Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CccBob View Post
    I'm sure your raid appreciates you keep wiping because you insist on using a subpar talent that basically has zero synergy with the basic holy playstyle. It's alright being deadset on trying to make something work. But deluding others with your thoughts is not right. Go check Jhazruns latest kill on Blackhand, once you find someone delivering that output with Divine Insight please tell me.
    Thank you for telling us about the one time when someone that outgears the raid manages to get good logs with PI.

or simply dont use a Holy Priest because Bubble is amazing.
    You realise this is the fix for a holy priest for every fight in the last 5 tiers, right?

Its clunky and a waste of globals that can be used on Renews. It's not really an argument at all, go check the logs.
    PoM is better burst healing than Renew, how can you even think otherwise?

Either kick the Holy Priest or make him spec Disc and cheese the fight.
    Again, applies to literally every encounter released in the last few years.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 2015-04-11 at 03:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Thank you for telling us about the one time when someone that outgears the raid manages to get good logs with PI.

You realise this is the fix for a holy priest for every fight in the last 5 tiers, right?

PoM is better burst healing than Renew, how can you even think otherwise?

Again, applies to literally every encounter released in the last few years.
    Once you escape denial, let me know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Newb Holy priest wants to know the proper usage of Serendipity.

When you get two stacks during a fight, what spell is used to consume it? Ive been using PoH with 2x Serendipity similarly to how Disc priests use PoH with EAA.
    Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Symmone View Post
    Newb Holy priest wants to know the proper usage of Serendipity.

When you get two stacks during a fight, what spell is used to consume it? Ive been using PoH with 2x Serendipity similarly to how Disc priests use PoH with EAA.
    Is that correct?
    Wouldn't say there's a catch-all cast for Serendipity. Most of the time, I use mine on Heal, just because I end up with a lot of stacks from my 4piece. If there's a group that's taken a lot of damage (Blast Furnace, Beastlord and Gruul come to mind), Prayer of Healing is a good use of it, especially if you can time it so it hits right after the cast. It's not a bad idea to bank your procs for those situations too. But other than that, especially if you're running with WoM and the 4piece, you can be more liberal with Heal casts.
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time

10+ Year Old Account
    So hard casting PoM is a tactic that should be utilized for holy?

Pretty much. You can even use it on cooldown if you've got nothing better to cast, just cause the buff lasts a while and there's always some raid wide damage to trigger it. Otherwise it's not your top priority. If you're running with the 4set, it's good to have a bunch bouncing around to constantly be proccing Serendipity during heavy AoE phases like Demolition, Tantrum or Firestorm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much. You can even use it on cooldown if you've got nothing better to cast, just cause the buff lasts a while and there's always some raid wide damage to trigger it. Otherwise it's not your top priority. If you're running with the 4set, it's good to have a bunch bouncing around to constantly be proccing Serendipity during heavy AoE phases like Demolition, Tantrum or Firestorm.
    Ah yes! I do have the 4p for holy. I need to work on my CoW uptimes as well. Trying to get my HPS higher.

Also my overhealing seems to be around 40% which is pretty high correct? I feel like Im acting like a disc priest half the time and precasting renew before damage goes out which is how I would operate with PWS.

Is holy really the best at getting people back up? I might be undergeared but flash heal > flash heal > heal is only like 47k healing in 3 globals. Resto shaman can do better.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Is holy really the best at getting people back up? I might be undergeared but flash heal > flash heal > heal is only like 47k healing in 3 globals. Resto shaman can do better.
    You seem to be. My Flash hits for over 30k alone.

But as shaman gets more gear too their mastery increases . Why does holy have the title of being the best at pure healing output? But then again I believe Holy has the hots and stuff. Renew plus hot from direct heal is pretty decent I suppose.

Hmm fair enough i guess

Does holy make use of the trinket Winged Hourglass? Unlike disc where they do damage as part of their rotation holy would have to remember to dps from time to time then to keep uptime on the trinket?

Quote Originally Posted by OCDFreaK View Post
    But as shaman gets more gear too their mastery increases . Why does holy have the title of being the best at pure healing output? But then again I believe Holy has the hots and stuff. Renew plus hot from direct heal is pretty decent I suppose.
    Well, hard to say I guess? It's not as black and white as someone having the best output always. If you're healing someone on 1%, yeah, probably the shaman. In a more realistic scenario (~40% and above) I'd say the priest will pull ahead. They're good in their own ways, honestly. Priests will probably handle burst AoE easier than most classes (PoH+CoH+PoM) but we haven't got any sustained AoE like Healing Rain.

Hmm fair enough i guess

Does holy make use of the trinket Winged Hourglass? Unlike disc where they do damage as part of their rotation holy would have to remember to dps from time to time then to keep uptime on the trinket?
    It procs from healing too.

Did you forget that the EoL proc needs to be counted into what Flash Heal does?

Resto shamans have their mastery rolled directly into the heal itself, so you need to count it properly
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Im new to holy priest and im playing an alt as such since it's the spec i enjoy. Is this info on this thread's first page aplicable, particulary, the OP's "rotation" sugestion of just spreading renews, use CoH on cd and lvl 90 talent (along with PoH ofc)?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Im new to holy priest and im playing an alt as such since it's the spec i enjoy. Is this info on this thread's first page aplicable, particulary, the OP's "rotation" sugestion of just spreading renews, use CoH on cd and lvl 90 talent (along with PoH ofc)?
    Renew, CoH, PoM on CD, T90 as appropriate - that's your basic rotation. With the 4-piece PoH whenever you have 2xSerendipity stacks and a group needs healing.

As you get used to fights and their mana requirements, you should be able to dump your excess mana into additional Binding Heals + PoHs.

Alternatively, you should try the FDCL/DS option for fights where at least the ranged or melee group stay clumped. For relatively shorter phases (i.e. P3 BH) with people constantly taking damage, you can also try Chakra: Serenity if you want a different style of healing.

Deleted
    I am rerolling Holy next tier as our guild recruited a disc and maybe its a noob question but i never healed holy without T17 4 piece.

With losing T17 in hfc and not recieving Serendipity stacks from PoM, how often should we use 2x BH + PoH? I know the general rule is to do it when enough (3+ in group) people are taking damage. But in fights with constant high/aoe dmg and such, i feel i´d just go oom. But at the same time i bet renew/CoH wackamole wont keep up. Should we get more mana for it to do so (keep double spirit trinket)?

Edit: in mythic btw ofc
    Last edited by mmoc5829d1e13c; 2015-06-22 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shinbout View Post
    I am rerolling Holy next tier as our guild recruited a disc and maybe its a noob question but i never healed holy without T17 4 piece.

With losing T17 in hfc and not recieving Serendipity stacks from PoM, how often should we use 2x BH + PoH? I know the general rule is to do it when enough (3+ in group) people are taking damage. But in fights with constant high/aoe dmg and such, i feel i´d just go oom. But at the same time i bet renew/CoH wackamole wont keep up. Should we get more mana for it to do so (keep double spirit trinket)?

Edit: in mythic btw ofc
    This is where you will most likely see surge getting play. Its mainly taken for serendipity generation.
    With good enough RNG its actually not bad mana regen - assuming you will be casting them and not wasting any stacks.

Deleted
    Aww yiss.

Was finally able to escape the huge trap that is Disc Priest, and be able to respec Holy \o/
    Although my gear is lacking a lot of multistrike, I think I did pretty well for my first proper raid as Holy in this expansion, even though we only did normal yesterday.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grxl View Post
    Aww yiss.

Was finally able to escape the huge trap that is Disc Priest, and be able to respec Holy \o/
    Although my gear is lacking a lot of multistrike, I think I did pretty well for my first proper raid as Holy in this expansion, even though we only did normal yesterday.
    Lucky you...i went holy after we got another disc in, then after 1 raid she had to quit raiding and now im back to disc QQ

Deleted
    Hey guys,
    is there any reason to prefer Edict of Argus as a holy instead of Voidcore Greatstaff?
    You loose 20 int, 200 haste,117 spell power and 194 mastery to get 367 multistrike.

And I have a question about T18:
    The 2 set bonus can give us 6% for 15sec. PoM got a CD of 10sec. So when I'm casting PoM on the active tank i should always have the 6% buff (and also when it bounces on other raid members).

When I'm understanding it correctly the 4 set bonus does the following things:
    there is a 10% chance that a close target is healed aswell because the PoM heal effect splits. So it doesnt bounce on the target and doesn't duplicate PoM with the actual stacks. It just heals the close target and the target PoM bounced on. So I don't have a HPS increase because there is the same amount of healing - it just splits up on two targets to minimize the overhealing.
    Is that correct? In that case I don't see the need of this bonus.