State of the classes

So i've been out of game for a while and only came backto checka few things out. I had preorderd the game but with WoD never had time to commit any to the game. I logged in a bit the last week and did the solo mode forged alliances onmy inq, merc, and marauder and found it relaxing to be able to solo them with the help of the droid.

Now my question is, how well did they balance out the dps classes for the xpac? All three of my toons are 58 and it seems my marauder is way ahead onthe blow shit up meters. Hows it look at 60 in OPs?

Also--do they offer solo modes for more of the content now?

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    So i've been out of game for a while and only came backto checka few things out. I had preorderd the game but with WoD never had time to commit any to the game. I logged in a bit the last week and did the solo mode forged alliances onmy inq, merc, and marauder and found it relaxing to be able to solo them with the help of the droid.

Now my question is, how well did they balance out the dps classes for the xpac? All three of my toons are 58 and it seems my marauder is way ahead onthe blow shit up meters. Hows it look at 60 in OPs?

Also--do they offer solo modes for more of the content now?
    So far most of what I see is burst VS sustained. I think most DPS classes are fairly even but some like the Marauder (especially combat builds) have a bit more burst vs what is sustained. It makes their DPS look good when leveling but evens out when at max level with the others and depending on the encounter. Compare that to my commando trooper, he does not have the best burst (its not bad) but his sustained is really good and being ranged he probably has more time on target then marauders given them being melee. The melee need a bit more burst at times as targets move.

So far it's not bad at all. I do miss hybrids but not that much.

There are 2 new flash points that you do running the story as they are part of the story and you can also do them solo. There fun as well. One of the nices things BW did was incorporate them into the story and then let you solo them if you want. Later on you can group run them.
    Last edited by quras; 2015-01-06 at 07:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I too came back a day ago, played on release for about 6 months as a Sorc. So coming into the game now in regards to specs changed alot, miss my lightning/madness hybrid build.

But like Quras said, the 2 offensive specs boil down to burst vs sustained. Can't comment on Marauders but for Sorcs, lightning is insane leveling. Force storm is crazy strong.