Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    all this whine, "we're not topping list, omg give us a crazy buff" all i see, and im tired of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbywan View Post
    all this whine, "we're not topping list, omg give us a crazy buff" all i see, and im tired of it.
    Perhaps you should read more topics on these forums and realize we are not complaining about numbers, but about core mechanics.

Warlocks don't deserve any damage buffs

10+ Year Old Account
    I am sure we totally need another of such threads around...

You totally could not handle to post in this thread? http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Log-links-Lol

Deleted
    Locks are fine in Highmaul if you have gear. Sure we're not Hunters or Mages atm, but the reality is it doesn't matter now.

In Blackrock Foundry there'll be alot more complaints though. Try doing Hans/Gretz the conveyer belt boss as a Lock. A few fights there make Tectus look like Butcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Just shows that Blizzard has no idea how their own game works. It's sad how far Blizzard has fallen over the years
    "Warlocks should always be top dps or the game is broken"
    Mother pus bucket!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Numbers are not the problem, we all know numbers are fixable easily, bit low but nothing drastic, the assessment is reasonable, but only in the context of dps output.

It seems that they are clueless in absolution that the issue is the derisory rotation that were stuck with when playing a lock in all specs (that includes demo if you go optimal and turn yourself into a demon bolt turret). Mechanically were so slow/unreactive to play, apart from fight mechanics, procs - trinkets/externals which every class has on top, we have nothing interesting to do while putting out our rotation. Our raid utility is non-existent, were upset because the class is dumbed down to the point of being simplistic/dull to play, not much fun...

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Saying a class is fine merits buff or nerfs from blizzard. They will probally buff us in some way, or punish us for excelling at one fight in foundry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Warlocks don't deserve any damage buffs
    Good reading skills you got there.

Deleted
    Classic troll replies, if you actually read any of my posts I said I main a ret paladin. It's just strange how blizzard don't see the problems warlocks face at all, which is basically all to do with the spec mechanics. Like people say (and I do agree) numbers aren't the problem. The rain of fire change was because they didn't want warlocks to use it single target. Why not? Arms uses whirlwind single target demo has hand of gul'dan, ret has divine storm. Better to nerf what destro was good at. Soul shard generation feels really, really RNG and demo is very clunky, especially with the mandatory demonbolt

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lukesh View Post
    locks may be balanced number wise but mechanic wise the class (every spec) is a complete mess. and it seems that blizzard is ignoring that fact, which is sad.
    This. They use to be fine and I not talking about damage so much as I am in how they are played now. They feel slow, sluggish. Annoying to play now instead of being fun. Oh well, on the bench mine goes and I will concentrate on other chars classes I have which are more fun to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiennar View Post
    Perhaps you should read more topics on these forums and realize we are not complaining about numbers, but about core mechanics.
    Destro and Demo play almost the same as MoP versions. Affli is the big outlier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Demon bolt, Rain of fire, No mobility, No fel fire. Chaos bolt damage much lower thanks to charred remains, crit is so low that we need 6+ targets to keep up fire and brimstone, if we are low on embers you need to single target just to generate embers to start doing AoE.

But yeah, almost the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    This, i dont play destro/demo that different at all when not running demonbolt. The only thing with destro is that they messed up rain of fire. Affliction could use some work, but numbers wise warlocks are very competative.

If Warlocks weren't fine Sparkuggz wouldn't be pulling the numbers that he is, sounds more like a l2p issue in this situation rather than the class not being tuned properly.

a guildie around 650 ilvl is pulling ~22k dps on heroic imp, how much would you want to do with this ilvl ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks are fine, they are not doing 50% less damage than other classes, they are not broken beyond unplayability, they are fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    If Warlocks weren't fine Sparkuggz wouldn't be pulling the numbers that he is, sounds more like a l2p issue in this situation rather than the class not being tuned properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Warlocks are fine, they are not doing 50% less damage than other classes, they are not broken beyond unplayability, they are fine.
    Read the topic, number is not an issue. For people to come in a topic and blissfully exclaim that a class isnt broken, yet having no idea themselves is far from constructive.

And the sparkuggz reasoning is even more annoying. Its not hard pushing high numbers if you are overgeared in comparison to your guildies, is it?

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    I've never been one to piss and moan on the forums, my only complaints about locks have been a few quality of life issues, or desired PvP centric buffs.
    But I was watching a Method stream when the mage buffs came out. I believe it was either their SPriest or Mage, but they were talking about justifications for the buff, and someone said frost is fine how it is if played right, but 90% of the people playing mage are not playing it properly so Blizz buffed it, around the lowest common denominator. Maybe I'm attributing the statements to the wrong people but I'm willing to wager my check on it being a Method stream.
    So saying L2P around the top 1% seems silly, even if I agree on not seeing the need for flat damage buffs to anything minus non demon bolt demonology which would require a talent rework most likely.
    Last edited by theostrichsays; 2015-01-07 at 02:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

I've never seen a CM who actively trolls players.

Been playing for 10 years, Bashiok is the first dev I legitimately think shouldn't have their job.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lukesh View Post
    locks may be balanced number wise but mechanic wise the class (every spec) is a complete mess. and it seems that blizzard is ignoring that fact, which is sad.
    agree completely it would suggest they need someone on the team that actually knows how the locks have been over WOW's life and try and get the best solution
    they seem totally clueless why people are so upset over the changes.