Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Concede on definite loss

I just despise people who concede when they can't see themselves winning anymore (only got like 5 health left and can't do anything). Just take the loss instead of conceding. This happens quite frequently as well. Anyone else feel this way or am I over exaggerating?

Do you get less credit or something if they concede versus drawing the game out? Personally, if it is all the same concede or actual loss, I'd be grateful if I were you they are conceding. There were countless times in a game of Magic at 1 life left when all looked just about over - I've managed to turn the game around and win. So, be grateful for concedes that could've resulted in your losses.

Deleted
    If the game is going back and forth and it's been really enjoyable then I won't concede. If it's just facehunter/zoo and I'm dead by turn 5 while they still have a full board of buffed minions that they haven't let me even touch then I'm outta there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why ? It `s just wasted time. Should i waste my time for other people ?

Deleted
    You'd rather they stick around to lose, or so that you can BM them?

Get real, if I see the situation is lost I leave, why bother trying to drag it out.
    If fact, if anything annoys me it's people who continue playing with a -5 card advantage, no board or health, and continue taking all the time possible until the last breath of the game, and then concede just before you kill them as a final "fuck you".

Well the game (for me) is about beating someone in a game of cards. I want to kill the hero, not have it run away with the white flag raised.

Over exaggerating. Why waste your time going through the motions of losing if you know full well you have no chance of winning, especially if there are no additional benefits to be gained by both parties if played out? It's rather bull headed to continue on knowing you have no chance. In plain games, it likely does not matter, but if you consider playing in tournaments where rounds are timed, immediately recognizing your defeat will save time by allowing you to move onto the next game (specifically with games such as Magic).

That's exactly what the concede button is for. Silly to be upset over your opponent admitting defeat versus doing something useless for another turn and losing anyway. I'd rather get into my next game where who wins is still up in the air.

By the way, I never drag it out, I will just throw my shit at the enemy instead of play all cards I have and do unnecessary stuff.

Unless you are trying to BM someone, there is no reason to be upset when they concede, saves everyone time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamidroon View Post
    Well the game (for me) is about beating someone in a game of cards. I want to kill the hero, not have it run away with the white flag raised.
    You still beat them if they concede.

Deleted
    If anything I think people need to concede more often, when it's blindingly obvious they're fucked.

When I think back to all the games I've steamrolled and had the opponenent take forever for each turn and just tempo, tempo tempo, delaying their inevitable demise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheSerialSniper View Post
    Unless you are trying to BM someone, there is no reason to be upset when they concede, saves everyone time.
    Exactly right.

what a fucking retarded argument...
    Though i've won several 1 hp matches, so dont see why people would leave... well yeah unless its a 100% loss.

I dont see why you get butthurt over people concedeing, its their time, their time to use as they please...
    Not to satisfy some weird RP kid.

It's pretty common in card games for someone to concede the moment they see they can't win rather than drag it out. It's seen as BM to drag games out (on both sides)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkie View Post
    what a fucking retarded argument...
    Though i've won several 1 hp matches, so dont see why people would leave... well yeah unless its a 100% loss.

I dont see why you get butthurt over people concedeing, its their time, their time to use as they please...
    Not to satisfy some weird RP kid.
    Guess what, it's my time to use as I please as well.

Deleted
    Why does your time take precedent over theirs?

So you get upset when people don't waste your time? That's...really pointless and childish logic.

I always concede when I know I've lost. The game is over, I lose, GG. Don't mean anything negative by it. I want to move on to the next game, and the sooner it ends the sooner I can start the new one.

Also, I can't even count how many times I've actually tried to let someone finish me off in the past only to be met with BMing, threaten/sorry/thanks emote spamming and stalling until I just conceded anyway. I'm not going to give them a chance to waste my time.
    Last edited by Irian; 2015-01-03 at 04:17 PM.

Deleted
    But not to demand anything of your opponent.
    Don't expect him to indulge you, especially if you expect him to basically BM you and drag it out, despite the situation being dire from his perespective.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I know I've lost, I will do these things in this order:

1: Play as many things as I can for my daily quests (minions over 5 mana, spells, minions under 2 mana)
    2: Say Well played
    3: Concede

I don't concede but I end my turn right away because I personally like winning by beating the other guy/gal also maybe he has a quest which says he has to do this much damge to my health and if i simply forfeit I obstruct quest progress. I am nice like that^^ My opponent won and beat me fair and square so he gets to kill me without dragging the time out