Problems with a Razer Anansi Keyboard. Lights off Gaming Mode on no buttons work.

So I have had my razer Anansi keyboard for nearly a year now. I also have a naga mouse of about the same age.

I currently have both of them hooked up to my alienware laptop but since it only has 2 USB ports I've had to use an extension with more ports to plug them all in(I plug my mouse to my main laptop and just use the extension for the keyboard).

I have had problems with this set up for a while now. Sometimes my devices will randomly disconnect and I have to unplug them and plug them back in to make them work. Minor annoyances.

Today when I went to plug the keyboard back in after it had disconnected it'self the lights that normally cycle through the colours were dark and the green "Gaming Mode" Light was on and none of the keys worked......(I also never use game mode). When I unplug the one USB that powers the keys and leave the one for the lights the lights come back on but the keyboard is still useless. leaving just the main power on and unplugging the lights doesnt work either. When I plug my keyboard into the extension a popup comes and says "Installing Razer Bootloader" and the keyboard doesnt show up in my Synapse Config.

I've tried plugging them both into my main laptop without the extension. I've made sure my usb port hubs dont auto turn off when I'm low on battery. I've turned it on and off. checked for synapse updates. Nothing works...... My mouse still works fine whether its plugged into the extension or the main computer so I know its the keyboard's fault.

A problem I've had with my mouse in just the past week is that it no longer lights up. dunno if its the Razer brand thats crap or if its something fixable.... this is my second mouse from them that the lights crapped out on..... Remind me to never buy from razer again unless I want to replace my $120 mouse every year -.-

Cant post my specs because I'm not allowed to post links :P
    Last edited by Stormfyre; 2015-01-05 at 04:11 AM. Reason: Added more info

15+ Year Old Account
    Probably just getting old. Check you warranty.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

did you find any solve?

hey im haveing the same problem as you is it that you have found that you gaming key board has a green light on with a g in the middle
    ive got a gaming keyboard from them too its a razer anansi and i got the same problems i have had it for about 6 months and i do not think the problem was how old it is becuase my one was working fine. then i went to work, when i come home i find that i can not use my keyboard. ive tryed to contact razer and they said they do not know what is wrong with it

Hi, I found solution, the problems is: firmware

I cant give u links, mmo champion dont leave me, but,
    go to:

....youtube.com/watch?v=CSovdOxbXWQ

and download the link of Nakayuma Akiyama, or:

Copy - paste in ur browser ignore the dots (...)

http : // ...

dl.razerzone.com/drivers/Anansi/win/Razer_Anansi_FirmwareUpdater_v1.02.exe

Its Worked for me, I hope worked for you.

Sorry my english.
    Last edited by demetrial; 2016-05-05 at 03:55 AM.