Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

First BoE epic from Salvage, what about you?

Whats the best thing you've gotten from a crate? Doesn't have to be a BoE epic but something that netted a hefty amount of gold!

Today I got the lvl 100 BoE ring with spirit, drawing dead on the name right now. But it got me a cool 61k
    "If you don't know who I am -- then maybe your best course is to tread lightly." - W.W.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've heard salvage was op. Maybe i shouldn't have upgraded to level 3. I haven't gotten anything good out of it yet.

'best' in terms of money was the Caster trinket early on, sold for 80k, but I've got 3 665's so far and an absolute shit ton of epics in general from old content.

8 lvl 665 epics -

Two bulwarks (those sell decently on my server, 40k+).
    one healer neck (15k or so).
    one plate helmet (20k or so).
    Two agility cloaks (one early on for 45k, one for about 20K).
    one int cloak (25k or so).
    one healer cloak (15k or so).

No "big lottery"-items yet, sadly.

Interesting, Xs are you just running on one character or multiple alts? I didn't know old epics would drop. Ive gotten several blues but today was the first epic of any level

- - - Updated - - -

Same question to you Dracodraco, you running multiple alts with salvage or just getting lucky
    "If you don't know who I am -- then maybe your best course is to tread lightly." - W.W.

I got a 665 tanky ring that I sold for 16k a week or two ago and a tanky cloak for another 14k around the same time. I also got a 665 mail belt that I gave to my ele shaman since that toon doesn't raid much anymore. All with level 3 salvage yard
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

I've gotten :

Scabbard of Kyanos
    Genesaur Braid
    Firecrystal Chain
    Blackrock Bulwark or something
    and 1 cloak with spirit

No current content epics. Only two I got were classic (Lei of Lillies), and Cata (the cloth helm that matches the priest set).

Grantedly, I own 3 World BoEs, and only paid for 2 of them (15k for the Str 665 Cloak, 40k for a Scabbard, and was gifted a Blackrock Bulwark by a guildie).
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

10+ Year Old Account
    3 so far, as well as multiple old epics.
    Agi cloak
    Mail shoulder
    Healer neck

Knobbly Ancient's Tendril (sold for 10k)
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

haven't really had much that sells well, only vendortrash so far, but a lot of nice stuff to give to my followers. problem is my warrior keeps getting weapon enhancements but needs armour and my warlock keeps getting armour and needs weapons...
    did get a very nice transmog staff for my shadow priest though, Communal Stave, it doesn't show up on the 3D model but the purple orbs float around the top, especially appropriate for shadow priest

I've opened 264 big crates. I have received 0 purples from any tier. In 47 of the big crates, I received only a single grey item. I average 2 greens, 2 greys, and .3 follower augments per large crate. Every 11 crates, I get a blue of the soulbound 'transmog' class set.

Edit: Also, I've received 2 grandiose missions and 1 Highmaul Cache, despite 100% of my followers being 100, and 85% of them being 630+ geared. All were pieces that could not replace my current gear. Obviously, I've done something terrible to anger RNGesus.
    Last edited by Raincrow; 2015-01-07 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatte View Post
    Interesting, Xs are you just running on one character or multiple alts? I didn't know old epics would drop. Ive gotten several blues but today was the first epic of any level

- - - Updated - - -

Same question to you Dracodraco, you running multiple alts with salvage or just getting lucky
    Four chars right now. First two levelled/missioning by the first week, two others the week after that.

No WoD epics for me.

It's pretty frustrating.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Raincrow View Post
    I've opened 264 big crates. I have received 0 purples from any tier. In 47 of the big crates, I received only a single grey item. I average 2 greens, 2 greys, and .3 follower augments per large crate. Every 11 crates, I get a blue of the soulbound 'transmog' class set.

Edit: Also, I've received 2 grandiose missions and 1 Highmaul Cache, despite 100% of my followers being 100, and 85% of them being 630+ geared. All were pieces that could not replace my current gear. Obviously, I've done something terrible to anger RNGesus.
    I've lost count how many boxes I've opened up on my 3 toons, so it's hard to say on the RNG part. How long ago did you get your first highmaul cache? It's generally every 2 weeks after the first that you get the next.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

3 Boes that boosted my money to around 150k
    But that was like a month ago before the nerf. Right now im getting only northrend and up greens...

I've had salvage running since 3 days after WoD launch. I have 7+ big crates every day now, and I STILL haven't gotten a single BoE.

Maketh me sad.

.....and here I am, I was happy that I got a 645 follower weapon this morning.

Heh.

I've not gotten any epics at all whatsoever. But then I assume those only come from I-level follower missions? I just started getting 615 missions, finally.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatte View Post
    Whats the best thing you've gotten from a crate? Doesn't have to be a BoE epic but something that netted a hefty amount of gold!

Today I got the lvl 100 BoE ring with spirit, drawing dead on the name right now. But it got me a cool 61k
    Two BOE 665s. They didn't sell for much ($#&! Versatility), but I'm not going to cry about 40k gold I wouldn't have otherwise.
    Last edited by Vulcanasm; 2015-01-07 at 02:46 AM.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Salvage is so OP its stupid. You're pretty much forced to take it