Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeruge View Post
    The link between skill at a class and raid difficulty is a false dichotomy. Even in one single guild such as Method, you see some players who constantly outperform someone else in the guild who plays the same spec. You get varying skill levels at every level of raiding, and I'd argue the difference in skill between a member of Method and a member of a guild who killed Kargath Mythic today is much greater than the difference in skill between the player in the guild who killed Kargath Mythic today and a player in a guild who is 3/7 heroic.

I'm not comparing a good rogue to a bad player. No matter what level you're playing at, you will always see wildly different levels of skill. The point is that the majority of players are not raiding mythic, so if you ask someone who is 3/7 heroic whether he cares about whether he beats his friend in the same guild then you'll either get a yes or a no depending on the type of guild and the type of player, but the key is that you can get a yes. Being competitive does not mean you have to be #1 in world of logs, it can mean being your rival on your realm group or reaching a world rank of 15,000 this tier. It might sound silly if you're a mythic raider but that style of competition exists for a lot of people. Less skilled players do like to be competitive too, and it can really matter to them.

I'm absolutely dire at Halo but I still like to try and win, y'know?

I don't think you are understanding what I am trying to convey. The point of a person, a Rogue feeling his class is ok because he is a better player then the people he is playing is silly. Say a Rogue running at the top of his game hitting ranks each week getting out matched by a person playing say a mage that never ranks and constantly fails at his class and mechanics. The point here is you constantly see more bad players at the lower difficulty, this is where I am saying what difference does it make if you did 30k in a lfr group where the boss dies in 1min vs the suv hunter 20ilvl under half afk new to his class. The real facts is competition exists on different lvls of play, but being ok because your nfl team beat your highschool team isnt good. There is a balance problem in terms of how rogues work in raids in dmg and ways of having to carry different sets of gear. Other classes change talents around, rogues change specs and still preform at a lower lvl in terms of dmg. Why bring a rogue to a raid when you can bring one of these other classes? The only reason you would in a setting where it doesn't matter. So on some lvl things matter and they don't Obviously to lower skilled players nothing matters, and im not talking about those players.

Deleted
    You over exaggerate dude. If a mage sucks and the rogue plays perfect the rogue will top the mage at any time. Sure rogues arent the best DPS in the game right now, but many ppl really over exaggerate. They are OK they aren't top they aren't bottom either. I dont know whats wrong with that, and like it seems we will receive buffs until its fine anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstop View Post
    You over exaggerate dude. If a mage sucks and the rogue plays perfect the rogue will top the mage at any time. Sure rogues arent the best DPS in the game right now, but many ppl really over exaggerate. They are OK they aren't top they aren't bottom either. I dont know whats wrong with that, and like it seems we will receive buffs until its fine anyways.

Ya, but no they are not ok. Looks like we are getting buffs anyway so it doesn't matter much.

Deleted
    Man rogues are ok and they get buffed every hotfix, ppl seem really greedy. To me it seems like ppl must complain if rogues aren't the best of all. Just seems silly to me.

Man rogues are ok and they get buffed every hotfix, ppl seem really greedy. To me it seems like ppl must complain if rogues aren't the best of all. Just seems silly to me.
    Yeah, the worst melee except possibly Enhancement on single targets. Really ok. We got buffed because we were bad. Now we should be fine.

Deleted
    Count the single target fights in HM. thx

Count the single target fights in HM. thx
    You do realize I mean that we aren't really good at anything and the only thing we reliably are better than is Enh (and only on ST fights, since they shit on us on AE).

Man rogues are ok and they get buffed every hotfix, ppl seem really greedy.
    Probably because they're just weak?

To me it seems like ppl must complain if rogues aren't the best of all. Just seems silly to me.
    They're pure melee class, nothing more, nothing less. And they were on the one of the last places in the terms of DPS in mythic/heroic groups, that's the reason why they're getting buffed.

There is no way you are being serious. Do you PLAY this game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I mean. We were the *worst* of all, so.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzrogue View Post
    i dont know if i can share this but meh. this is our run lastnight heroic clear + 2 mythic bosses, i was assassination with 645 mission weapons
    i cant link anything cause im new here but. if you look me up on warcraftlogs it should bring up lastnights kills. i was assassin and pulled solid 90-99 percentiles, just play what spec u like/play the best.
    That still means that your group members are under-performing, and is not valid at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...15&view=events

I'm in TOP 1% right now(Twin Ogron). :-) And mind that I don't have 690ilvl ring and proper flask, I wasn't even doing pre-pots or potions during execute phase/timewrap/heroism(we were just gearing other people for HC raid so I didn't even try).

Our DMG is really higher than before. What about you guys? Noticed any big differences?

Last week:

This week:

Assassination is very good.

Assassination is fantastic for Twins (and it's pretty good for Brackenspore too).

Deleted
    What exactly makes assassination stick out on twin ogron & brackenspore?

Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    Rupture & Poisons on both
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    Assassination rogues generate 10 energy every time rupture ticks on a target.

Thus in a fight like twins, if you keep rupture (and deadly poison, for deeps) ticking on the secondary target, you'll have a lot more energy and therefore less unused globals.

Deleted
    Okay, Great! I was doing double ruptures as sub, ive been plating sub for pve and combat for pvp, not a big fan of combat rotation though so quitte interesten to try assassination here.

One last question;how do you keep the poison up most efficiently, whack the other with envenom on or fok?

Quote Originally Posted by Jdance View Post

"Removed for brevity"

Assassination is very good.
    You doing Butcher and whatnot as Assas ? Id love to see the specs numbers on single target.

Anecdotal evidence and all that, but in playing around in LFR it seems that for my real world application Assassination is overall better than Sub after the last buffs.

I'm sure that Sub looks better on paper, but except for Butcher it's difficult for me (an average player, we are only 6/7 heroic atm) to reach the theoretical max for Sub while I can come much closer as Assassination.

I feel that I need to keep Combat just to make use of the gear that I have, but even though my daggers are only 655/640, I'm going Assassination tonight. Sub's positional requirements and complexity are not worth the extra potential dps for me.

Again, YMMV. I'm just passing along the experience of an old man who plays on a laptop.