Page 1 of 2
LastLast

When Ass-Rogue With ilvl1 daggers DPSing Butcher.

BTW, this is Blizzard's perfect Class!

Felstriker Dagger now provides overall 1100 Crit in whole battle.
    Heartpierce Dagger nowprovides 20% haste in whole battle.

What a PERFECT CLASS.

Nerf incoming in 3..2..1..

Deleted
    23k DPS is low though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    23k DPS is low though
    -________-

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    23k DPS is low though
    Why won't you try a Warrior with ilvl 100 Sword comparing this ilvl 1 daggers?

The alternative ways for rogue to find a mythic raid place.

Recruiting ass rogue with Felstriker and Heartpierce for Mythic run.

lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard strikes again with their retarded "stat squish".
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Blizzard strikes again with their retarded "stat squish".
    I don't see how its related to that at all. If you put on a level 1 weapon you're essentially losing 100% of your weapon damage (and stats from the item), this is true regardless of things are squished or not. It just demonstrates assassin's complete lack of reliance on weapon damage in any form.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Meanwhile, if you're a warrior (fury at least, or arms in ST) and you don't have at least a heroic weapon, everyone will be shitting on you in terms of ST damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    I don't see how its related to that at all. If you put on a level 1 weapon you're essentially losing 100% of your weapon damage (and stats from the item), this is true regardless of things are squished or not. It just demonstrates assassin's complete lack of reliance on weapon damage in any form.
    That sucks, but then he might as well use the legendary daggers. Regardless, my point is that the difference in weapon damage between a current content one and those is a lot less than it would've been before 6.0.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

All this comes down to is how little assassination rogues rely on weapon damage for DPS, most of their damage scales off AP and mastery,
    Combat would be the opposite, I don't see the problem tbh, rest of his gear needs to be top notch to compensate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Urizen View Post
    I don't see the problem tbh
    You don't see the problem? Not sure if serious.

Pretty funny how many people can't grasp the point the OP is trying to make here.

Because the issue is nothing to do with assassination rogues, its to do with item effects needing to be nerfed,
    so many other items had their effect nerfed above a particular level, these were not thought to become an issue but they have because for assassination rogues weapons are almost a stat stick

If there was a shield with some uber effect like 20% chance to block 30% damage but it was level 50, I would be tanking with it right now, there just doesn't happen to be one and if there was, it would probably say 'Reduced effectiveness for monsters higher than level 60'

i remember Warriors using a gray item from a mob in WotLK to do some insane damage at low level BG's.

So another oversight.

I don't think Felstriker even drops anymore.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Rogues were like this for a while. You can find many videos of Mace Rogues during the Mace-stun era using vendor level 1 maces beating people. It's because all of their AP comes from stats and not weapons.

This is no different than if you took off say your chest piece on another class. You can still do decent dps, just lower. With rogues the only difference is weapon damage doesn't matter as much.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Rogues were like this for a while. You can find many videos of Mace Rogues during the Mace-stun era using vendor level 1 maces beating people. It's because all of their AP comes from stats and not weapons.

This is no different than if you took off say your chest piece on another class. You can still do decent dps, just lower. With rogues the only difference is weapon damage doesn't matter as much.
    But the problem is rogue DPS is now at the bottom and they "have" to find some ways to increase it.
    If one rogue have Felstriker and Heartpierce, it won't damage the DPS from the weapon but increasing the DPS comparing 2 Mythic Koragh Daggers. Is that reasonable?

Quote Originally Posted by MapleEve View Post
    But the problem is rogue DPS is now at the bottom and they "have" to find some ways to increase it.
    If one rogue have Felstriker and Heartpierce, it won't damage the DPS from the weapon but increasing the DPS comparing 2 Mythic Koragh Daggers. Is that reasonable?
    They'll just bandaid it by making those things not work at max level if its competitive, like they always do.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh hey I have a felstriker! AND A HEARTPIERCE!

LF mythic guild. 100k gold. (not really, I heal now, my rogues not even 100)
    You're a towel.

About 30% of Sin rogue damage relies on weapon damage, the rest comes from pure attack power. In addition, attack power is the major source of weapon damage - about 80% of white weapon swings damage comes from AP.

I'm wondering what kind of band-aid fix blizzard will attempt to do right now instead of major class redesign.