group finder raid leaders have to be jerks. Because there are bigger jerks out there trying to screw everyone over. That's also a nice indication of how having 660+ and achievement means absolutely nothing. They both had Ahead of the Curve, but I don't know how they did because they were both terrible at raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by zozobra View Post
    Because they want to be carried.
    In my experience its been this about 50/50. some have no idea what they are doing and want people to make up for them not knowing what to do but others just don't want to deal with people learning the fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Theharbinger View Post
    In my experience its been this about 50/50. some have no idea what they are doing and want people to make up for them not knowing what to do but others just don't want to deal with people learning the fights.
    yeah but you can always tell which half is which:

"NO SCRUBZ 1 MISTAKE AUTOKICK" = carry the raid leader

"This isn't a learning run, if you make a mistake I'll remove you." = experienced group

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soliden View Post
    The best is when they list the group as something like 665+ ilevel while they only have a 630 themselves or when they say to link achievements and they're like 4/7. Makes me laugh hard.
    Your own ilvl is the maximum you can set up a group with.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    They're pugging because they don't do raids with a guild. They don't do raids with a stable group, like a guild, because they have about the same social skills as a black widow spider and the patience of a 2 year old - not raid material.
    I have really bad social skills, and a great bit of social anxiety, but I'm still a very nice guy with a mega-ton of patience, I find this kind of generalization a bit offensive, to be honest :/ Don't lump me with these kind of people just because I don't raid with a guild. (I know that wasn't your intention or anything. Just saying.)

Deleted
    OP sounds like one of the bads I am forced to kick all the time after dying to Ko'ragh for the 5th time
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2015-01-03 at 10:49 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crunk View Post
    i pug now for the opposite reason. i can't be bothered to be a part of wow guilds these days because they are filled with lowlife wow nerds that completely lack perspective on the real world. i was like that too, 5-6 years ago, but then i grew up. its scary to think that most people playing wow are the same age as me.

maybe thats not true of all guilds, but way too many of them fall into that category to be worth the bother. i've settled for heroic.
    Just about finding balance, we have a mature guild where real life is always more important than WoW, and we raid around the expectations that people wont always be available, but we still manage to kill bosses.

On topic, i tend to find its usually people wanting a free ride to loot for them and their friends, and sometimes they are actually the worst player in the raid.

The ones I hate are the ones who put XXX minimum ilvl and are then 20-30 points below it.

Back in Cata we used to run a guild Saturday night server wide pug run where people could sign up, we had 2 rules,
    1) Know the fights even just from videos
    2) Have at least cheap gems & enchants on.

If we are taking the effort to get you kills and the potential for loot, then we want you to put the effort in to make it as smooth as possible for everyone else.
    Whilst we werent doing full content bosses we were still playing on characters that were the appropriate level, usually alts or 2nd mains, and would have 10-15 pugs with a core of 10-15 guild members who liked raiding all the time.

And a pug raid leader isnt the same as a guild raid leader, a pug just needs to press invite, a guild needs to understand the mechanics, call out strategy etc etc.
    Having done both would much rather be a guild raid leader as you tend to have less drama and there is always the permanent kick button for those straight up douches.

Deleted

We had that happen, we were running a friday night fun kara and invited someones brother in to the raid who was wearing sunwell T6 gear and he didnt understand simple mechanics or boss fights and kept dying.

gear =/= skill

As a lot of guilds have shown after a certain point its easy to carry 2 or 3 scrubs to free gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Many reasons... Either, they want it smooth so they don't have to care. They want to be carried to get better gear or they want to just get it overwith.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

It seems most people here are or have been in the situation the OP describes. I have been in this situation as well.
    I know i'm a well above average player but couldn't enter those clean runs cuz 'i dont have achieve'. So yeah i tried making my own group for the last boss and put my own ilvl(around 640) as minimum and tried it. I failed and failed and failed. Until someday I went for people who had around 650+ and a note that said: 'have exp, dont fuck up or kick' etc. But after trying this only a few times has gotten me the kill and it's easier to get invited into other 'smooth runs'.

TL;DR Make your own group if you don't like douchebag raidleaders, who only make those high requirements because there are so many not-so-good players out there