Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    "What class should I play" threads get locked all the time. This is just one in a different guise.

Bears are fine. What "utility" do you even feel its lacking?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    "What class should I play" threads get locked all the time. This is just one in a different guise.

Bears are fine. What "utility" do you even feel its lacking?
    Something to help out raid when it's needed. Toss a heal if and when needed, shield someone, maybe remove one or another magic/poison effect if truly needed? Only thing which lands in the raid beneficial category is NV and even then it has it's usages only in very special cases. DoC proc is way to random to rely on. Oh ye, raid wide runspeed in a group with many druids... Highly beneficial (true, can save people lives once in a while).

Not to mention our self survival which in some cases is abyssimal. SD - our main active mitigation, sure it can be considered as one, but what having 50:50 chance to dodge some melee attack, really? Guardian of Elune has it's usages, but you take that and you miss out on Pulverize, which is general miserable 12% reduction to all damage? Or Bristle Fur for 3 seconds. It's not enough. It's not fun when you have to pray for a crit or hope that healer is in range of you to put something on you, when a nasty big fireball is heading your way.

EDIT: Yes, we would be more then an okei class to play when we would get a "cool new toy" to reduce magic damage as well w/o sacrificing something major or bit more reliable "active mitigation" which could work against magic damage as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    Are you planning on cutting-edge progression raiding or world/server first challenge mode racing? If the answer is no, there really is no reason to reroll between the tanks atm. Guardian druids are excellent tanks. They have far more mobility then a dk/paladin, and deal more damage then a warrior tank to name a few advantages.
    No cutting edge progression nor do I care how much damage a certain tank class does. More is better true, but bears shine in AoE situations and if one runs with Pulverize then it kinda makes the single target DPS even worse.

Mobility, I have not really found the 15% extra runspeed that useful, wild charge requires a target and Displacer Beast puts you into cat form... and you can use maybe once or twice during the encounter. DK's are not great on movement as well. Warriors can leap, monks can teleport w/o being worried of coming out of your "tanking" form.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2015-01-05 at 03:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post

Monks Guard seems weak compared to Bone Shield, just due to the fact that the 26k damage it absorbs (at least the base absorb)
    You have to watch your resolve My Guards are between 250-400k Absorb and that every 30sec. There is no fight in HM where i'm not taking 30-50% less dmg as our pala / dk co-tanks.

Who ever plays better.
    i7-6700k @ 4.4ghz \ EVGA GTX 1080 FTW \ MSI z170a Carbon \ corsair hx 850 mod \ 16gb savage 2666 \ 4tb raid 1 wd black \ 256gb 600p m.2pcie
    HakudoshiFarsaj

No cutting edge progression nor do I care how much damage a certain tank class does. More is better true, but bears shine in AoE situations and if one runs with Pulverize then it kinda makes the single target DPS even worse.

Mobility, I have not really found the 15% extra runspeed that useful, wild charge requires a target and Displacer Beast puts you into cat form... and you can use maybe once or twice during the encounter. DK's are not great on movement as well. Warriors can leap, monks can teleport w/o being worried of coming out of your "tanking" form.
    I dont see why its an issue that displacer puts you in cat form. You're out of range from the boss anyway, for bosses like imperator where you kinda need at least 1 high mobility tank a druid does the job perfectly fine with displacer beast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    I dont see why its an issue that displacer puts you in cat form. You're out of range from the boss anyway, for bosses like imperator where you kinda need at least 1 high mobility tank a druid does the job perfectly fine with displacer beast.
    Agreed, if spoken about Mar'gok or even Kargath. But when you have some shit on you as well then it is not that simple, cause occasionally that shit on you when you Displacer can and will kill you. I would see high mobility if one wouldn't have to switch out from form (none of the other classes do). Not all the time.
    But still, you cannot dispel someone (yes, dispelling is useful when all healers are dead and you and some DPS are alive and someone is dieing to dispellable DoT), you cannot do a Root properly when you are tanking, cause again you are changed out of your form.
    Guardians are okei to play, but if you want to make "life easier" for your average raid group, bring some utility like a shield, dispel, kiting ability or heck - even a buff, you are just not the class for it. If the class gets tweaked hopefully at some point, I hope that guardians will be more that high HP manasponges.

Agreed, if spoken about Mar'gok or even Kargath. But when you have some shit on you as well then it is not that simple, cause occasionally that shit on you when you Displacer can and will kill you. I would see high mobility if one wouldn't have to switch out from form (none of the other classes do). Not all the time.
    But still, you cannot dispel someone (yes, dispelling is useful when all healers are dead and you and some DPS are alive and someone is dieing to dispellable DoT), you cannot do a Root properly when you are tanking, cause again you are changed out of your form.
    Guardians are okei to play, but if you want to make "life easier" for your average raid group, bring some utility like a shield, dispel, kiting ability or heck - even a buff, you are just not the class for it. If the class gets tweaked hopefully at some point, I hope that guardians will be more that high HP manasponges.
    The only thing a DK brings to a raid is damage and decent personal magic damage mitigation over other tanks, and since you dont care about damage output, I really cant think of a very good reason to reroll DK. I cant think of any sick DK utility, I could be wrong. Guardian certainly brings more then a DK in that regard.
    Last edited by willemh; 2015-01-05 at 07:15 PM.