Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

[BrM] Stats for Mythic raiding

Our guild has started doing Mythic and I'm one of the tanks. I'm trying to figure out how to enchant my gear. Atm my highest secondary is Haste. But I've gone for Vers/mastery and serenity most of the time. But Chi Explosion is really good for some encounters and therefor haste would actually not be that bad of an idea. Everytime I eat feast I get haste ofc so I remove two pieces of armor to get Mastery when I'm still doing Serenity.

But I'm not sure what to do here. What would the "safe" road be? which stat to enchant and buy gems for?

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/monk/b.../stat-priority has all the info you need (just setup your gear lvl and preferred weapon choise)

Please don't use noxxic as a reference for stat priorities. Stacking stamina doesn't help at all and you get better effective HP through mastery and bonus armor. You can use the following stat priorities, but in my opinion if you are raiding thus far with your gear and feel confident with it, stick to it because you are doing fine. These stat priorities are the ones you find at icy-veins.com.

Smoothing:
    Agility>Bonus Armor> Haste( to a comfortable point)>Mastery>Versatility>Multistrike>Crit

You take this priorities if you want a smoothing intake of dmg so your healer have a much easier time. The dmg you deal is lower, but you will be sturdier.

Control:
    Agility>Bonus Armor> Haste( to a comfortable point)>Crit>Multistrike>Versatility>mastery

I myself haven't tested this one yet but based on the site and the stats, you'll want to get as much Elusive Brews as possible and pre-plan the encounters so you know exactly when to use which cooldown. You will get more spike-dmg because your mastery is low, but because of Multistrike you will heal yourself better. I would recommend this stat priority if you want to actively control your dmg intake and if you can plan your moves ahead of time.

I think I can't link yet, just go on icy-veins.com and select the brewmaster. The guide there is based around a famous blogger named sunnier. She is an excellent source for everything brewmaster. You can find your blog here: sunniersartofwar.com

Sadly we aren't the tanks we used to be in mop where we top dmg meters and such. WoD brought us back to a "standard" tank feeling where surviving is key and the only fights where we do massive amounts of dmg are the fights where we get massive hits to the face like imperator or butcher (imperator has a bonus with the huge amounts of aoe/cleave we can do there).

You don't have to take everything I said as the one choice you have. Just try your ideas with ChiEx in the next heroic runthrough (this shouldn't risk much for your raid) and compare with previous runs where you went mastery/vers +serenity. Do you do more dmg? Is the dmg you deal more really worth the dmg you take more? Answer these questions and you'll be absolutly fine

EDIT: Grammar, sorry english isn't my first language
    Last edited by Fraky; 2015-01-05 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Salacnar View Post
    http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/monk/b.../stat-priority has all the info you need (just setup your gear lvl and preferred weapon choise)
    Damn... someone that doesn't have enchants or gems (that cost like 50g combined) and only did 2 bosses on Normal links Noxxic to someone that started working on Mythic.

It's so perfect :').

Bonus Armor and Mastery after should be a pretty good set-up for Mythic.
    Last edited by Ichifails; 2015-01-05 at 12:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    Damn... someone that doesn't have enchants or gems (that cost like 50g combined) and only did 2 bosses on Normal links Noxxic to someone that started working on Mythic.

It's so perfect :').

Bonus Armor and Mastery after should be a pretty good set-up for Mythic.
    I dont know who you are but the gem i need is like 3k on the auction house. Now if you are willing to pay them for me then oke if not GTFO

Deleted
    I dont know who you are but the gem i need is like 3k on the auction house. Now if you are willing to pay them for me then oke if not GTFO
    The thing is you don't even have the weakest one's

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebirthz View Post
    The thing is you don't even have the weakest one's
    i dont go for broke and go straight the best items/ gems and enchants

Deleted
    so you can't waste 500g to have your gear maximized? So you either complain the gems/enchants are too expensive and then complain that the cheap one's are not worth, so it's best to have none?

Just the cheap one's would give you 340 of the stat of your choice

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently you do go for broke by not paying for any at all. If you went for the best items, gems and enchants then you'd have them regardless of price.

Deleted
    Petition for Noxxic to be removed from the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Damn...someone looks up a posters armory for the sole purpose of bashing them in a thread.

It's so typical of the WoW community.

Of course, now the thread is about bashing the poor guy for not being l33t enough, and not about the OP at all. Typical.
    His armory is linked in his signature. Don't think it took a lot of work to "look it up."

And his post was snarky, but true. Noxxic is pretty universally recognized as a terrible site, and it's funny to see someone make recommendations that they themselves aren't following. Particularly given his "all or nothing" approach to item enhancements.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Damn...someone looks up a posters armory for the sole purpose of bashing them in a thread.

It's so typical of the WoW community.

Of course, now the thread is about bashing the poor guy for not being l33t enough, and not about the OP at all. Typical.
    Seems like he's getting bashed for very reasonable reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    Petition for Noxxic to be removed from the internet.
    But what website would I then send annoying people to?

Ps. I'm still saddened by your transfer.

~Kamb

Then say that. Tell the guy that Noxxic isn't great and to try another site and another stat priority. Problem solved.
    You can't find a discussion about Noxxic without almost literally everyone mentioning how terrible it is. I gave up raiding 1.5 expansions ago and I know it sucks.

Why, because he had the gall to speak to a MYTHIC RAIDER while not having good enough "geer and acheeves"? So we have to turn the whole thread into, "Haha, what a scrub this guy is, lets dogpile on him."

This is pretty much why I unsubbed. You can't walk a foot in WoW without running into this crap.
    No, because he is offering advice to someone on a higher play-level without having any idea of what is good, or having done it himself.

As to your unsub comment, the community is what it is. If that's truly the reason you left, I can't wait to hear which game you switched to, because it must just be chock full of compassionate, tender people who care about everyone.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraky View Post
    Smoothing:
    Agility>Bonus Armor> Haste( to a comfortable point)>Mastery>Versatility>Multistrike>Crit

You take this priorities if you want a smoothing intake of dmg so your healer have a much easier time. The dmg you deal is lower, but you will be sturdier.

Control:
    Agility>Bonus Armor> Haste( to a comfortable point)>Crit>Multistrike>Versatility>mastery
    What ? Last time i checked on brm is that bonus armor > mastery > crit >>>>> rest
    Haste should be our worst stat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by prinnybomb View Post
    What ? Last time i checked on brm is that bonus armor > mastery > crit >>>>> rest
    Haste should be our worst stat.
    Even saying "Haste to a comfortable point" is dumb because of how badly haste scales. Just go Power Strikes/Serenity and gg. No haste needed.

Who says I switched to any other game? It's not like you're compelled to always be playing an MMO.
    Based on your post history (specifically this one) you're still playing, so it sounds like you are playing an MMO.

Everything that everyone has ever learned, they learned for the first time at some point.
    And that's fine. Just learn the stuff before you go offering advice.

If he had been a 7/7 Mythic raider with full BiS gear, would that have made Noxxic any better? No? Then why bring his armory up at all?
    Because his armory shows that he has no experience in what he's talking about and isn't following proper advice. Thus, he should not be giving advice. Why is this such a difficult concept to grasp? If you don't know what you're talking about, don't try to tell others.

Addressing his armory highlights a lack of credibility, especially when it's a conscious choice to ignore gems completely, when they cost ~100g each, because you "go for broke." If you've seen a prosecution of any major trial you should understand the concept

Heh, posts like that are also why I unsubbed. (It's kinda the same topic, no?)
    You keep talking about being unsubbed, but I posted a link to you talking about playing yesterday.

How is he going to learn without...well, learning it first? So tell the guy he's wrong and move on, it doesn't need to be a, "lol ur geer and acheeves" dogpile over it.
    You learn by listening to others who know more. When you were in school did you tell the teacher how to use the Pythagorean Theorem, or did you read the book and learn to properly apply it?

1) His armory doesn't mean shit in terms of whether he's right or not. You're right if you're right, you're wrong if you're wrong, regardless of what his armory says.

2) If he gives bad information, address the information, not his armory. What purpose does that serve other than giving you something to pick on? If you're right and he's wrong, it should be a simple matter to point out the error and correct it.
    If his armory is right, then he'd probably be giving correct advice. If someone comes in telling me how to gear my lock and I see that they are wearing +spirit gear, I immediately understand that they don't know what they're talking about.

The OP got his answer and the respondent was told what he was doing wrong (and responded that he didn't much care). This pointless back and forth with you is not accomplishing anything other than to help me kill some time, so I'll bow out.

Deleted
    well... that escalated quickly :P

I'm just curious on what stat to enchant. Haste for more power == more chi, or mastery for more mitigation.

I agree that noxx is shiet and I also recommend everyone to avoid that pile of crap. Icy-veins is so-so, they are also wrong about a lot of stuff. I think the guide here is the best one out there but my problem is that since I have to switch between serenity and chi explosion, I've to choose a stat to enchant wisely. I can't afford to swap enchants every time I swap talent. 500g repair bill on last nights Mythic raiding does hurt quite a bit

So what would you all say. Haste or Mastery as an allround enchanting stat? Not the stat I prefer on gear, but rather the stat I want to enchant