How to learn to PvP?

Hey guys. I started PvPing over the weekend and am having a great time. However, I'm still not very good at it. I don't know if I'm looking in the wrong places, but I really can't find that much info on what to do to get better. I know PvP Is a lot more complicated in a lot of scenarios than PvE with a larger amount of things happening, but I'm not sure what to do in a lot of scenarios. I'm currently doing BG's to get get full 620 gear as arms then I want to jump into 3v3 skirmishes and see how I enjoy arena. My whole strategy involves Running into a group fight, Die by the sword>Bladestorm, then tunneling a healer and trying to execute any low health enemies.

Are there any guides available that I'm not aware of, or just some hints? Good streams for beginners? I'm confused as to what I should be spending my conquest on as well as strategies while actually PvPing. There was a person who was starting a stream not that long ago that looked to be promising for newer PvPers, but the stream got canceled.

There is usually guides available on the countless forums I think it just depends on what you're really looking for. I make some basic videos to help out for fury warriors mainly. Might be helpful in some way or another.

https://www.youtube.com/user/CryptusDK
    Dual Wield PVP Warrior/Death Knight PVP Videos/Tips/Guides

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Calm View Post
    Hey guys. I started PvPing over the weekend and am having a great time. However, I'm still not very good at it. I don't know if I'm looking in the wrong places, but I really can't find that much info on what to do to get better. I know PvP Is a lot more complicated in a lot of scenarios than PvE with a larger amount of things happening, but I'm not sure what to do in a lot of scenarios. I'm currently doing BG's to get get full 620 gear as arms then I want to jump into 3v3 skirmishes and see how I enjoy arena. My whole strategy involves Running into a group fight, Die by the sword>Bladestorm, then tunneling a healer and trying to execute any low health enemies.

Are there any guides available that I'm not aware of, or just some hints? Good streams for beginners? I'm confused as to what I should be spending my conquest on as well as strategies while actually PvPing. There was a person who was starting a stream not that long ago that looked to be promising for newer PvPers, but the stream got canceled.
    you could try something like Skill Capped, there's a fee to join up but they also host some free videos on YouTube, although I'm not sure how much WoD content is available right now. I think the best thing to do is watch streams and videos of others PvPing really. you don't need to find the absolute best Warrior in the world to watch, you can still learn a lot from watching guys like Pilav, Bajheera, Swifty etc who have personality and make it fun to watch.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hey Calm,
    I'm in the same situation as you. I just discovered warrior pvp and I LOVE IT!
    I found a post that help me a lot gettin' startet with the basics, I can't link to the post (because i'm new at posting here). But its on the EU warrior class forums and its called How to warrior pvp (6.0.3) and it written by Rédeye. Go read it, it's good!

I also watch Bajheer and Swifty on YouTube - its a great way to learn and it's very entertaining. ;D

Enjoy your warrior pvp - I am.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, the best way to learn is just to play, play and play, RBGs, Arenas and Duels. As others said, watching streams can help, look for macros on AJ or Skillcapped, Icyveins.
    And the most important of all, make sure to enjoy it
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

To be good at PvP, you need to understand all the offensive and defensive abilities of all classes and yours and manage them accordingly. In what you've shared, running in, popping a defensive, then blowing an offensive has costed you 2 abilities. Depending on what else you have and what they used and still have, you may have placed yourself in a horrible situation. The game is essentially about cooldown management and vulnerabilities. WoW PvP is actually more binary than people make it out to be.

its pretty important in pvp to always keep moving. its a pain in the arse to chase your opponent while trying to max out your dps. easiest way is move forward holding down the leftand right click and use the mouse to turn and stuff. and then you can just spam 1234 like mad man and you can do awesome deeps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    Honestly, the best way to learn is just to play, play and play, RBGs, Arenas and Duels.

This.
    You're not gonna become Rank 1 over night, you need to play to the definition of insanity (doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results).
    Eventually you will find yourself getting better and better and reacting to situations more accordingly.

Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.9Ghz | Gigabyte EX58-UD3R | 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600Hz | Gigabyte GTX 580 Superclocked Edition SLI | Lian-Li PC-P50WB | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD (raid0) | Corsair RM-1000 80+ Gold | Corsair H60, 2x BitFenix Spectre Pro P/P config

Deleted
    First thing is find a decent guide online and read then keep playing. To get better you need to learn about other classes how to counter their cds and spells, best way to do that is by dueling. For arena you should get focus macros and have to make a habit of being aware of what everyone is doing and positioning, best way to learn that is keep playing and watching videos.

Get Foq's weakauras from these forums!

Bgs my friend. Remember that every death is a lesson. Jump into crazy situations to try and overcome and you'll be stronger for it.
    Mighty one, never forget.

If you do watch some vids about your class, I honestly dont so much listen to what the person is saying and more of actually watching their movements and usage of spells. Some vids are good at that and will have the person commentate on why they did this vs that, etc. It can definitely help you learn how to use your abilities (and footwork) appropriately and with that mastery comes good pvp.