Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Wouldn't it be cool if Blizzard did what Steam is doing?

Steam implemented a little stream system that actually runs pretty well without hitting the performance of your computer and it only goes live when someone visits your channel. Would be cool if Blizzard did something like that with their Battle.net client. Sure, we can stream to Twitch.. But this would give another option for people to watch.
    Last edited by AdrianCC100; 2015-01-06 at 01:27 PM.

no one watches wow except to see girls

1) Why would anyone watch someone else play?
    2) Why would I want anyone to watch me play?

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    People stream in hopes to make money off ad revenue and subscribers. Easier to accomplish if you have huge boobs.

You guys really can't think of any reason you'd watch someone else play? Like none at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    You guys really can't think of any reason you'd watch someone else play? Like none at all?
    Other than hints at something I'm stuck on that I cannot get from reading, or seeing some successful kills of tougher bosses we are stuck on to get pointers, no. I would rather play a game than watch someone play. I do not need to see boobs. I have seen plenty in my day and they are nothing new.

None. Not a single one.
    A review? Sure, it's helpful.
    A greasy guy playing wow? It's the definition of pathetic

Deleted
    I don't know, but people do like to watch others play, considering Twitch.

He mentioned through Battle.net so I'd assume he means only watching your friends play.

And considering the overwhelming success of Twitch I'm surprised people think there's no reason anyone would watch someone else play.

Spectate Mode on Hearthstone, what's the point huh? Why not just play yourself?

Reasons I'd personally use it if it ever were a feature:

> Helping friends with a class, or what they're doing wrong and vice versa.
    > Watching a progress boss from someones PoV if you're benched.
    > Watching someone just for pure enjoyment, if I'm sat in my garrison talking to my friends on voice comm I would enjoy watching them play arena or w/e.

If you guys personally don't enjoy game streams doesn't mean everyone else doesn't.

Twitch.tv proves this quite heavily.

Deleted
    Do you even internet?

Deleted
    Only times I can really find this useful is to allow friends who perhaps weren't able to join in on the guild's raid but still allow them to experience it with the rest of their guild. Since both heroic and normal now scales from 10-30 that's no longer as much of an issue, but I suppose it could also be fun to spectate arena games or the like.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Meanwhile people making bank off streaming.
    I wish i had time to dedicate to streaming, the little I did was fun! If you make a name for yourself now on twitch who knows, this is only the start.

Streaming is cool when checking out a title that I don't own yet. Beyond that, spectating something that I can simply experience myself firsthand is just.... weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly? I can't. Not one reason. I never watch anyone play. Never have.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Streaming is cool when checking out a title that I don't own yet. Beyond that, spectating something that I can simply experience myself firsthand is just.... weird.
    What if you are trying to learn something new, like how to write macros, perform a certain group role (maybe I'm weird, but I like to do a lot of research before performing a central role like tanking), or doing some UI customization?

I myself am a streamer, and some of my viewers will turn on the stream and watch/listen while they do laundry, on break at work, etc. It's a way to access the game when you can't actually be 100% involved.

I watch streams for the dank memes

Quote Originally Posted by Doez View Post
    People stream in hopes to make money off ad revenue and subscribers. Easier to accomplish if you have huge boobs.
    Only if you're a woman, you might want to specify that.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what.”

Quote Originally Posted by Doez View Post
    You can see the person who plays as well? In that case, I do have those two assets that you mentioned, so maybe I could make some money

Quote Originally Posted by noralya View Post
    Ah yes, good point. I'm of the female variant of human, so no problem there

Deleted
    I am subscribed to 3 channels. I only watch wow on twitch for the female players and there are currently a lot of very fine ones. As subscriber you sometimes even get some fanservice, it's awesome. It's so sad that twitch established some rules that forbid to show a bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by noralya View Post
    Careful, there - there's an audience for everything.