Deleted

Question Leveling 90 - 100

Hey guys, could you please tell me which spec/talent do you think is the best in order to hit 100 as fast as possible? I am going to buy 3 warlords crafted items so it's going to be pretty easy. I was thinking about going affliction and dot as many npcs as possible?

I leveled as Destruction with Mannoroth's Fury and just used RoF on everything but you may not be able to do that any more with the nerf.
    Try Demonology if you want to AoE.

I leveled all my locks as Demonology. It is nice to have metamorphosis up most of the time and you have a pet tank that can grab aggro on as many target as you want. Two very good Glyphs to get are Soul Consumption the heal you get from this is great. The last one is called falling meteor saves some times when you need to jump down a hill. One other one that make water walking is Nightmares. Good luck on leveling.

Deleted
    Thanks for the answers! I guess I will try Demonology

I did demo 90-100 with destro for dungeons. I'd also recommend supremacy grimoire, harvest life w' DL gyph, and HF glyph. Also glyph falling meteor since you will take shortcuts. If you have an engineering glider its less of a thing but I like it.

I tend to think Affliction will be the slowest of the 3 specs (this is only a guess I have no proof or anything!). First you have to apply your dots and then a lot of their damage comes from Haunt so that's another cast. Though you have lots of shards from Draining then you may not take advantage of the full Haunt length all the time. I personally levelled as duo and therefore chose Destro. Due to a lot of stuff dying you can Shadow Burn a lot and therefore have really sweet burst damage. So yes if you find Demo is not for you or perhaps lacking in burst (single target anyhow) consider Destro as a more than viable alternative. Ultimately the fastest spec will be the one you like playing the most I think! Good luck and have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    I tend to think Affliction will be the slowest of the 3 specs (this is only a guess I have no proof or anything!). First you have to apply your dots and then a lot of their damage comes from Haunt so that's another cast. Though you have lots of shards from Draining then you may not take advantage of the full Haunt length all the time. I personally levelled as duo and therefore chose Destro. Due to a lot of stuff dying you can Shadow Burn a lot and therefore have really sweet burst damage. So yes if you find Demo is not for you or perhaps lacking in burst (single target anyhow) consider Destro as a more than viable alternative. Ultimately the fastest spec will be the one you like playing the most I think! Good luck and have fun.
    Affliction has mobility where Destruction does not. You can pull 10 mobs at a time as Affliction and just tabdot/run.

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    Affliction has mobility where Destruction does not. You can pull 10 mobs at a time as Affliction and just tabdot/run.
    Not sure if the 10 mobs was a figure of speech but firstly getting multiples mobs and not dying in the process is no easy feat in my opinion and then Affliction has weak AoE to get rid of them before the pet and the lock dies. Of course all of this will depend on if you running like 500 or 560 item level. Oh well I accept maybe that I am wrong and I can see where you are coming from Novx but I stand by my original opinion. Like I said play whatever you want Alexpsk.

Deleted
    I advice against running demonology as a spec for aoe grinding, felguard tends to get really weak as you progress into spires of arak. Rapidly losing hp as you pull 2 to 3 mobs.

Deleted
    I leveled 1 lock in destruction and 1 lock in demonology.
    Destruction was faster.
    Demonology is amazing for the mobility with the glyph of meteors and I highly recommend it as a 2nd spec whenever you need to do big jumps.

Still, leveling is very quick no matter what the spec, and you don't need any ilvl at all as it is retardedly easy so choose whatever you like most.