Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

How much are you worth ($)?

I currently have $28,000 CAD in cash (with $6,400 of that waiting to plunge into the market next recession) and $4500 CAD in RRSPs (that's retirement savings)
    I currently have $195 in visa bill debt (that's my only debt)
    The only tangible assets I have otherwise is a $500 beater car and a $1500 computer setup.

So my net worth is about $34,500 give or take 500 in other things like change clothes and stuff.

BTW I'm 26 turning 27 this month

I'm wondering if this is consider "good" for my age and how other people stack up?

Seems pretty good in my opinion - for your age of course. I think my net worth is a lot less than that, maybe half that and I'm a year younger. Do you have a job? How come you have any visa bill debt while you have lots of cash?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm priceless.

You don't have any sort of life insurance or anything like that?

I'm worth...a lot. Yay life insurance.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I won't give numbers, but I'm quite solvent as far as debts (none currently, other than monthly recurring credit card bills that are paid in full each month). Enough savings in bank to live (basics) for 2 years if I needed too.

My retirement savings are decent, but those funky online calculators tell me I need MORE of course. So I'll be working another 15 yrs or so (just turned 52 today).

So I either need to find a rich man, or win the lotto.

Look up the minimum net worth of a 1%. /wave

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Seems pretty good in my opinion - for your age of course. I think my net worth is a lot less than that, maybe half that and I'm a year younger. Do you have a job? How come you have any visa bill debt while you have lots of cash?
    I have a job making $15 an hour which sounds good but my employer is scummy and only gives 60-100 hours a month (call center). I'm on disability (because of physical limitations) I make about $2,000 a month, so if I work less I get a bit more from the disability and vice versa. Only been on it for about 9 months (took 1.5 years to get on). I guess the $195 is not long term debt just monthly, its higher this month because I bought some amiibos.

Deleted
    According to Google I'm worth approximately
    3631.45 US Dollar
    This isn't taking into account my personal possessions (A ring my mother gave me if I ever intended to marry a girl, my grandfathers service knife, computer, etc).

EDIT; I'm not in debt and I qualify for educational scholarships and grants, that is, until I finally get around to applying for uni.

As much as I would like to brag about my current situation, I know a lot of it has to do with who I know and not as much to do with what I know. So I like to stay humble about it even though I am good a my job.

Deleted
    Asking how much a person is worth is kind of putting the question rather poorly :P

How much I got? Well I'm a uni student and spend money as soon as I get it and for the rest I live off my mom. So after mass calculating that would be the grand total of... €20,84. If you add my belongings that would be around €2000.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a huge but interest-free government student debt that completely puts me in the red. Probably won't even be fully rid of it until I'm in my 30s, probably going to pay a chunk off then buy a house. I do have five figures and climbing of retirement savings though thanks to superannuation.

10+ Year Old Account
    individually, I'm a poor grad student so I'm worth like nada.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not going to give out any specific numbers on the internet but I am currently owning the building I live in with no debts to speak off on neither the house or the car and steady employment. Its enough to live comfortably on with enough spare cash to deal with emergencies should they arise.

Its a decent chunk in net worth.

7 figures, not counting possessions. I'm in my early 20s

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    I have a huge but interest-free government student debt that completely puts me in the red. Probably won't even be fully rid of it until I'm in my 30s, probably going to pay a chunk off then buy a house. I do have five figures and climbing of retirement savings though thanks to superannuation.
    What country do you live were you get student loan debt with no interest? In Canada as far as I know you get a grace period of 6 months no interest from the date you graduate but after that you pay 19% interest, my friend just finished a 2 year program at a private school and came out with $35,000 in student loan debt.

Since I do not own any land, houses or cars, while my bank account is usually empty probably nothing. I am just a poor student at an average german university.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diablo3derp View Post
    What country do you live were you get student loan debt with no interest? In Canada as far as I know you get a grace period of 6 months no interest from the date you graduate but after that you pay 19% interest, my friend just finished a 2 year program at a private school and came out with $35,000 in student loan debt.
    Australia, the debt is subject to yearly CPI but is not subject to interest. Additionally, there's no 'due date' on the debt, but they do start trickling a percentage out of your pay once you hit a certain salary bracket.

Deleted
    around 80k USD i guess.

Small house 50k - car 15k - 20k in the bank - and around 5k for all the stuff in said house.

24y/o

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I'm priceless.

You don't have any sort of life insurance or anything like that?

I'm worth...a lot. Yay life insurance.
    I haven't got it manly because I have no wife or spawns and I don't own a condo/apartment/house. If one of those 3 things happened I'd get it quick.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm literally Bill Gates. ~$81B. This post cost me almost a million dollars.

But really, I'm ~10k in medical debt, but that won't take too terribly long to disappear. A month or so. I've got a few thousand in the bank at any given time.
    As far as possessions go, I've almost fully paid off my car, that's ~$38k give or take. A few thousand in computer stuffs. High 5 figures in my 401k, as I max it out and my employer matches quite a bit.

5 figure negative number. GG america's mental healthcare system.