Deleted

SnD does snapshot wth Bleeding Hollow !

Hey guys,

You know that SnD scales off mastery as Subtlety rogue. This means mastery buffs affects SnD's effect.
    One interesting interaction with buffs i observed earlier is that Mark of Bleeding Hollow can be used to refresh SnD. Abilities are supposed to be dynamically scaling to character's stats nowadays. This is not the case for SnD :

- SnD is buffed during Bleeding Hollow which increases it's AS increase effect (I observed 58% -> 63% on my tooltip).
    - The buff is effective only when you refresh SnD.
    - The additional AS buff from the +500 mastery increases keeps going after Bleeding Hollow's buff vanishes.

It means that if you refresh SnD during Bleeding Hollow , you'll get increased effect for the entire SnD duration.

Moreover, as a subsequent conclusion to this buff, Shattered Hand will proc more often with this additional SnD increase.

Therefore this snapshotting brings out a double dip when running Shattered Hand/Bleeding Hollow combo.

I need some people to run tests whether it's better trying to optimize this combo instead of Frostwolf/ Shattered Hand combo.

I put Bleeding Hollow on my OH last night an with my trinket mastery + the BH buff up my SnD was at 80%.
    I believe your rupture counts as a finisher as well so if you re-apply Rupture with it up as well it will tick for additional damage.

Deleted
    Rupture is a dot therefore it updates dynamically with your buffs, the ticks during your Bleeding Hollow will be empowered but the following ticks will revert to normal damage.
    SnD s a finisher too but not a DoT so it could have passed through Blizzard attention when attempting to remove snapshoting.

iv been wondering the same as the OP
    iv seen a lot of Frostwolf/ Shattered Hand combo even after shattered hand proc was nerfed. even though something like frostwolf and bleeding hallow SHould be better.
    also iv noticed SnD was having this effect and totally thought it was as intended... its not dealing damage just increasing our passive damage.
    so far this xpac anytime I have a lot of mast buffs up I'll refresh a SnD even with 10secs left on it to put up a 45sec SnD...its pretty sweet and hopefully well known and intended