Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Malzra View Post
    Is Arise any good? I haven't seen it yet.
    It wasn't bad, soundtrack is garbage though.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    It wasn't bad, soundtrack is garbage though.
    Some parts of the soundtrack were kinda nice. At least I liked some of it. Very different from how it was done in the past, but that isn't always a bad thing. To be completely honest I liked the music from 'making a cyborg' only the first time I watched the original movie, and it was intolerable after that. The Solid State Society opener "Player" on the other hand was great, as was the "Rise" in the Individual Eleven arc. Everyone has their own preference though.

As for the Arise, I watched the second and third movies several times, the first one a good number as well, but the fourth I only watched once. The fourth wasn't bad, but it honestly felt like it was made with the expectation that they might be making more. People that are extremely hung up with anything that was established in the previous anime series or movies, might not take too kindly to the Arise movies, because it is a flat out reboot. Initially the Arise series was called a prequel, but the liberty they took on a lot of things, it's better to label it a reboot. The Arise characters are also a lot more inline with their manga counterparts from the early 90's. Motoko wasn't a sex symbol/fan service heavy in those really, she was called the gorilla woman because she was short tempered and heavy handed. She sticks to that in Arise. I'm not saying that I didn't like the earlier anime interpretations. The SAC Motoko with all of her coyness coupled with moments of bad assery is great, I love it, but that wasn't how the character was initially written/envisioned.
    Last edited by kendro1200; 2015-01-10 at 06:39 AM.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

Quote Originally Posted by frozenkex View Post
    Most anime characters dont resemble anyone japanese, if anything they resemble someone western. Either way anime characters dont look like real people in most cases so its an unreasonable demand to ask for actress to resemble an anime character. Anime characters don't look realistic, which is fine cuz its anime.
    Yeah this is my opinion on it too. Don't really care what race the actress is in live action movies, because anime characters don't even look Japanese.

As for the movie itself, I'm about 99% sure it'll be terrible like all other live action adaptations of anime. The real question is will the Ghost in the Shell movie be as awful as the WoW movie is going to be, and honestly I'm not sure, that's gonna be some tough competition. I expect both to bomb terribly.

For those interested - http://sgcafe.com/2015/01/akana-tsun...collaboration/

For its 25th Anniversary celebration, a new Ghost in the Shell anime movie will be premiering this early Summer 2015, and to promote that movie, a new cross-over collaboration has formed with fellow futuristic SciFi crime thriller, Psycho-Pass. A new promotional image has been released and it features Ghost in the Shell’s iconic main character, Motoko Kusanagi taking on the enforcers and inspectors of Psycho-Pass, led by Akane Tsunemori.
    And a vid for the new anime ghost in the shell movie -

Great for me Psycho-Pass is one of my fav anime series.

New Psycho-Pass movie premiered yesterday in Japan -

Last edited by Miyani; 2015-01-10 at 10:44 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    You cared enough to post.