Plan the best possible garrison team?

I know about Master Plan and Garrison Mission Manager for choosing the optimal assignment of followers to your missions. What I'm wondering though is, is there tool out there, web or in-game mod, that lets you input all of your collected followers and their traits/ilvl, active and deactivated, to build the best possible 20/25 man team?

10+ Year Old Account
    well, it's not quite what you asked for, but you mentioned Master Plan. All I do is, when at the command table, see how many counters it tells me I have of each type and try to have 3 each. So far I've been really unlucky with group damage, but I have 3+ of all the others. Get them to 645. Bam. Perfect team.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iriecolorado View Post
    I know about Master Plan and Garrison Mission Manager for choosing the optimal assignment of followers to your missions. What I'm wondering though is, is there tool out there, web or in-game mod, that lets you input all of your collected followers and their traits/ilvl, active and deactivated, to build the best possible 20/25 man team?

I have both of those addons installed and now get in the command table UI, a "missions of interest" tab which shows you which combos of your followers will be able to counter the most interesting missions and therefore which you should channel gear into. Follower Location Info is also nice.

I've got a decent setup so far, I'd just like to be able to play what-if with what my possible line-up could be.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've got a decent setup so far, I'd just like to be able to play what-if with what my possible line-up could be.

Lovely for sure with 10 epic mounts and 5 scavengers.
    Mmm... Bear!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?

All those epic mounts should future proof your roster if they inundate us with missions in the future. I keep 4-5 active and focus on racial stacking. [Alliance, so I have a ton of human and draenei]. I'm probably at the point where I should just start recruiting epic mounts every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    All I do is...see how many counters it tells me I have of each type and try to have 3 each.
    This really isn't optimal, considering that threats don't come equally, including missions with just a single threat. When looking at missions with multiple threats, various threat combos don't come up equally.

Quote Originally Posted by DisRuptive1 View Post
    This really isn't optimal, considering that threats don't come equally, including missions with just a single threat. When looking at missions with multiple threats, various threat combos don't come up equally.
    Then what's your suggestion? Instead of just saying "um, no"

Get the mission google spreadsheet that is available and analyze what missions you need. From that you should be able to design a team that is able to get every missions to 100%.

Or you could start a team with at least 4 racials with 6 different counters, that should give you a nice versatile team.

Deleted
    This is what i do:
    try to find followers that have 2 duplicate counters (and C(9,2) = 36 unique combinations of counters. With 25 random followers, there is great possibility to have some dups). Disable the one that have the less useful traits. Recruit a follower that have a counter you do not have a lot in your team. Level it. If it is not epic first, hope it won't be a dups of one of your follower. Repeat this process every week / follower you get.
    At the moment, i find it is the easiest way to optimize my team.

The optimal way of doing the optimization would be :
    - select every missions you want to do with 100% success rate (i guess highmaul missions )
    - for each mission assemble every possible team that get to 100%
    - of all these teams select the subsets that use the less unique followers
    - all the followers not appearing in these teams are the one you can replace.
    - now of all missions with less than 100% sucess rate, find which group of counter you need the most to be able to get to 100%.
    - Recruit a follower which counter the one (out of the 2 needed) that you have the less. Level it and hope when it gets epic that you have the right second counter.
    - Repeat every week until all missions are 100%

EDIT : A google search led me to this interesting article : http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments...maul_follower/
    Last edited by mmoc04102e0421; 2015-01-08 at 02:52 PM.

Deleted
    Orc with goblin/undead racial.
    Undead with goblin/orc racial.

Now if only my inn would give me a goblin pop up when I filter for orc or undead racial. 5 weeks now and none spotted yet, sigh. 4 different counters already so far on those 2. Once I get a goblin with just even 1 matching racial I think they have 100% on all possible missions afaik. Rest I just wing it for now tbh. Slowly replacing "useless" trait followers with orc/undead racial ones. 3 scavengers enough for now although one with massive strike counter is on my must have list. 3-6 of all counters and a whopping 9 counters for deadly minions for some reason.

Thing is when looking longterm, it's probably best to go for a 5-racial trio. Once new tiers and/or patches are released there will likely be new missions that require higher ilvl than current max is. So unless you plan on stocking up dozens (a few hundred?) follower item upgrades, only needing to upgrade 3 is going to best by far. I do have quite a few armor upgrades stacked (slacking on weapons because rng), but you never know when they may make these not work over 655 ilvl to gate the new missions.

I'm pretty jealous because I have 18 followers with minion swarms. Such bull crap.

On topic, I think you need to ask yourself what you are trying to be "the best" at. If it's highmaul missions (arguably the most important missions for raiders at least), then there's a guide for that http://www.wowhead.com/guide=2863/hi...missions-guide.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    I'm pretty jealous because I have 18 followers with minion swarms. Such bull crap.

On topic, I think you need to ask yourself what you are trying to be "the best" at. If it's highmaul missions (arguably the most important missions for raiders at least), then there's a guide for that http://www.wowhead.com/guide=2863/hi...missions-guide.
    Feel your pain... 13 with powerful spell... and all of them have another counter i'm short on, or epic mount/scavenger which makes them bad to reroll.
    Inn ftw...
    Mmm... Bear!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ielengsabi View Post
    I'm probably at the point where I should just start recruiting epic mounts every week.
    Count your number of draenei followers - then recruit Ally of Argus trait and hope that one of the 3 you can recruit turns out to be a draenei race too.
    Rinse and repeat - profit!

3x draenei chars all having the ally of argus trait will give a huge boost to your mission success to the point where you can ignore most of the counters.
    Mmm... Bear!

For me, I use MasterPlan's "missions of interest" tab, that has all the HM missions/high GR missions, and make sure I've got them all up to 100%.

Then I stack epic mount, scavenger, and fortitude via inn recruiting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wengel View Post
    Lovely for sure with 10 epic mounts and 5 scavengers.
    I swapped out all my scavengers. Resources aren't exactly scarce after your first few weeks.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Racial traits are massively underrated, if that's not a consideration in your plan then you're doing it wrong. (unless your only goal is to 100% Highmaul missions, but that's not the stated question)
    Last edited by aggixx; 2015-01-09 at 10:37 PM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm making a gnome farm on my druid.

Why you ask?

Because I can... Bunch of gnomeloving gnomes...
    Jeffrey Kaplan: The real goal is throughout the Warcraft games how many times can you kill Mal'Ganis?

100% on all current missions and 100% on all 4 BRF raid missions.
    Last edited by babalou1; 2015-01-12 at 07:27 AM.