REALM REBORN,” which began operation last August,
    “DRAGON QUEST X,” which was launched in August
    2012, and “FINAL FANTASY XI,” which has entered its
    thirteenth year of operation—maintain nearly 1,000,000
    paying subscribers all together, and have established a
    solid revenue base
    Source: Square Enix Financial Report Page 4
    http://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/pdf/ar_2014_01en.pdf

Recent reveals in trailer had only mentioned created accounts up to 2.5 Million (only FFXIV). While the new figure covers not only FFXIV it sheeds some light on the true scale of the project. The Publication segment’s results for the fiscal year ended March 2014.

From my perspective the evidence reaffirms that the Japanese P2P MMORPG market is still visibly dominated by Sqare Enix Final Fantasy title. And while rather unpopular in China and Korea FFXIV appears to have taken some small but solid foothold in the Western market.

Square Enix also returned to solid positive net income (6,598 Million Yen) in 2014 albeit only half of the prior years losses (-13,714 Million Yen) and Net Sales increased to 155,023 Million Yen.
    Last edited by mmoc36f28662f1; 2015-01-03 at 03:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty good.
    Don't know how much FF11 and DQX contributes to it.

Does ffxiv arr still use a 3rd party payment processor? I remember paying for the game and they didn't take the money out right away. It was on the first or something when they finally did. I didn't like that. If that's all straightened out, the wife and I would leave wow tonight and start playing ff again.

One thing to keep in mind, that 2014 Annual Report was released on March 31st, 2014 in line with their fiscal calendar. In other words, that data is fairly old and omits about half of the game's current lifecycle. It doesn't appreciate some pretty significant events like the expansion into China and the release on the PS4.

What will really be interesting is the release of their 2015 Annual Report and how much growth has occurred in the last fiscal year. Hopefully, it will remain to be positive. Judging from their content releases this year and the continued touting of registered accounts, I wouldn't expect anything less.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know of FFXI, I didn't know there is a DQX o.O

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably cause it's Japan only.

FFXIV ARR is a legit MMORPG for sure. I would still be playing it if it wasn't for WOD being announced/released and joining a real raid guild.

It was fun and had content unlike Wildstar or Guild Wars2.

FFXI I used to play back when it was 75 cap and honestly if there was a super easy way I'd get my old account back and play again just for nostalgia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaxius View Post
    One thing to keep in mind, that 2014 Annual Report was released on March 31st, 2014 in line with their fiscal calendar. In other words, that data is fairly old and omits about half of the game's current lifecycle. It doesn't appreciate some pretty significant events like the expansion into China and the release on the PS4.
    There won't be any significant impact from their expansion into Asian markets. The Chinese release in August 2014 picked up little sailwind and has very little visible presence.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaxius View Post
    What will really be interesting is the release of their 2015 Annual Report and how much growth has occurred in the last fiscal year. Hopefully, it will remain to be positive. Judging from their content releases this year and the continued touting of registered accounts, I wouldn't expect anything less.
    That's how I see the thing. No indication that it lost its strong points.

Quote Originally Posted by gumb View Post
    Does ffxiv arr still use a 3rd party payment processor? I remember paying for the game and they didn't take the money out right away. It was on the first or something when they finally did. I didn't like that. If that's all straightened out, the wife and I would leave wow tonight and start playing ff again.
    Yes, the payment system is much better. My wife had left over crysta but bought a month outright; I had '2' leftover crysta, added 1297, then bought the 1 toon per server sub immediately. Both of our clients immediately registered our subs as well. Quick and painless now.

Quote Originally Posted by gumb View Post
    Payment is, thankfully, straightforward. That was the most frustrating aspect of XIV, but with XIV:ARR, it's pretty much the same as WoW's method of set up, choose your sub service plan, and go.

And daggum, I love this frickin' game. >_>