Poll: Yes/No?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Question If you could,would you move to an alien planet?

Would you move to an alien planet inhabited by the extraterrestrials if you were given the chance?

Imagine the following scenario:
    Next week,on Monday,the extraterrestrials reveal their presence on Earth by landing in all major cities around the world. The government makes full disclosure regarding UFO's and acknowledges that they've been working with the aliens for the few decades.

The aliens give everyone on Earth a chance to move to their planet -- Upon your arrival everything would be set so that you can continue living normally.
    You would be given a proper home,job,a moderate amount of money,you would be introduced to their society,customs and their way of living,their technology,and you would be given everything necessary so that you can simply continue living on just like here on Earth. In the future,you would even be allowed to move to one of their colonies on different planets and star systems.

There are no religions on their planet. Their technology is a century ahead of ours,and the general lifestyle is very different then ours. The aliens make it clear that it will take quite a bit to get used to the life of their planet. Humans who aren't familiar,adept or who do not use a lot of technology in their everyday lives will have a lot of difficulties.

The trip to their star system lasts 5 months. All the food and supplies are already on the ship.
    You'll be travelling in one of the large transport ships along with other people who decided to move.
    You are allowed to take up to 3 friends or family members with you and you can take as much stuff as you can carry.

There are no conspiracies. The aliens don't have any kind of super-secret plan to enslave or misuse anybody who decides to move.

However,the offer lasts only 6 months. There is no going back. Once you move to their planet,you can't return to Earth anymore.
    The aliens are stopping any major agreements or works with the government after that,and there is a pretty big chance the offer won't happen ever again.
    However,the governments announce that they have started developing the necessary technology so that you could communicate with your old friends and acquaintances who stayed on Earth. The technology would be developed in a decade or two.

So,would you move? Why or why not?

-- edit--

Side information (taken from questions in the comments):
    - People have been asking if there are any hot aliens on the planet....yep. The aliens are somewhat similar to us (imagine something between the Asari and the Turians from ME). They also enter and leave relationships like us.

- Their planet is in a much better state then ours,since they care about their environment and the technology they use is a very eco-friendly so you don't need to worry about pollution or any other unhealthy side effects we have on Earth.
    Last edited by mmocb3bae280f1; 2015-01-03 at 12:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Yes anywhere that gets me away from crazy humans . ven if they did plan to eat my brain i would move anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    This seems sort of heavily weighted in favor of moving.
    Honestly yeah, there's too much of a benefit to moving. Like, "Oh, you still haven't gotten your life on the track? Here, take a good job and get started!"

That being said, I would probably say no. No matter how great of a benefit, I wouldn't be able to take not hanging out with all my friends and family.

Deleted
    This seems sort of heavily weighted in favor of moving.
    The offer lasts only 6 months,so you don't have too much time to decide. You can't go back to Earth. Ever. And you won't have contact with anyone who stayed behind for a decade or two. Not to mention that you are moving to a completely new society which you know nothing about with multiple new species you've never seen before in your life.

Plus,you can take only 3 family members or friends. So if you have 4 kids,you have to leave one behind.
    Last edited by mmocb3bae280f1; 2015-01-02 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    Yes anywhere that gets me away from crazy humans . ven if they did plan to eat my brain i would move anyways.
    I was about to write just the same.

I'd move. I can't stand most humans and even tho those aliens might show the same behaviour I hate about humans, I still could fly around on a hoverboard and do some other funny stuff with their 'a century ahead of ours'-technology.

Where do I sign up ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Up to 3 friends or family members? I have a big family, so I'd pass.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

No, of course not. Life is about the love among family and friends. If we all can not go, I will not go.

Also they will die by the time I get to the alien world. Or be super old.

Depends. How are the video games?
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    Depends. How are the video games?
    Since their technology is a century ahead of ours,I can imagine VR and complete integration into games (including all five senses) would be like watching TV for us.

In a heartbeat. I've always had my head in the clouds dreaming of the day humanity can live and explore off-world. Nothing excites and enthralls me more than looking up at a night sky free from light pollution and wondering what lies "up there".

Sure, I'd miss the people I'd have to leave behind, but if we can communicate and keep in touch eventually, then it's not so bad.

Are the aliens hot? How's the food? Do I really have to work? Do they have video games? And can I still play WoW?

No way, space travel is far too dangerous.
    I'd play a game about me going to an alien world though!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

I would move in a heartbeat. Adventures would abound so I would be good with leaving Earth behind!

Deleted
    Not without knowing their customs that they have a concept of money is the first red flag.

Deleted
    Latency would be a bitch
    Yes I would, with out a seconds hesitation or thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do i get my own destroyer class ship?
    http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/6003/olympos1pe6.jpg
    If i do..then sign me up.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets cut the BS and get to the real question. Are there any hot alien space babes?!

No. I am all for Star Trekking but I'd want to be able to return to earth. Home.

Sure why not, unless there is an alien Obama.

Deleted
    You said the option is open to everyone, so they could independently choose to go.
    (Dang,I overlooked that...)

Sure,but if you are put into different major cities across the planet with pre-determined jobs,it might be difficult to live as a family again.
    Signing up as a family ensures that you all get a similar job,in the same city and that you live in the same house.