Poll: Poll

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    You take 1-2 bosses away from most dungeons, you're left with 1-2.
    3 is what I like. I don't want a dungeon to last longer than 20 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    BRD was made in a completely different era of gaming. Things like that simply aren't feasible in today's MMO. Very, very few people want to (or are even willing to) spend 3-5 hours in a dungeon.

Do it like TBC did. Zangaramash had 3 dungeons with same themes. That was cool.
    I prefer this then having same dungeon with 3 tiers difficulty. Normal, Heroic, CM zzzz

Deleted
    Don't get the hatred for Dire Maul, That place was freeking awsome. Sure it was out in the boonies and a pain to get to, but it was a fun dungeon, back when dungeons somthing to do other than raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    noone needs large dungeons - brd and maurodan where horrible back in the days. and seeing fast 5 mans looses it worth in an expansion it would only be wasted time
    BRD was one of the best dungeons, way better than these 10 min facerolls put together without any thought.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirea View Post
    BRD was one of the best dungeons, way better than these 10 min facerolls put together without any thought.
    Vanilla dungeons difficulty came from the lack of gear and that classes were way different that what they are now, also most bosses had simple tactics... Wod dungeons has a wide variety of different tacs and mechanics, but the gear easy to get and the classes have mechanics now.

I rather have 20+ bosses in a single raid... the last time I spent 2+ hour in a dungeon was in hc shadow labyrinth and I want it to stay this way. If I join an LFR, Normal or HC raid grp I expect to spend more time there.
    Last edited by mmocbd16b602c3; 2015-01-04 at 01:16 PM.

Would love this and specifically being a 5 man dungeon not a raid.
    Raids are tuned for big groups, dungeons for max 5 man.
    BRD, original Scholomance and Uldaman are still the best dungeons in game to date.
    Dire Maul, Maraudon and original Sunken Temple were also awesome in their glory days.

Those instances are one of the reasons i'm at 11 characters. Every single leveling arch culminates around reaching those instances.
    Around the appropriate levels those are the only things to do just to prolong them, after BRD it's mostly the fastest route to max.
    Specially when dungeon leveling is a solid way to level from 1-60. Regardless of the LFD tool and most runs being through it, once BRD is in range i know what the LFD is there and simply choose good old /trade to get a group for full run over and over.
    Currently my chars are all 90+, but even with the current talent system and gearing with heirlooms. My intention is to start a new toon from scratch, first horde ever, just to experience those instances again, sadly some like old Scholomance or Sunken Temple aren't accessible anymore, but the rest still are.

The difficulty is subjective, with a decent group even back in classic or tbc the instances weren't too hard. The difficulty came with random pugs.
    It's as subjective as going in to raid with a pug, you can't expect everyone to be geared or skilled enough.
    But the difficulty was never the main reason at least for me what made these dungeons awesome.
    I still consider a full BRD run outside LFD being the best 5man experience in the game on a appropriate level toon, even if the survival rate is total faceroll.
    Full run is a mini sized adventure within a game based on adventure, just from the time consumption aspect.
    Unless you out level the instance by a large margin, it's still going to take some time.

Unfortunately many posters in the thread are right that this design would not work in the current game.
    LFD tool separating wings in BRD ruined it,
    the current player base cannot and won't invest several hours to one dungeon, the attention span is just way too short,
    CMs wouldn't really work in 20+ boss dungeons too well.

Although the current LFR design has been said that it finally is what it was supposed to be, a graphical representation of the raid. Nothing more, no mechanics, no gear, just a bulk of hp and graphical design of the instance.
    I think it could easily be replaced in to this 20+ boss dungeon content for 5 men, to be more valid.
    Keep the current 5 man content as the gearing content for raids and option for CMs.
    Replace the now useless LFR with long 20+ boss 5 man or two, 3 day lockout, with one difficulty somewhere between hc 5man and normal flex but tunedd for 5man, and no CMs. With LFR level gear.
    But from developer perspective there lays the problem itself, more designing, more work. Story archs might not be able to handle so many bosses.
    Last edited by Redecle; 2015-01-04 at 03:02 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    No BRD and Dire Maul were the worst dungeons.

Deleted
    I think every dungeon should be somewhat different, there could be ones with just 1 boss and ones similar to brd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im of the opinion that a mega dungeon every tier and 2-3 on launch would be great. They would have 7-20 bosses and be at least as big as something like Halls of Origination. They would be tuned like Cata launch dungeons prenerf or Tbc heroics, and would reward lfr gear and have a weekly lockout. Bosses would still last the standard time (somewhere around 2-4 mins).

Not gonna happen. I don't know why people even pose these questions.
    Queuing into "wings" of dungeons is retrofit. That was never intended to be the way the dungeon was approached, and is testament to how poorly the game was designed back then despite everyone remembering it so fondly.

WoD heroics take long enough with all the real players no longer doing them. No need to make this any more of an issue.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I wouldn't mind something like BRD as a thing you run maybe once a week, separate from the main dungeon queue. Or maybe it rewards only cosmetic items.
    Would love this.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    Last raid with more than 20 bosses was Ulduar, would love to see a raid that huge again.
    Why, are you unemployed? Confined to an insane asylum?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    No BRD and Dire Maul were the worst dungeons.
    You take that back!

Well Dire Maul was so-so...

But you take that back about BRD!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Yes if there was like no trash at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    raid are dungeons but larger with more bosses . just saying
    You are acting stupid, please stop.

I so, so, so miss huge epic dungeons like BRD.

How about just one, one truly epic dungeon for each expansion? The simplicity of a dungeon combined with the epicness of a raid...

Of course this would cost a raid tier (for real), but dungeons still have the most replay value for many people.

Of course it would take you an afternoon to clear completely, but the rewards could be equal or greater to running several dungeons in a row (preferring the former).
    Last edited by Malacras; 2015-01-04 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirea View Post
    Well you know mechanically BRD is a joke by modern standards.

It was cool in that it was big and complex (read: impossible to navigate) and felt like a real city. But there's nothing hard about it other than it wearing on people's patience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    I would be happy with a glorified Karazhan dungeon/raid in addition to our normal dungeons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

7+ Year Old Account
    Large raid 20+ bosses? yes, for a dungeon? /wrists

I'd like to see a complex with the following layout:

-3 wings
    -4-5 bosses per wing
    -Each wing can be queued into through LFD, but you cannot access the other wings through LFD.
    -If you have clear each of the 3 wings, there is a final optional boss that drops no gear, but drops something else of value (transmog gear, pet, mount, something along those lines)

ie if you want to do the full place, you can, and it's substantial, but there's no gear-related reason to grind it so you don't need to worry about it in LFG (and the fact that you can't access the optional boss in LFG avoids arguments about whether the group is going to go on or not, as well as people queuing up hoping to get one in progress and dropping if it's fresh.)