Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Ok then mate, it's actually because I'm at work and don't have access to WoW to copy-pasta it. That and the fact I'd rather not have it that public. I'll PM the OP the macro when I get home if I remember. You'd be surprised how prominent these macro's are in higher level of play.
    So you DO have a 1 button Macro for all your spells, because if you have it for lightningbolt with Lavaburst I would not see why you would not add flame or earthshock in aswell. Am I getting something completely wrong or is it exactly what he is saying?

I am not going to weigh in on what he does or doesn't have but a macro that casts the first thing if its available and the next thing if it's not doesn't solve all your problems and that seems to be all were talking about here so no you wouldn't have all your spells in the one macro.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Ok then mate, it's actually because I'm at work and don't have access to WoW to copy-pasta it. That and the fact I'd rather not have it that public. I'll PM the OP the macro when I get home if I remember. You'd be surprised how prominent these macro's are in higher level of play.
    "Rather not share it"

Then dont share it instead of mingle around in PMs and potentially have him publicly post it?

I see laws in this logic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carl812 View Post
    I am not going to weigh in on what he does or doesn't have but a macro that casts the first thing if its available and the next thing if it's not doesn't solve all your problems and that seems to be all were talking about here so no you wouldn't have all your spells in the one macro.
    Finally someone with some sense.
    This is exactly that i'm trying to solve. Cast thing x if it's available, if not, cost thing y.

You can use this to help with lava surge procs. Be wary of it because it is not always ideal.

#Showtooltip
    /castsequence Lightning Bolt
    /Use Lava Burst

I think that's just what one of the pitfalls is of EotE. The way I've always played is I spam the shit out of the next button I'm supposed to use next, where with EotE this can be a problem if it procs as you're waiting for a GCD and it happens like a split second before the GCD ends. I think you either have to accept that just the way it's going to work, no human is going to perfectly react with that sort of timeframe, or move onto a different talent.

FWIW, some other specs had similar things changed to be able to store two or three charges -- because it promotes interesting gameplay, rather than "spam it as much as you can", or worse (eg: frost DK Killing Machine) ignore it completely, responses to the procing thing. I would personally see that for EotE as a valuable thing, because it means I *don't* have to burn it the instance it is available to avoid wasting the proc. (Ditto insta-cast Lava Bursts, but whatever.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    FWIW, some other specs had similar things changed to be able to store two or three charges -- because it promotes interesting gameplay, rather than "spam it as much as you can", or worse (eg: frost DK Killing Machine) ignore it completely, responses to the procing thing. I would personally see that for EotE as a valuable thing, because it means I *don't* have to burn it the instance it is available to avoid wasting the proc. (Ditto insta-cast Lava Bursts, but whatever.)
    As a matter of fact, it is almost all the time burned in the instance for two reasons:
    1. You might waste a proc or two if you delay thanks to the wonderful across the board RNG core of Enha
    2. You will use it for either LL or nova which are up quite very often these days

There is a choice presented behind the skill though - in AoE fights use nova, in single target/cleave fights use LL - what a great choice and depth! Amazing!

What it does present is more button mashing. I admit, for the first time since i started in 2009, playing shaman most of the time, i have finger pains.
    NO GCD wasted - always something to push (bad mechanic imo)
    NO time to look around - watch your action bar because there is always something proccing (MS, EF, EotE, Improved FS)
    NO time to think - you need to carve your priority spells in your brain so are able to mechanically push the right button among the several glowing across your action bar

Here are the issues most casuals like me have with the class.
    On paper it should be fine. In reality it's a GCD-proc-@%$"storm.

Quote Originally Posted by bladebarrier View Post
    As a matter of fact, it is almost all the time burned in the instance for two reasons:
    1. You might waste a proc or two if you delay thanks to the wonderful across the board RNG core of Enha
    2. You will use it for either LL or nova which are up quite very often these days

There is a choice presented behind the skill though - in AoE fights use nova, in single target/cleave fights use LL - what a great choice and depth! Amazing!

What it does present is more button mashing. I admit, for the first time since i started in 2009, playing shaman most of the time, i have finger pains.
    NO GCD wasted - always something to push (bad mechanic imo)
    NO time to look around - watch your action bar because there is always something proccing (MS, EF, EotE, Improved FS)
    NO time to think - you need to carve your priority spells in your brain so are able to mechanically push the right button among the several glowing across your action bar

Here are the issues most casuals like me have with the class.
    On paper it should be fine. In reality it's a GCD-proc-@%$"storm.
    I highly recommend a priority mod for enh. You are correct in that enh has tons of abilities and stuff to watch for which mitigates our ability to look around. A priority mod mitigates that. From there you just need to figure out the delta cases where the mod will tell you something wrong because it can't account for every situation. That's far easier imo than watching a big list of abilities.