Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The time of reckoning: should I call CPS to sever all ties with blood relatives?

Hello, while I will not give a proper name, I will give a description of my situation. This is being typed from a public internet service, as I just fled from home.

I am a 19, soon to be 20 year old person who has never advanced to high school after graduating middle. The reason for this is because, unknown to me at the time, my parents were divorcing. I was sent to Korea not knowing this, to be under my father's care. For years I have been constantly subject to physical and psychological abuse from my father, who regularly took his frustrations out on me due to the string of complications that followed. This went on as long as it did solely due to the fact that I was naive, and hoped things would turn out for the better. I remained patient, but it never did. Early 2014, I was sent to America to my seemingly live with my mother, because of a brawl with my own father that nearly ended my life. Near the end of December, my mother suggested for me to live with my own father due to financial difficulties, and refuses to see it any other way. Not content with this, and after a savage exchange, I have ran from home and am currently writing this. She will not accept the truth behind me and my father's relationship, and I refuse to accept the ultimatum given to me.

I have contemplated calling CPS despite my age, but before this moment of life-changing reckoning, I would like some sincere thoughts on what I should do. This is, indeed, the end calling; a major turn that may or may not be the end of my life. I will respond to responses as much as I can.
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

10+ Year Old Account
    You're over 18. CPS only concerns minors. It's a shitty situation you're in, but at 18 years old you're considered an adult and are responsible for yourself.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    You don't need the CPS to leave the house and do your own thing once you're an adult. You're free to go... stay with friends or other family, get a job, make your own money, finish your education.
    In that case, should I just die? I have nothing without my relatives, as the one who has been pulling all my strings is my father. No one will mourn one loss of life, and I have nothing left to live for, and can't live on my own anyways.

Oh my, another weirdly twisting plot thought up by Salandrin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    In that case, should I just die? I have nothing without my relatives, as the one who has been pulling all my strings is my father. No one will mourn one loss of life, and I have nothing left to live for, and can't live on my own anyways.
    If this is not a troll - you're an adult, grow some balls and move the fuck on.

You've said your father is the problem, and with him gone, so too is the problem. See what kind of financial support you can find locally to attend a Community College and pick up your High School Equivalency. After that, it should be a simple matter to get financial aid for college or trade school, as your story is exactly what they look for when giving money to students.

If you're really feeling like killing yourself is the only answer, sleep on it. Usually things are better in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Is this a common occurrence?

Deleted
    First call of action is to notify the relevant authorities you're homeless and in need.

In the U.K at least the police will do a needs based referral based on your current situation, ultimately leading to;

1) A hostel

2) Sectioning

3) Support from your extended family

If you're diagnosed with mental health conditions this places you as a vulnerable person in the U.K, on a band A based needs (Homeless mothers, children who've ran away, the disabled etc) and gives you preferential reference for supported accommodation and emergency financial assistance and housing.

This is all for the U.K though, but your best bet is to contact the police and ask for assistance on what to do.

Believe it or not most officers are humans and will at least give you a number to call.

I might believe this thread if a mod comes in here and says that IP checks of his posts prior to 2014 originated in Korea and this one originates in the US. Else it's just another weird thread by a known weird thread poster.

You need a wake up call. I'm not going to hold your hand with the following advice:

It would seem that your emotional health has been stunted due to this psychological abuse, and the overbearing attitudes and mannerisms of your father. You are free of that now - so become the man that you wish your father could have been to you. Find a job, see if anybody can take you in, do anything in your power possible to set yourself up for success. Life handed you a pile of shit, so smear it everywhere but upon yourself.

You are at a crossroads: man the fuck up and do the things that you know you should be doing or continue to stay with your family and use the old "oh woes me, look at my shitty life" excuse as a crutch for how much of a failure you could potentially be in the future.

CPS can't do shit for you. Your parents can't do shit for you. The only person in your life that can do anything at all for you is yourself. So go out and get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by noladrew View Post
    There's always that one chance the boy was telling the truth when he cried wolf but a glossary search of his post history paints a picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    I believe this is a case of the boy who cried wolf too many times.

Quote Originally Posted by noladrew View Post
    Very /10char
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

I'd imagine suicide scare threads are prohibited?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorohon View Post
    You need a wake up call. I'm not going to hold your hand with the following advice:

It would seem that your emotional health has been stunted due to this psychological abuse, and the overbearing attitudes and mannerisms of your father. You are free of that now - so become the man that you wish your father could have been to you. Find a job, see if anybody can take you in, do anything in your power possible to set yourself up for success. Life handed you a pile of shit, so smear it everywhere but upon yourself.

You are at a crossroads: man the fuck up and do the things that you know you should be doing or continue to stay with your family and use the old "oh woes me, look at my shitty life" excuse as a crutch for how much of a failure you could potentially be in the future.

CPS can't do shit for you. Your parents can't do shit for you. The only person in your life that can do anything at all for you is yourself. So go out and get it done.
    Thank you for this, I know what will happen now.

Well, goodbye to all. Whether I die or figure out what to do with my life is really just up to me based off the feedback.

But your parents are together and have a dog?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...3#post28642833

Well, goodbye to all. Whether I die or figure out what to do with my life is really just up to me based off the feedback.

Do you think you're funny?

10+ Year Old Account
    What the hell is wrong with you?

I actually started feeling some pity for while reading your intro post, but this sort of idiocy gets no applause when you come across as a spoiled self-centered little brat!

As some have stated already, you've been an adult for a good few years in most independent peoples eyes, maybe you should act like one and take responsibility for your life from now on?

So your parents are splitting up, so what (Honestly, get some perspective and a sense of reality!).

Go tell your story to the local authorities where you live so they can try and help you with a place to live, sign up for some benefit or work-scheme to get some form of income and then start from there.., it's not easy, but it is a starting point.
    After that figure out what you (Not your parents or anyone else) want out of life and make an attempt of pursuing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    What the hell is wrong with you?

I actually started feeling some pity for while reading your intro post, but this sort of idiocy gets no applause when you come across as a spoiled self-centered little brat!

As some have stated already, you've been an adult for a good few years in most independent peoples eyes, maybe you should act like one and take responsibility for your life from now on?

So your parents are splitting up, so what (Honestly, get some perspective and a sense of reality!).

Go tell your story to the local authorities where you live so they can try and help you with a place to live, sign up for some benefit or work-scheme to get some form of income and then start from there.., it's not easy, but it is a starting point.
    After that figure out what you (Not your parents or anyone else) want out of life and make an attempt of pursuing it.
    The core problem I fear now is the wrath of my father if he ever discovers my plight.