Poll: Models - worth it or not?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SadWarrior View Post
    Tried 10 day trial on my Blood elf warrior.

Was amused how this over advertised cool feature looked like!
    I couldn't even spot a difference between old and new model!
    They where done so well.

Then i tried Tauren. Not sure why, but i have this feeling that no one at Blizzard ever tried running or attempted to run or even saw anyone run, because male Tauren runs like a teenage girl.

Other two days i re rolled as a Worgen.
    If you can't spot the difference between the old and new models you need to get your eyes fixed.

http://gameaholic.org/wp-content/upl...ome-models.jpg

Deleted
    While some of them still could need a bit of work, ultimately, yes - they were absolutely worth it in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Have you TRIED turning them off? I certainly did when on my toaster- I mean laptop the whole world made my brain bleed out of my eyes, the old models were horrible!
    Definitely a much needed feature, I'd gladly give up the current raid tier to have my blood elf models now.

10+ Year Old Account
    wtb belf, but yeah they are pretty good, wish worgen would have gotten an update though .. didn't really notice until playing on an updated model then playing on my worgen :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora Twinblade View Post
    If you can't spot the difference between the old and new models you need to get your eyes fixed.

http://gameaholic.org/wp-content/upl...ome-models.jpg
    He's being sarcastic, the race he tried doesn't have anew model yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Syldarin View Post
    they could have focused on so much else than this
    like what ?

blizzard already said they have different teams with different jobs, they would not have made an extra boss or 1 more dungeon if they hadn't made those new models.

instead, those people would jsut set around with nothing to do, get fired, and we would have to look at old shit models in 2015.
    Be feared, or be fuel

I love my gnomes.. I couldnt go back and tbh I still get giddy with glee everytime I watch them run around now. I love it.

It is absolutely matters and worth it. In this age of ultra graphic, they need to revamp those shitty graphic back from 2004. It's even amazing they doesn't go for WoW 2 (just like how FFXI go to FFXIV today). And i can't imagine how would i bear to see those great in game cinematic with classic shit models...

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SadWarrior View Post
    Tried 10 day trial on my Blood elf warrior.

Was amused how this over advertised cool feature looked like!
    I couldn't even spot a difference between old and new model!
    They where done so well.

Then i tried Tauren. Not sure why, but i have this feeling that no one at Blizzard ever tried running or attempted to run or even saw anyone run, because male Tauren runs like a teenage girl.

Other two days i re rolled as a Worgen.
    There is no new blood elf model yet, that's why.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Absolutely. The old models were horrid in comparison to the quality of the models they push out today, and the difference was far too jarring. They really needed the update, and said update looks fantastic.

while i don't notice it on my own character as much, since armor, it's nice to see it on NPC for quests and the in game movies and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they were, but they need more work. If WoW intends to remain a strong contender in the MMO market, it's going to need to compete graphically too. I would say that WoW is now on par with the mid-range graphics of modern MMOs, which is a good place for it.

Faces of some models still need some work though, little fine tuning here and there.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    I don't miss old models, but on new models i STILL SEE ALL THE BUGS ALL THE TIME

Deleted
    Holy God yes. I can't wait for blood elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I do think they were worth it. But like someone else said; they're not finished yet. At least they don't seem finished.

Even if they are covered by armor, they still have improved/more varied voices, and some animations have been improved/smoothed out a bit.

In particular, I'm enjoying my human. Her running animation, some of her swings, her spellcasting animations, some of the sounds she makes are much more refined than they were before.

My tauren... eh, not a huge fan of the tauren female face (it hits uncanny valley in some places) but the movements are all top notch, MUCH more smooth animations. Thankfully, I always see her from behind and the only time I see her face is in the login screen.

We lost 2 raid tiers for new models. It definitely wasn't worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingoism View Post
    We lost 2 raid tiers for new models. It definitely wasn't worth it.
    Raid tier raid tier raid tier raid tier raid tier...

*rolls eyes* yes, let's not improve the core game, parts of which EVERYONE can enjoy, let's focus solely on endgame PvE and fuck the rest, right?

some of them turned out uglier (and way more buggy) than before, so no

Deleted
    Guys, really, there are different teams working on differant parts of the game, can we get forget the idea that new character models detracted from some other part of the game? Its not a trade off, like better models does not mean worse encounter design.