Deleted

[WeakAura] SPELL_AURA_APPLIED not working?

I'm trying to track the ICD of Glyph of Gag Order - that is, the 15 sec where Pummel and Heroic Throw will not silence target.

From combat log: 1/7 12:33:09.398 SPELL_AURA_APPLIED,Player-1403-053A4EB5,"Ievz-Draenor",0x511,0x0,Creature-0-1403-1116-3-78462-00002D14C6,"Territorial Meadowstomper",0x10a48,0x0,18498,"Silenced - Gag Order",0x1,DEBUFF

To create this aura I've added the following trigger (no filters in load):

Type = Combat Log
    Message Prefix = Spell
    Message Suffix = Aura Applied
    Source Unit = Player
    Destination Unit = Target
    Spell Name = Silenced - Gag Order
    Hide = Timed (15)

Nothing happens. What am I missing?
    Last edited by mmoc0b3cb0c063; 2015-01-07 at 12:54 PM.

Im pretty sure its just Gag Order not Silenced - Gag Order. That is just saying it silenced them.

Deleted
    There's no "Gag Order" in the combat log, and WeakAura doesn't recognize it.

You could just redo it based on when the aura was applied to the target.

Aura > Debuff > w/e debuff name is(unless it isn't like CS that has one) and set a hide timer? idk.

Deleted
    Can't set hide timers on auras, and inversing it (to show when Gag Order - Silenced is not up) won't get me anywhere.

This is not even an advanced aura; this is how most would track their trinket ICDs. But for whatever reason I haven't gotten it to work since WOD shipped.
    Last edited by mmoc0b3cb0c063; 2015-01-07 at 01:45 PM.

Ya because the Combatlog part doesn't work. You will need to make a second trigger(still use the Aura for when its applied so it can see it) then you would need a custom trigger to hide it(I personally don't know how to make it but there is a way in code to do it) and make that code just auto hide after the first trigger / debuff is applied. Since Aura works there def is a way but the original way def just doesn't work anymore with this select debuff i guess?

Deleted
    Sounds like I've missed a major change in how WA/CombatLogs work. Got a link?

How would you track the ICD of a spell or item?

No you have tracking the ICD correct. The problem is this one specific spell and the combatlog i guess.

Spell_Aura_Applied
    Player
    Target(if debuff)
    Spell Name
    Aura Type
    Hide in X

The problem is somehow this debuff doesn't work. Im messing around with it myself atm haven't seen a way without making a secondary custom trigger to do the hide after 15sec for the ICD. Since im not someone who can just make code from scratch I can't do much unless I can find a partially done code that has hide function in it already.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL ok so I got it....

This is fucking stupid.

So basically just do this.

Event
    Combatlog
    Spell Aura Applied
    Source Unit - Player
    Spell Name - Silenced - Gag Order
    Aura Type - Debuff
    Timed - 15

(Don't have destination Unit checked at all lol.)
    Thats it... works perfectly GG

Had a sense if it wasn't working something was up with how this debuff is applied and I guess its not technically applied to the target? W/e it works.
    Last edited by Jellospally; 2015-01-07 at 02:01 PM.

Deleted
    Funnily, you need to set the Aura to Debuff or it won't work.

Did the trick though, thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Things just got weirder.

Apply the same logic, but this time we're trying to track the weapon enchant Mark of Blackrock's ICD. No Destination Unit, Aura set to Debuff, timed at 40 sec (or 28 sec if using SPELL_AURA_REMOVED). Nothing.

Wouldn't Blackrock be Buff not Debuff to track the ICD?

Deleted
    Tried that but got nothing, so I resorted to less logical solutions.

Blizzard seem to have gone a bit ... odd with the whole buff vs debuff thing. Awesomefish in a debuff, for example. I mean, it kinda is because stupid, but normally I would have expected it to be like the BFF necklace -- a buff, because it is positive. So who the heck knows what they were thinking in WoD?