Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[TV]Broadchurch (spoilers)

WORD OF WARNING, THERE WILL BE SPOILERS RAMPANT IN THIS THREAD, FOR BOTH SEASON 1 AND 2.

Holy shit... Who else saw that first episode?

I thought that they'd ease us in, start slow and build up the pressure over the course of the season but nope... RIGHT in with a beast of an episode.

David Tennant was outstanding as always, Olivia Coleman continues to be a legend and newcomer(to the show ) Eve Myles is excellent, no surprise there.

Also... FUCK that new QC, I know she wont get him off... But who would CHOOSE to take a case like that?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

15+ Year Old Account
    Going to watch it tomorrow, hope it's as good as the first season was.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this episode is anything to go by it will be

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    David Tennant is just so good. Loved the first season. So far really liking season 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    He really is... I would watch David Tennant or Olivia Coleman in pretty much anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... Episode 2 was even more intense that last weeks...

I'm starting to think Hardy actually IS the worst policeman in britain... I mean really, how did he think that meet would work out well? And why on EARTH would he have Millar standing outside? He knows she's not in the best standing with the town, considering her actions just made it that much easier for her husband to get off a murder charge... And then he leaves her standing outside of her house in broad daylight. You know Hardy is going to blame her, but it's 1000% his fault.

As for the trial... Urg fuck Bishop... She is the reason people hate lawyers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Finally caught up, holy shit. I was putting off watching it but then I got around to it and I was hooked again lol.

Yeah the meetup was a terrible idea in every possible way. Also I'm getting the feeling that it's the woman that killed the girls, not the husband (in reference to the Sandbrook case), probably wrong but something just seems off.

Also I think in reference to the Broadchurch case I think he'll get out, I can't see them redoing this story straight away without anything over the top happening. If he does get out he'll probably get murdered or do something even worse (hurt his own son or something).

Can't wait till next weeks episode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Finally caught up, holy shit. I was putting off watching it but then I got around to it and I was hooked again lol.

Yeah the meetup was a terrible idea in every possible way. Also I'm getting the feeling that it's the woman that killed the girls, not the husband (in reference to the Sandbrook case), probably wrong but something just seems off.
    Yeah, somehow the whole "Looks how super evil I am, as I sit her smoking like a 1940's gangster" thing just makes me think he's innocent... Add in him being Married to Eve Myles, who is an OUTSTANDING actress and I can't help but think they wanted her for more than just "Damsel in Distress"

Also I think in reference to the Broadchurch case I think he'll get out, I can't see them redoing this story straight away without anything over the top happening. If he does get out he'll probably get murdered or do something even worse (hurt his own son or something).

Can't wait till next weeks episode.
    Aye, I think Mr Millar will get out, then Mr Latimer is going to kill little kid Millar, as a kinda revenge thing. I mean it's super creepy that Millar has started hanging around with the son of the guy who killed his son... He's clearly planning something horrible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Aye, I think Mr Millar will get out, then Mr Latimer is going to kill little kid Millar, as a kinda revenge thing. I mean it's super creepy that Millar has started hanging around with the son of the guy who killed his son... He's clearly planning something horrible.
    Yeah for sure, especially the weird glances he does. It's super creepy lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah for sure, especially the weird glances he does. It's super creepy lol.
    He's just a bit of a wrong'n tbh... I was convinced he'd done it for most of season 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Woah... They're really dialing it up to 11 this season aren't they?

I thought the first 3/4 of this episode was fantastic. The resolution of the cliffhanger was a bit wishy-washy, but the rest of the episode was great. I'm rather curious as to Lee and if he ACTUALLY is innocent... I don't know why but I get the feeling Gwen may have been having an affair and it was her BF that murdered the two kids, possibly to get Lee out of the way... I just don't know...

Then we have the trial, which was really rather annoying. I know they're just doing it to build tension, but I swear that Judge is SO biased in favour of Mr Miller it's insane... And then the jury seem to discount without consideration all the evidence Hardy and Miller have built up, but believe without question, even when there's ZERO evidence to support it any wild claim Bishop makes... I mean FUCKING HELL, there is a grand total of ZERO evidence to Hardy and Miller having an affair, yet just because Bishop shouted a lot, badgered the witness and asked some REALLY loaded questions, suddenly people seem to be believing it... I mean why didn't the judge step in? Why didn't the prosecution ask for a single shred of evidence other than "Well, they were both in the same place at the same time, they MUST have been fucking!"... I hope they resolve all this in a satisfactory manor VERY soon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the first 3/4 of the episode was great (before the court case), but man that ending pissed me off so much. It's exactly like you said, there are facts and a lot of them that point to the husband doing it, yet that doesn't matter. Where as the person defending the husband brings up a bunch of bullshit with no evidence and states it as fact. It pissed me off so much.

There are a lot of news articles and reviews at the moment going on about how the court case in the show is completely wrong, all the stuff that is happening shouldn't be according to actual real life court.

As for the Sandbrook case, I really think he is innocent, he's a bit of a dick, but then again if you had been falsely accused of something and had to leave your life behind, move country etc I guess you would be rather annoyed. Gwen is definitely hiding something, maybe it's like you said with the affair, especially since the flower didn't come from Lee.

Edit - Said Gwen (thinking of Torchwood lol), i mean the wife of Lee.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's cool, I keep calling her Gwen as well, because if you say Gwen everyone knows who you mean

TBH they could almost do without the court case... Have the first episode be him getting sent down, then work in Gwen and the Sandbrook case, have it be Hardy's attempt at redemption before his inevitable death in the finalé.

And everyone I know who saw last night's episode had the same reaction "Great episode... Up until that stuff in the court at the end" My friend who is currently training to be a Barrister was particularly annoyed. Even more annoyed than he gets when people think he's training to be a Barrista

15+ Year Old Account
    Haha yeah true, Gwen it is!

I'm still hoping for a happy ending where Hardy get's with Miller, but I know it won't happen, personality clash and what not. I hope he doesn't die though.

The worst part is, it seems fairly obvious what's going to happen with the court case at the moment, and with all the problems with it, it's just going to make fans more and more annoyed as the season progresses.

Also I forgot, the show really wants me to hate Beth (think that's her name, the woman who just have birth). She hates the shit out of Miller for no real reason other than 'she was married to the person that killed my son'. Miller keeps acting nice and is clearly in a lot of pain, yet she treats her like shit. She'll probably come around, but it's still annoying lol.
    Last edited by Solidito; 2015-01-20 at 05:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't see Miller and Hardy hooking up... Just seems wrong. They'll go back to being semi cordial and working together, but that's it (if he survives of course ).

Yeah... I can't tell if they're just doing this to build tension, or if they're doing it because he's going to get off before the end of the season and something will happen then... Either way I'm starting to zone out during the court scenes.

I don't know... I can't really bring myself to hate Beth. Yeah she's being a bit harsh to Miller, but you can see why. First, she was married to the man that killed her son and then secondly her beating him up meant the confession was thrown out, making it FAR FAR more likely he'll then get away with killing her son. Add in she's pregnant so her hormones are all over the place and I think it's understandable for her to be as agro towards Miller as she is. I think she'll come around though.

10+ Year Old Account
    HOLY SHIT WHAT AN EPISODE!

This was what I've been wanting from Broadchurch! Less badly written trial drama and more SUPER intense suspense and mindfuckery.

I'm starting to think that Lee Ashworth has been innocent all along, I think Gwen was hooking up with Ricky for lots of naughty extra marital bondage, the daughter found out and they killed her to keep her quiet. I LOVE the actor playing Ricky Gillespie, he was superb in Misfits and he's just as good in this, mostly because even when he's just standing there, he looks like a total nutjob. One slight fuckup though... Miller checked Gwen's phone and said there were two numbers saved in it, Hardy's and the mystery number, that we then found out to be Ricky's... Yet early when Lee dropped off the Chinese food and text her, it came up as "Lee" not just a random number... Now to be sure she COULD have added the number in the last day, but still seems like a bit of a fuckup.

As for the Broadchurch case... I think those last two witness' were a slam dunk, again Bishop is reaching like a mofo with her first witness, making bold claims with little to no evidence, shocker, I'm starting to think she really doesn't know how a trial works...

AWESOME episode this week, just faultless, can't WAIT for next week.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it was a really good episode.

I'm with you, it seems that Ricky was the one that murdered the girls in the Sandbrook case, the other girl being missing still seems odd though (could be something to do with her, or she could just be dead lol). Also when Ricky saw Hardy's daughter I instantly thought something bad will happen to her at some point, maybe by his hands. It does seem like a bit of a red herring though, there is a lot of the season left, I think he'll become the main suspect but will be cleared at some point.

It did also seem like Lee and Gwen both had something to do with the murder, when they were in bed together and mentioned it.

The case as per usual was pretty annoying, Bishop as per usual reaching like you said, even her junior straight up said he did it.

Overall a great episode though.
    Last edited by Solidito; 2015-01-27 at 01:36 AM.

I think season 2 has been great so far, really tense. A step up from the first season in my opinion, although on the imdb board most people seem to argue the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it was a really good episode.

I'm with you, it seems that Ricky was the one that murdered the girls in the Sandbrook case, the other girl being missing still seems odd though (could be something to do with her, or she could just be dead lol). Also when Ricky saw Hardy's daughter I instantly thought something bad will happen to her at some point, maybe by his hands. It does seem like a bit of a red herring though, there is a lot of the season left, I think he'll become the main suspect but will be cleared at some point.

It did also seem like Lee and Gwen both had something to do with the murder, when they were in bed together and mentioned it.

The case as per usual was pretty annoying, Bishop as per usual reaching like you said, even her junior straight up said he did it.

Overall a great episode though.
    Agreed, that scene in totally not Nando's with Ricky was SO creepy. I don't know if it was meant to be forshadowing for something bad happening to her, or just showing off that Ricky is a serious wrong'n and clearly has SOMETHING for kids. Either way after that scene and the phone scene I'm now 90% sure he did it.

I don't think Lee had a direct role in it, but I think he knows more than he's saying, but he's trying to keep Gwen safe.

Best line in the episode for me, just after they were quizzing jo, to see if they could put him on the stand, they walk out of the room and the second blurts out "Fuck he did it! He totally did it!". Got to say I laughed pretty hard... Must REALLY suck to have to defend a guy you know is guilty... One of the many reasons I could never be a lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    I think season 2 has been great so far, really tense. A step up from the first season in my opinion, although on the imdb board most people seem to argue the opposite.
    TBH it's kinda hard to argue either way, as the season's only just begin... But I DO find the court scenes fairly annoying, which knocks the season down a few pegs.

Deleted
    Fixed the title for you. No need to have a thread for just a specific season