Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Paying for Netflix ever when you can get it all free with a google search, the year is 2015 people.
    Hell yeah. Its *EZ* to find *TV* shows on the internet.

Who the fuck wants stacks of DVDs gathering dust anyway? Throw in all the season boxed sets with their cardboard sleeves and differing size its just a mess anyway so there can't be any satisfaction from collecting.

With storage being so incredibly cheap its so much more gratifying to run a HTPC (fancy code for your old fucking PC you just replaced with your new gaming rig) running raid for redundancy. Wirelss keyboard/mouse combo or a remote app for XBMC on your tablet/smartphone.

All the show art, posters, trailers, cast lists available in one spot, integrated with your music collection including sleeves and cover art, with youtube and your emulated game collection.

Good thing I am with iinet as they are committed to telling The Man to fuck off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenegade42 View Post

Who the fuck wants stacks of DVDs gathering dust anyway? Throw in all the season boxed sets with their cardboard sleeves and differing size its just a mess anyway so there can't be any satisfaction from collecting.

With storage being so incredibly cheap its so much more gratifying to run a HTPC (fancy code for your old fucking PC you just replaced with your new gaming rig) running raid for redundancy. Wirelss keyboard/mouse combo or a remote app for XBMC on your tablet/smartphone.

All the show art, posters, trailers, cast lists available in one spot, integrated with your music collection including sleeves and cover art, with youtube and your emulated game collection.

Good thing I am with iinet as they are committed to telling The Man to fuck off.
    cme's will render digital media useless as they fry the databases that hold the media and your hard drive. meanwhile i'll still have my physical copies.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenegade42 View Post

In glorious low rez shitty quality too!!! With shitty audio tracks! Wake me up when you can stream (or download to your HTPC) full uncompressed 4k video (or even 1080p) with HD Master audio

Funny seeing them exploring such ideas. Cause where I live, things like pay TV and video on demand have a tough time staying profitable anyway. Especially newcomers like Netflix (yes it only started service in 2014 here). People here generally just don't like to go out of their way as long as they have normal TV. And now they're thinking about getting rid of their only real advantage. Yes that's so going to help. Seems much like a self administered gut shot if they see it through.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    what is geofiltering?
    They find out where in the world you live and give you only those shows you're supposed to watch, and not their entire library. Another futile attempt to establish nation borders in the world's largest lawless zone.´Because all that does is increasing piracy, as you can see by reading through this thread.
    Last edited by The Kao; 2015-01-06 at 01:08 PM.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I agree. I was saying they don't have that going on. It seems like half the newer cop shows have these unrealistically tough female leads, 4'11" tall, 105 lbs, super hot, but able to take on 250 lb hardened criminals no problem in hand to hand combat.
    Yeah, it's such a stupid and common trope. I almost wonder if it's become so common that it has any effect on RL behavior - I hope people don't actually believe they can stand and fight someone with a hundred pounds on them.