Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Echo of the Elements

Is it possible to somehow macro Lava Burst into Lightning Bolt/Elemental Blast so it would cast Lava Burst if available and the other spell if it isn't?
    EotE just feels so clunky.

No. Back 2005-2006 before CastSpellByName became a protected function, probably.

It should be something along the lines of

#showtooltip lightning bolt
    /cast lava burst
    /cast lightning bolt

I haven't tested this though

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    On the other end of this is there a way with weak aura or something to track when its off cooldown so I can use the ability I want to double up on?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuhkis View Post
    Is it possible to somehow macro Lava Burst into Lightning Bolt/Elemental Blast so it would cast Lava Burst if available and the other spell if it isn't?
    Yes it is possible, though it's secret!

Quote Originally Posted by kaktus11 View Post

/cast lava burst
    /cast lightning bolt

I'd imagine if you used that you'd just get

"Casting Lava Burst"
    "That spell isn't ready yet"
    "Casting Lava Burst"
    Last edited by Anzen; 2015-01-07 at 04:09 PM.

Deleted

/cast lava burst
    /cast lightning bolt

This only casts Lightning Bolt once and after that it starts spamming the "Spell is not ready yet" warning.
    I tested.

EotE just seems really clunky when you have to spam LB for 0.2sec after cast is completed.

Well that's not ideal. With the lb movement changes you could just juke and cast I don't know if id be worth it to make one button dps ele rotation is already pretty easy

Deleted
    Well that's not ideal. With the lb movement changes you could just juke and cast I don't know if id be worth it to make one button dps ele rotation is already pretty easy
    It's not about Elemental rotation being hard, i got that perfectly in control.
    It would just make it easier to chain LBs with EotE.

Echo has a built-in spell alert. You need to make sure to respond to it and queue another lava burst for your next spell instead of a lightning bolt. Just realize that with echo a much larger portion of your rotation will be going into lava bursts than if you weren't specced into it (however, that should not change your playstyle much).

Quote Originally Posted by Tuhkis View Post
    I'm do tired of seeing the word clunky. If seeing that your eoe proc'd and lava burst isn't on cd is clunky, then I think you need a better understanding of what clunky means. Do you want eoe to automatically cast lava burst for you?

By clunky, he may be referring to the situations where:

1) EotE procs just before your Lava Burst finishes, but you have already queued a LB and can't switch fast enough.
    2) EotE procs immediately after casting a Lava Burst. Now you have to wait 8 seconds or get a proc. It can FEEL like it procced right before the end of the cast, but Lava Burst remains on CD.

I think clunky is a good adjective. I still use and like the talent, however.

Quote Originally Posted by freddy090909 View Post
    Echo has a built-in spell alert. You need to make sure to respond to it and queue another lava burst for your next spell instead of a lightning bolt. Just realize that with echo a much larger portion of your rotation will be going into lava bursts than if you weren't specced into it (however, that should not change your playstyle much).
    Regardless if your screen glowed red and span in circles when Lava Burst procs, it will still be optimal being able to cast Lava Burst with a macro. There are plenty of times where Flame Shock has ticked milliseconds before I finish my Lightning Bolt cast and gives me a Lava Surge proc, which if I didn't have a macro for it, I would have missed.

So you are asking for a 1 button rotation? Maybe you want to build earthshock into the makro as well? I don't know there are not to many buttons you use in a single target (or AOE) fight. Having an eye on weather you will be able to cast another lava Burst or not seems like an easy task tbh. I do agree though that an echo proc should reset Lava Burst CD instead just making it not get on CD when casted. It really sucks when it procs off Lava Burst as you get no use of it and in most cases you would probably get another Echo proc from the 8 seconds casting other spells afterwards, essentially wasting the Echo proc.

I only play Ele as an offspec though and have no clue if it is that bad if you actually know how to play Ele and not just spam Lava Burst, Lightningbolt, Flame and Earthshock.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pur1tas View Post
    So you are asking for a 1 button rotation?
    It's not that, its just that considering if your echo procs, you might end up casting lighting bolt instead of lava burst, which is up at that moment, but has just procced like 0,1 second before, so you end up losing dps.. This is due the design on echo, which atm feels pretty clunky, especially during ascendance.
    Last edited by mmoce888265b45; 2015-01-08 at 09:39 AM.

Deleted
    You clearly have the answer Anzen & yet on this occasion it would seem you'd prefer not to share it...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by weirdshaman View Post
    You clearly have the answer Anzen & yet on this occasion it would seem you'd prefer not to share it...
    The guy is obviously trolling you.
    There is no such macro in the game that will choose which spell to cast based on circumstances. That's your work.
    Especially in the case of EotE, which is not a proc, but rather proc queue.

There are ways for you to assign a multitude of abilities onto 1 mouse button, set priorities and then by pressing that button the game will roll through all abilities in the priority list and cast the first possible/available in the row.
    But again, EotE is different kind of skill which requires you to press the button you want.

Which is maybe the case why many players avoid this otherwise very powerfull dps surge talent, because it adds too much complexity to the gameplay and requires you to be on your toes all the time and carefully monitor your CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by bladebarrier View Post
    The guy is obviously trolling you.
    There is no such macro in the game that will choose which spell to cast based on circumstances. That's your work.
    Especially in the case of EotE, which is not a proc, but rather proc queue.
    Ok then mate, it's actually because I'm at work and don't have access to WoW to copy-pasta it. That and the fact I'd rather not have it that public. I'll PM the OP the macro when I get home if I remember. You'd be surprised how prominent these macro's are in higher level of play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Ok then mate, it's actually because I'm at work and don't have access to WoW to copy-pasta it. That and the fact I'd rather not have it that public. I'll PM the OP the macro when I get home if I remember. You'd be surprised how prominent these macro's are in higher level of play.
    Feel free to post it in this topic instead of PM'ing it to someone.

Im not saying he cant do it, but i see this every so often. Why cant people "react" to spell procs? Instead of calling them "clunky" I would think it brings something interesting to a somewhat bland spec

Quote Originally Posted by Shear View Post
    Im not saying he cant do it, but i see this every so often. Why cant people "react" to spell procs? Instead of calling them "clunky" I would think it brings something interesting to a somewhat bland spec
    Efficiency
    Efficiency generally describes the extent to which time, effort, or cost is well used for the intended task or purpose. It is often used with the specific purpose of relaying the capability of a specific application of effort to produce a specific outcome effectively with a minimum amount or quantity of waste, expense, or unnecessary effort.

Just because a spec is bland doesn't mean I'm going to start clicking spells out my spell book to liven things up at the cost of performance.